X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caccia
    replied
    OldSchool wrote: View Post
    how about Hansbrough for Ed Davis straight up.
    That might have worked in February, but now Hansbrough is an unrestricted free agent. If you want him to play for your team, better offer a nice contract in July. As for Davis, he has a player option for 2015-16. I have no idea if he wants to exercise it with the Lakers.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Superjudge wrote: View Post
    Toronto couldn't use Mac Gasol?

wow
    I skipped over Gasol because we don't have the cap room to offer him his max, which he will surely get from someone (read: many teams).

Leave a comment:

• MACK11
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    If Casey is back.. then Nate Robinson might make a good center. He is after all only 5'9.
    Tyrion Lannister

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    If Casey is back.. then Nate Robinson might make a good center. He is after all only 5'9.

Leave a comment:

• meductic
    replied
    Yeah...a bit of a tantrum on here that makes Lowry look mature by comparison. We need to get that kid's mother from Baltimore to knock some sense into some of these posts. Moves have to be made and in time they will. PF and SF are problematic. Better defending, speed and size on the bench. Maybe a PG who believes his shot selection and passing need improvement. What to do with the coaching. Definitely a back up C. But JV is pretty far down the list by comparison.

Leave a comment:

• distorsun
    replied
    You DO NOT trade a 22yr center who can shoot free throws and do a decent job of protecting the rim, plus he's a decent rebounder and can actually finish a pick and pop.

Centers take forever to develop and you're lucky if you got anything than a glorified garbage man after 5 yrs.
    Thanks for this post.

People should stop and think before writing dumb sh!t.

Here's the depth chart, let's rank them before talking about packaging this for that.

How many ARE CLEARLY BETTER THAN JV. ?
    How many WILL BE BETTER THAN JV IN 3 years ?

A. Horford
    T. Zeller
    B. Lopez
    A. Jefferson
    J. Noah
    T. Mozgov
    T. Chandler
    J. Nurkic
    A. Drummond
    A. Bogut
    D. Howard
    R. Hibbert
    D. Jordan
    J. Hill
    M. Gasol
    H. Whiteside
    Z. Pachulia
    N. Pekovic
    O. Asik
    A. Bargnani
    E. Kanter
    N. Vucevic
    J. Embiid
    A. Len
    R. Lopez
    D. Cousins
    T. Splitter
    J. Valanciunas
    R. Gobert
    M. Gortat

WJF wrote: View Post
    While he didn't dominate, I would say he fared better in his natch up than the rest of our starters. He still shot 50% from the field for the series and and averaged 11.3 ppg and 9.3 rpg, slightly lower scoring than the regular season but higher rebounding in roughly the same minute. He also made 87.5% of his freethrows as well. Care to take a look at how the rest of the starters did?

Gortat had his way with the raptors defense, but I think Wall's 12.5 assist per game had alot to do with that and don't look past the fact that Brad Beal put up over 20 ppg in the series. JV was not great, but his position is the least of my worries with this team going forward.

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    Brand is old and undersized. He has not had a relevant season since 12/13 in Dallas. Atlanta has used him sparingly the last 2 years. Much more of a 4 than a 5.

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    raptors999 wrote: View Post
    How about Elton Brand? Low cost, good rebounder and doesn't require lots of minutes or plays
    Brand's the kinda guy I've always loved (Him back in his Clipper days <3). Would be a ideal option if no other guy signs with us and we let Chuck go.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    How about Elton Brand? Low cost, good rebounder and doesn't require lots of minutes or plays

Leave a comment:

replied
    We don't need another centre, we have JV, Bebe The Beast and The Almighty Steamer.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    If JV is moved I think it is to go all in on going small. So none of those guys fit, except maybe Wright.
    Toronto couldn't use Mac Gasol?

wow

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    if Casey's still around Chandler won't be no reserve
    If Casey's still around he may have his wings clipped after the sweep. He may have to start taking some orders from his boss on who's getting minutes and when.

raptorredy wrote: View Post
    He may not be a centre but he could be a valuable piece that could join Raps...
    Dirk Nowitzki.
    Yeah, Dirk could be the veteran leader for sure. He's won it all while being the driving force. Does JV and Dirk together work guarding other guys bigs? I think the wings would have to pick up their defensive play for it to work.

Leave a comment:

• meductic
    replied
    So we have a chance at Dirk coming to Toronto next year? He'll look good playing here once Masai finishes up the paperwork on LeBron. First things first!

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    raptorredy wrote: View Post
    Dirk Nowitzki.

Dallas will prob look to make some sort of splash thus sunner, a lot of pundits are whispering LA wants to head home to Dallas.

If they do get LA then Dirk might be expendable. He would be that Vet with Championship experience.

Its a long shot but "tis the season"...
    I have seen more Aldridge to Spurs if Duncan retires than to Dallas. Either way, sounds likely that LA is in Texas next season.

Leave a comment:

• raptorredy
    replied
    Dirk Nowitzki.

Dallas will prob look to make some sort of splash thus sunner, a lot of pundits are whispering LA wants to head home to Dallas.

If they do get LA then Dirk might be expendable. He would be that Vet with Championship experience.

Its a long shot but "tis the season"...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X