• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i could see them trying to replace amir with manimal

Comment

Going to attempt to read Masai's mind:

1) Casey will be back to the chagrin of most Raptor fans

2) Steamer, Lou, Fields will be gone.

4) Amir, Hans and Hayes will be back. Hans will get a 1+1 deal for like $3M/yr. Amir will get a 1+1 deal for like $10M/yr. Hayes will get the vet minimum.

5) Masai gets another pick (trades JJ for a draft pick) and drafts Harrell and Lucas.

6) In free agency Masai goes after guys like Koufos or Wright (at center) and Dunleavy or Mbah a Moute (at wing). Possibly even Deng for some vet leadership.

The roster would like like this:

Lowry/GV/Lucas
      DD/GV
      Ross/Dunleavy/(Deng)/Bruno
      Amir/Hans/Harrell
      JV/Koufous/Hayes/Bebe

* one of Lucas/Harrell/Daniels will not be on the opening day roster.

... not great. But should make the playoffs again. Team is leaning towards 2016 to make a splash. A trade deadline move may be made to get another vet depending on playoff positioning.

Comment

Ok, here it goes....trying to keep what I want out as much as possible (mix of want and expect in here)

1. Casey is no longer the coach. Masai wants Messina or Udoka, but San Antonio go on another title run, and in the meantime Masai interviews several fall-back options, but falls in love with one of them and hires him due to fear of another team jumping in first. The “fall-back” coach we land is either Alex Jensen, Sam Cassell, or Kenny Atkinson. Younger, progressive thinkers. One of the current Raps assistants takes the D-League Head Coaching position (Bayno or Nurse). Mo Pete joins Raps staff in assistant capacity (possibly D-League staff).

2. Lowry is traded to Sac for Jason Thompson and Nik Stauskas (aka Sauce Castillo)

Sac needs a proper PG and they’ve enjoyed success with Rudy Gay. Gay and Lowry’s buddy-buddy relationship is enough to convince the Kings to pull the trigger. They don’t want Thompson and Stauskas is in a crowded SG position on the team. By adding Lowry, they hope to compete for playoffs before risking alienating Cousins any more than they already have. Kings draft a big man at #6.

Toronto gets an under-achieving PF who rebounds and a young (Canadian) SG who can shoot. Thompson forms the front-court rotation of Patterson, JV (starters), Thompson and ...see #8 and #11 below.

3. Lou, Amir, Hayes, Hansbrough and Fields are all allowed to walk. Lou signs an over-priced deal with New York. Amir gets a great offer and leaves in a tearful farewell. Hansbrough signs with a western contender. Fields sleeps with his beautiful wife on top of a pile of money every night. Hayes signs a 1 yr deal with Minnesota.

4. Nando De Colo returns to the Raps to compete for a starting spot.

5. Masai throws an offer sheet at Cory Joseph while the Spurs are trying to lure Aldridge to sign. In a game of cap space chicken, Spurs match and still manage to sign Aldridge over Dallas.

6. Drafts PG Delon Wright of Utah at #20 much to the chagrin of many RR posters who are screaming for PG George Lucas.

7. Masai pulls off a trade with GSW for #30 and drafts the sliding PG George Lucas; causing Raps fans to celebrate and then wonder about our overall PG situation. Cost – multiple future 2nd rounders as GSW is trying to avoid luxury threshold while retaining Draymond Green and don’t want the guaranteed salary of a 1st rounder.

8. Acquires Tibor Pleiss’s rights from Utah and brings over the 7’2 25 yr old Center known as “The Octopus” to back up JV. Cost – future 2nd rounder

9. Daniels comes back from Australia and plays in the D-League with only 5 NBA appearances.

10. GV is shopped but with no takers without taking back significant salary, he is kept but reverts back to his “pass-first” ways. Splits starting PG duties with De Colo (Raps do love a good PG controversy) and shimmies his way back into RR good graces. His defence is still terrible, but he works hard and has better shot selection.

11. Wright, Lucas, Bruno and Bebe all spend some time in the D-League, but Wright eventually takes over as starting PG by Jan.

Raps current line-up
        PG: De Colo/GV, Wright, Lucas
        SG: DD, Stauskas
        SF: JJ, Ross, Bruno
        PF: PP, JT
        C: JV, TP, Bebe

Team wins the Atlantic again (but with much stronger competition) with 46 wins. Masai ignores the pressure to add a "vet PG" at the deadline, instead rolling with the younger players. Raps win a hard fought 7 game first round series over Milwaukee. JJ owns Jabari Parker causing the Bucks leading scorer great frustration in his first playoff experience. Raps compete but lose in 2nd round in 5 games to the Bulls (who retain Thibs for one more season btw).
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

If Jason Thompson and Nik Stauskas is all you can get for Kyle Lowry, then you aren't going to trade Kyle Lowry. That's maybe 60 cents on the dollar.
          That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
            If Jason Thompson and Nik Stauskas is all you can get for Kyle Lowry, then you aren't going to trade Kyle Lowry. That's maybe 60 cents on the dollar.
            Price is determined by the market. Not a lot of demand for PGs in the league. Supply is high, price is low. Adding a SG who can shoot coming off a rookie season isn't pennies either.

Edit Add: Would you have traded Lowry for a Top 10 pick in 2014 draft?
            Last edited by Axel; Wed Apr 29, 2015, 11:20 AM.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

And my point is that if that's the market, you are better off not trading him.

I don't know whether I would have traded Lowry for a top 10 draft pick last year, but Stauskas stock has fallen a bit since then too based on a pretty rocky year last year.
              That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
                And my point is that if that's the market, you are better off not trading him.

I don't know whether I would have traded Lowry for a top 10 draft pick last year, but Stauskas stock has fallen a bit since then too based on a pretty rocky year last year.
                Well feel free to make your own predictions

Personally, I think Lowry is gone. He has a rep as a coach killer and was traded for a late lotto pick. In the last 3 years, has he done anything to change that perception? I'd have to say no based on the exit interviews. His performance peaked really high, but also hit some bad lows. Add in the age factor, and I simply don't think many teams want him, Toronto included.

You have to ask yourself, is this the guy (who may have lead a swag crew mutiny over a hapless Casey) you want around while you develop Bruno, Bebe, Daniels, JV, Lucas, Wright, etc?

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                  Price is determined by the market. Not a lot of demand for PGs in the league. Supply is high, price is low. Adding a SG who can shoot coming off a rookie season isn't pennies either.

Edit Add: Would you have traded Lowry for a Top 10 pick in 2014 draft?
                  Were talking about the same man who got a 1st for Bargnani and Salmons for Lou, Bebe

He's gonna get more than Stauskas and a bust for Lowry.
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    Were talking about the same man who got a 1st for Bargnani and Salmons for Lou, Bebe

He's gonna get more than Stauskas and a bust for Lowry.
                    True, but Dolan wont return Masai's calls anymore.

The Salmons deal was a very unique circumstance, and as much as we feel we got a steal of a deal, don't think Atlanta is too bummed out by the deal right now.

Just don't see the market developing and I think Lowry needs to go. Adding a Canadian is something that Masai has said he wants to do, Stauskas has good size/shooting on the wing and is just entering his 2nd season. Thompson helps with our rebounding in the short term, while we aim for a new PF in 2016.

Comment

True, but Dolan wont return Masai's calls anymore.

The Salmons deal was a very unique circumstance, and as much as we feel we got a steal of a deal, don't think Atlanta is too bummed out by the deal right now.

Just don't see the market developing and I think Lowry needs to go. Adding a Canadian is something that Masai has said he wants to do, Stauskas has good size/shooting on the wing and is just entering his 2nd season. Thompson helps with our rebounding in the short term, while we aim for a new PF in 2016.
                      You do realize just how bad this team will be if we trade Lowry for a Rookie and Jason Thompson?

Comment

You do realize just how bad this team will be if we trade Lowry for a Rookie and Jason Thompson?
                        You do realize how bad this team was from Jan on?

Comment

They've been terrible all year. They were just winning games by blowing out teams benches early in the year.

Comment

Yeah, and that's how the team will be without Lowry

Comment

Yeah, and that's how the team will be without Lowry
                              Not sure I agree with that. With a real Coach, plus the other roster changes I predicted, things will be different.

Look, I'm not trying to predict a perfect off-season. If I did, we would have landed Vonleh from Charlotte and a lotto pick to boot, just don't see it all happening. I'm trying to predict some realistic events and my gut says DD stays (although I would love to ship him to Charlotte for the above) but KL goes.

Comment

Not sure I agree with that. With a real Coach, plus the other roster changes I predicted, things will be different.

Look, I'm not trying to predict a perfect off-season. If I did, we would have landed Vonleh from Charlotte and a lotto pick to boot, just don't see it all happening. I'm trying to predict some realistic events and my gut says DD stays (although I would love to ship him to Charlotte for the above) but KL goes.
                                Oh my bad I thought we were keeping Casey lol

If there's a new coach than anything is possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X