Centers the Raptors should target in FA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    JV doesn't have big guys who can put up a real fight to play against in practice. JV needs somebody who can give him the sort of challenges he'll typically see on any night in the NBA. Chandler would also offer production as a reserve.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
    Do you know how little NBA teams actually practice during the regular season? Having Jamaal Magloire bang on you with a pad during shoot-arounds and having Greg Stiemsma and chuck Hayes leaning and beating on you is enough. What we need though is a back up 5 that can actually play NBA Games, not practice.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Tyson Chandler
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Guys get real. JV is not going anywhere. If anything we will get a upgraded backup for JV, and a new starting PF and complimentary pieces via free agency.

The only players that I expect to be gone are the expiating contracts and Ross, everyone is here to stay.

They would be stupid to rebuild, and the only way JV goes is if we rebuild, and that is not going to happen, especially with this being the only winning MLSE team and with the all-star-game coming next year.

Comment

Dragan wrote: View Post
          Guys get real. JV is not going anywhere. If anything we will get a upgraded backup for JV, and a new starting PF and complimentary pieces via free agency.

The only players that I expect to be gone are the expiating contracts and Ross, everyone is here to stay.

They would be stupid to rebuild, and the only way JV goes is if we rebuild, and that is not going to happen, especially with this being the only winning MLSE team and with the all-star-game coming next year.
          They would be stupid to try and compete with this roster. So however you define "rebuild" they need to look at re constructing their roster.

With what we have there are a lot of ways to do that, and if the right deal came around I wouldn't be surprised to see all of the players moved this year.

As for this being the only "winning" team, "winning" teams don't get swept and embarrassed. Beat sure, not like that though.

As for the All-star game next year, I would expect the goal is to have one or two young all-star level talents on the team. Nothing Beyond that. And lets be honest, if KL can start we will probably vote in another young gun we like. If JV is retained and DD/KL moved I wouldn't be surprised if he starts in the game lol.

Comment

I like Koufos as a backup 5, alot.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
              Do you know how little NBA teams actually practice during the regular season? Having Jamaal Magloire bang on you with a pad during shoot-arounds and having Greg Stiemsma and chuck Hayes leaning and beating on you is enough. What we need though is a back up 5 that can actually play NBA Games, not practice.
              There's training camp and, yes, they do practice during the season. I must have missed the part of the series sweep where JV got schooled by the rundown old man holding the pad or the part where the end of the bench vet was hanging on him and prevent him from playing his game or the part where he got matched up against the guy who's 25 lbs lighter than him. Yeah, he's getting enough exposure to REAL centers on a regular basis, sorry, pardon me.

Comment

Um.. we need no C. The 3 is really where we lack, guys.

I mean, too many 3 guard line-ups. Way too many.....
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

There's training camp and, yes, they do practice during the season. I must have missed the part of the series sweep where JV got schooled by the rundown old man holding the pad or the part where the end of the bench vet was hanging on him and prevent him from playing his game or the part where he got matched up against the guy who's 25 lbs lighter than him. Yeah, he's getting enough exposure to REAL centers on a regular basis, sorry, pardon me.
                  While he didn't dominate, I would say he fared better in his natch up than the rest of our starters. He still shot 50% from the field for the series and and averaged 11.3 ppg and 9.3 rpg, slightly lower scoring than the regular season but higher rebounding in roughly the same minute. He also made 87.5% of his freethrows as well. Care to take a look at how the rest of the starters did?

Gortat had his way with the raptors defense, but I think Wall's 12.5 assist per game had alot to do with that and don't look past the fact that Brad Beal put up over 20 ppg in the series. JV was not great, but his position is the least of my worries with this team going forward.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Stats only tell part of the story. Kid needs to work on his defense and I think most people agree in here on that.

Comment

Stats only tell part of the story. Kid needs to work on his defense and I think most people agree in here on that.

By no means am I saying he is a finished product, he has a tonne to work on, but no way I can ask my big man to be a defensive presence when our perimeter is filled with a bunch of sieves. All I am saying is that he is not my biggest concern, far from it actually.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

dumb

Comment

I really like Koufus as well.

At some point I'd like to see Bebe pick up hansbrough's minutes too.

Comment

I like Omer Asik. He looks to be a UFA and will provide insta rim protection and rebounding which are two things we really can use help with .
                            Maybe Bebe backs him up and we see what we can get on the open market for JV in trade.
                            Asik is just 28 years old.
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Apr 28, 2015, 08:28 PM.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

JV doesn't have big guys who can put up a real fight to play against in practice. JV needs somebody who can give him the sort of challenges he'll typically see on any night in the NBA. Chandler would also offer production as a reserve.

if Casey's still around Chandler won't be no reserve
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

JV is going nowhere, and with assumption that most of the $ will be going towards SF/PF i'd say Koufas or Biyombo are likely targets.

Comment

Working...
                                X