Greg Monroe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greg Monroe

Seems like there wont be much change to the backcourt. Its time to focus on the frontcourt

I think Monroe would be a great fit at the 4. His a better rounder than Amir and obviously a better all around offensive player. He would add another play maker on this starting line up. Take away some playmaking duties from Lowry and Dd. Couple see being a huge threat at the free throw. Can shoot, drive and pass. Haven't had that since CB4.

Greg is still young could grown with the core of this team. Turns 25 in two months. Monroe has been Mr. Consistency. He average 15+ 9+ for the last 4 years now. His a high IQ player something this roster need more of especially in the frontcourt. His fairly durable doesn't miss many games if any at all.

One more thing. Since 2011-12(his sophomore season) Monroe leads the eastern conference in 20-10 games with 51. With Lebron James coming in second with 50.

The rumblings of the Knicks really being interested is kind of scary. I still think they will go for a bigger fish like LMA and Gasol though.

This is who Masai should be on the phone with or even in person with come July 1st.
    @Chr1st1anL

If you think JV is slow and a poor defender, you're going to really be enthralled with Monroe.

Comment

I'm a fan of Monroe. Would like to see him here.

Yes, he's not the greatest defender, but I don't think he's incapable. He's more athletic than Jonas, which means he can be taught to defend better.

Comment

Well, to me getting Monroe to play alongside JV would be the ultimate trial by fire for Casey if he's retained.

Some talk from Masai that suggests he wants JV used better and the team to do a better job playing big. Seems they expect to talk with Casey and change the style/schemes on both ends to suit this. Getting Monroe would just force his hand even more. And if he's unable to adapt his coaching style to fit that frontcourt, he's gone, possibly early in the season. (Even though he should be gone now)

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          If you think JV is slow and a poor defender, you're going to really be enthralled with Monroe.
          I don't wanna turn this into a Jonas vs. Monroe debate. They're 2 very different players. But can you look at this video and picture Jonas being quick/agile enough to pull off any of these moves?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I don't wanna turn this into a Jonas vs. Monroe debate. They're 2 very different players. But can you look at this video and picture Jonas being quick/agile enough to pull off any of these moves?

Have you watched Monroe play D?

No?

Well probably because it doesn't happen.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
              Have you watched Monroe play D?

No?

Well probably because it doesn't happen.
              I know he's not the greatest defender. But nobody on this roster is. I just think his offensive game would outweigh his defensive deficiencies.

Comment

great fit for us? Are you kidding me?

Greg + JV = disaster. 2way PF is what we need.

Comment

I know he's not the greatest defender. But nobody on this roster is. I just think his offensive game would outweigh his defensive deficiencies.
                  I've personally had my fill of offensive players with defensive deficiencies on this team. 2 way or D first players are desperately needed.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Offensive quickness is much much different from the type of athleticism you need defensively. Al Jefferson is one of the least quick/agile players in the league...except offensively. Partly because offensive moves can easily be rehearsed and repeated until they're smoother and quicker. Jonas' moves will likely get a bit quicker as he gets more experience.

But that doesn't mean crap in other situations. Monroe is just not very athletic or quick. He's a poor defender, who because of his "meh" athleticism at PF, and poor interior/rim protecting D, hasn't found a defensive niche yet.

That said, it's not like Randolph and Gasol are athletic/quick players. They just have great perimeter defenders and a system that plays to their strengths.

Comment

I think if you somehow land Monroe, JV becomes expendable. Neither guy can hit a jump shot...without pump faking 3 times...so the paint would be realy clogged up. Monroe works well with Drummond because Drummond is really more of a clean up guy and finisher while Monroe is the guy who works in the low post. Would hep with rebounding issues though.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Offensive quickness is much much different from the type of athleticism you need defensively. Al Jefferson is one of the least quick/agile players in the league...except offensively. Partly because offensive moves can easily be rehearsed and repeated until they're smoother and quicker. Jonas' moves will likely get a bit quicker as he gets more experience.

But that doesn't mean crap in other situations. Monroe is just not very athletic or quick. He's a poor defender, who because of his "meh" athleticism at PF, and poor interior/rim protecting D, hasn't found a defensive niche yet.

That said, it's not like Randolph and Gasol are athletic/quick players. They just have great perimeter defenders and a system that plays to their strengths.
                        I think part of the reason that this trend for going smaller exists is so that you have quicker and more agile guys out there though. They want to push the ball every chance they get. It's happening league wide almost so there has to be something to it.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                          great fit for us? Are you kidding me?

Greg + JV = disaster. 2way PF is what we need.
                          Axel wrote: View Post
                          I've personally had my fill of offensive players with defensive deficiencies on this team. 2 way or D first players are desperately needed.
                          This would be my preference too...probably everybody's actually.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                            I think part of the reason that this trend for going smaller exists is so that you have quicker and more agile guys out there though. They want to push the ball every chance they get. It's happening league wide almost so there has to be something to it.
                            Well the PF position is changing a lot to one about floor spacing. It's getting harder to play two conventional bigs, but it's not impossible and certainly being done in some places around the league. Especially with the way the rules are now, it's hard having more than one inside player if you want to have good spacing. Ideally you want a big enough PF out there who can still do some of the big-man duties, but also spread the floor.

You can get lots of hole-ridden lineups using wings or guys who struggle on the interior (like Pat), and you really have to excel in the small-ball scenarios to make up for that.

Comment

Hmmm...
                              Pop Quiz : Who's gonna give him the ball ??LOL

I'm a fan of Monroe. Would like to see him here.

Yes, he's not the greatest defender, but I don't think he's incapable. He's more athletic than Jonas, which means he can be taught to defend better.

Comment

Working...
                              X