Zach Lowe Says Things We Already Know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Scott wrote: View Post
    That's not really true though. Paul Pierce at power forward was used hardly at all. I found one Washington Post article saying he was there for 110 minutes total. This team played almost an entirely different offense throughout this series than they did in the regular season.
    Nope. Mostly same offence, different minute allocation to get Pierce more time at PF for more shooters....you know why? Because it was painfully obvious we couldn't stop the playbook they used all year. Why wouldn't you get more shooters when we can't defend for crap? Not to mention Nene was a non-factor for most of the series, and their bench bigs suck. But still, it was primarily Wall making plays and guys being open for shots. Having PP spotting up at the 3 instead of Nene spotting up at 15+ feet is not exactly a difference of night and day. It's not like Whittman made some brilliant tactical adjustment that totally changed the way they played.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Nope. Mostly same offence, different minute allocation to get Pierce more time at PF for more shooters....you know why? Because it was painfully obvious we couldn't stop the playbook they used all year. Why wouldn't you get more shooters when we can't defend for crap? Not to mention Nene was a non-factor for most of the series, and their bench bigs suck. But still, it was primarily Wall making plays and guys being open for shots. Having PP spotting up at the 3 instead of Nene spotting up at 15+ feet is not exactly a difference of night and day. It's not like Whittman made some brilliant tactical adjustment that totally changed the way they played.
      The series was over before it started when Washington realized our defensive schemes let the ball handler go middle. So yeah letting Wall get into the paint destroyed this team and Gortat had easy shots all the time.
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
        The series was over before it started when Washington realized our defensive schemes let the ball handler go middle. So yeah letting Wall get into the paint destroyed this team and Gortat had easy shots all the time.
        and Wall was smart enough to always know where Beal and Gortat were on the court and find them. Amazing the difference a point guard who passes makes.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
          and Wall was smart enough to always know where Beal and Gortat were on the court and find them. Amazing the difference a point guard who passes makes.
          Seriously Wall's court vision is absurd

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
            Amazing what happens when there are actual plays designed to be run from a dribble-penetration, instead of trying to figure that out on the fly, while your teammates just stand around watching your hero-ball attack.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
              It's not even specific to Washington. We were torched by any PG who dared dribbling into the middle this season.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                It's not even specific to Washington. We were torched by any PG who dared dribbling into the middle this season.
                Yeah but it was even worse for us since we're playing Wall who's one of the best passers and unstoppable in the lane.

Comment

It still amazes me that casey didn't try to change his scheme at all with a month or 2 left in the season when it was apparent things had fallen apart. I had people here telling me "its too late to change what was drilled in all season" but zach lowe seems to agree with me, better to try and adjust on the fly and fail then stick with what's guaranteed to fail.

Casey is either too dumb or too stubborn to admit his genius schemes are easily exploitable in todays nba with the athleticism and stretch shooting. It only worked to beat miami because they had shitty pgs, wade didn't shoot 3s and bosh wasn't a stretch 4 yet at the time.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

@KeonClark: your sig for the offseason should read as follows:

"All hail the All-knowing, All-powerful Trinity: Steamer, Sterner, and Scraptor"

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      @KeonClark: your sig for the offseason should read as follows:

"All hail the All-knowing, All-powerful Trinity: Steamer, Sterner, and Scraptor"
                      Did I lose our PER bet?

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        I also agree.

Unless the first choice is a currently employed coach rumoured to be available soon.
                        It may make sense to keep DC as long as Masai needs to extract maximum information and cooperation from him. He does have time if indeed he cannot approach until after the playoffs.

Masai must see his short comings. In any case I will not watch another game with him as coach. It's pointless. I would be shocked if Masai doesnt fire him. Would be a very risky move wrt fan support, corporate sponsorship, the dressing room, possible free agents (maybe good for chuckers in a contract year) and lastly his job.

Comment

I wonder how many people saying "I won't watch another game with Casey as coach" will be singing the same tune in November, after 6 months of being basketball deprived..

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            I wonder how many people saying "I won't watch another game with Casey as coach" will be singing the same tune in November, after 6 months of being basketball deprived..
                            The sad truth
                            @alexgres10

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              There are 29 other teams in the NBA not coached by Casey and potentially a D League team that might not be influenced by him either. There are options.
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

probably waiting for thibs.

Comment

Working...
                                X