No announcement yet.

Centers the Raptors should target in FA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He may not be a centre but he could be a valuable piece that could join Raps...
    Dirk Nowitzki.

Dallas will prob look to make some sort of splash thus sunner, a lot of pundits are whispering LA wants to head home to Dallas.

If they do get LA then Dirk might be expendable. He would be that Vet with Championship experience.

Its a long shot but "tis the season"...

Comment

raptorredy wrote: View Post
      Dirk Nowitzki.

Dallas will prob look to make some sort of splash thus sunner, a lot of pundits are whispering LA wants to head home to Dallas.

If they do get LA then Dirk might be expendable. He would be that Vet with Championship experience.

Its a long shot but "tis the season"...
      I have seen more Aldridge to Spurs if Duncan retires than to Dallas. Either way, sounds likely that LA is in Texas next season.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

So we have a chance at Dirk coming to Toronto next year? He'll look good playing here once Masai finishes up the paperwork on LeBron. First things first!

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          if Casey's still around Chandler won't be no reserve
          If Casey's still around he may have his wings clipped after the sweep. He may have to start taking some orders from his boss on who's getting minutes and when.

raptorredy wrote: View Post
          Dirk Nowitzki.
          Yeah, Dirk could be the veteran leader for sure. He's won it all while being the driving force. Does JV and Dirk together work guarding other guys bigs? I think the wings would have to pick up their defensive play for it to work.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            If JV is moved I think it is to go all in on going small. So none of those guys fit, except maybe Wright.
            Toronto couldn't use Mac Gasol?

wow

Comment

We don't need another centre, we have JV, Bebe The Beast and The Almighty Steamer.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

How about Elton Brand? Low cost, good rebounder and doesn't require lots of minutes or plays

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  How about Elton Brand? Low cost, good rebounder and doesn't require lots of minutes or plays
                  Brand's the kinda guy I've always loved (Him back in his Clipper days <3). Would be a ideal option if no other guy signs with us and we let Chuck go.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Brand is old and undersized. He has not had a relevant season since 12/13 in Dallas. Atlanta has used him sparingly the last 2 years. Much more of a 4 than a 5.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

You DO NOT trade a 22yr center who can shoot free throws and do a decent job of protecting the rim, plus he's a decent rebounder and can actually finish a pick and pop.

Centers take forever to develop and you're lucky if you got anything than a glorified garbage man after 5 yrs.
                      Thanks for this post.

People should stop and think before writing dumb sh!t.

Here's the depth chart, let's rank them before talking about packaging this for that.

How many ARE CLEARLY BETTER THAN JV. ?
                      How many WILL BE BETTER THAN JV IN 3 years ?

A. Horford
                      T. Zeller
                      B. Lopez
                      A. Jefferson
                      J. Noah
                      T. Mozgov
                      T. Chandler
                      J. Nurkic
                      A. Drummond
                      A. Bogut
                      D. Howard
                      R. Hibbert
                      D. Jordan
                      J. Hill
                      M. Gasol
                      H. Whiteside
                      Z. Pachulia
                      N. Pekovic
                      O. Asik
                      A. Bargnani
                      E. Kanter
                      N. Vucevic
                      J. Embiid
                      A. Len
                      R. Lopez
                      D. Cousins
                      T. Splitter
                      J. Valanciunas
                      R. Gobert
                      M. Gortat

WJF wrote: View Post
                      While he didn't dominate, I would say he fared better in his natch up than the rest of our starters. He still shot 50% from the field for the series and and averaged 11.3 ppg and 9.3 rpg, slightly lower scoring than the regular season but higher rebounding in roughly the same minute. He also made 87.5% of his freethrows as well. Care to take a look at how the rest of the starters did?

Gortat had his way with the raptors defense, but I think Wall's 12.5 assist per game had alot to do with that and don't look past the fact that Brad Beal put up over 20 ppg in the series. JV was not great, but his position is the least of my worries with this team going forward.

Comment

Yeah...a bit of a tantrum on here that makes Lowry look mature by comparison. We need to get that kid's mother from Baltimore to knock some sense into some of these posts. Moves have to be made and in time they will. PF and SF are problematic. Better defending, speed and size on the bench. Maybe a PG who believes his shot selection and passing need improvement. What to do with the coaching. Definitely a back up C. But JV is pretty far down the list by comparison.

Comment

If Casey is back.. then Nate Robinson might make a good center. He is after all only 5'9.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            If Casey is back.. then Nate Robinson might make a good center. He is after all only 5'9.
                            Tyrion Lannister
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                              Toronto couldn't use Mac Gasol?

wow
                              I skipped over Gasol because we don't have the cap room to offer him his max, which he will surely get from someone (read: many teams).
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

OldSchool wrote: View Post
                                how about Hansbrough for Ed Davis straight up.
                                That might have worked in February, but now Hansbrough is an unrestricted free agent. If you want him to play for your team, better offer a nice contract in July. As for Davis, he has a player option for 2015-16. I have no idea if he wants to exercise it with the Lakers.

Comment

Working...
                                X