What happens this off season: Bragging Rights Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thead wrote: View Post
    3.) Golden State signs and trades Draymond Green to us for Patterson, James Johnson and 2 2016 1st round picks
    this is like the ultimate "people don't understand how sign and trades work" Raptors Republic post of all time

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
      Casey, JV, random equipment manager and.....Magloire? Who's the big guy supposed to be?
      Casey, Terrence Ross, Lowry, JV, in order. JV should be the tallest, but it's a cartoon.

Comment

for the TL;DR Crowd

1. Address the identity crisis this team is currently suffering from.
        2. Casey retained based on the revamped "Pound the Rock" mentality he first brought here (albeit, with a short leash).
        3. Address the PG situation, sorry scratch that... REVISIT the PG situation.
        4. Hansbrough signs 4m per @ 2years
        5. Amir signs 5m per @ 2years, forced into a backup role by management and coaching staff
        6. Lou Williams is traded before the season starts (fingers crossed on that one)
        7. Terrence Ross and the player he once never wanted to be.
        8. Valanciunas re-ups at an increased rate (i'm thinking 7m per)
        9. Fields, Steamer, Hayes, walk.
        10. Watch meaningful April basketball.

Now for the Rant

I think the primary goal for Masai this summer is to see what exactly this organization has in both Kyle Lowry and Terrence Ross and Dwane Casey. Based on that...

Either Kyle has to grow up and wear a pair, or ship him out. It was old Kyle of Houston that showed up this playoffs, and chucking that pass at Brian Forte (the ref that tec'd him up in Game 3 or 4) showed us just that. Keep your emotions in check, show up to camp in shape, and always look for that extra pass, we've seen you do it before, do it again.

Dear Lou Williams, You cant shoot your way to the second round of a playoffs against 2 defenders, especially from 8' behind the 3 point line with 18 seconds left on the shot clock. I'm just sayin'. Now with a 6th man of the year award, your stock is at an all time high. So whichever team needs bench scoring they can have you. Rudy Gay 2.0, get rid of him, cause i blame the comfort zone that this entire raptors season was all about, on you. It trickled down to your point guards, your 2s, and it even got your coach lazy. It's been grand Lou, enjoy Portland, or Denver, really though, watching that unnecessary deep 3 after faking right then going left ... it's been a slice, enjoy your pay increase, sincerly the 2014-15 Toronto Raptor's playoff hopes.

/* Just as an aside note here, let's be honest, Portland having just lost in 5 to Memphis could quite possibly see Lamarcus Aldridge on the move, so it's not at all entirely impossible to see an expiring like Robin Lopez on the out either. I mean he's got a quirky relationship with the Raptor, his contract numbers somewhat match LouWill's, so it might be a win/win for both, addressing needs for both teams.

As for JJ Hickson, it is an extra year, but its a PF that can rebound and block shots.
        */

Can Terrence Ross jump higher than his ego? Is he accurately depicted on his nba2k15 avatar ? Do we as raptors fans really even care anymore?

Here is where i stand. #micdrop

I think we've seen enough from JV. He's a slow-ish big, that can post up for you, grab 6 or 7 rebounds and block a shot or 2, per game. As his basketball IQ expands, so will his knowledge of the game and comfort within his role. I predict as slow and steady incline, to maybe a steady double double kinda guy. IMO, there is nothing wrong with keeping someone like that, with his skill set, at his age. Get him a face tatoo, and have him be the one to exude emotion and confidence amongst his fellow floor-mates.

How long have we been together now Amir? It seems like forever... When we first met, you did have corn rows, didn't you? Whatever happend to the Young Guns campaign? I was sold. I really don't want you to go Amir, but i understand age, health, stability. I think you are a primary reason the raptors did as well as they did for the past 2 years, and ya we've been through a lot together, what with all the losing and what not. But i think we can give it one more shot, no? I think Demar needs you here. I need you here. Its a subtle reminder of what a mess Bryan Coangelo has made here, and how quickly Masai has somewhat cleaned it up. You're the inspiration behind all the naivety that is a raptors fan, and we need that.

On a happier note, Demar Derozan. Demar has improved every year, and if i was anyone, i'd know that he probably snuck in a few "Most Improved" player votes along the way, however far behind Kawahi and Draymond. He's a staple to this offence, and when he's on his game, he really is an all star. I think its to early for him to go, but if you're Masai, and you have Looming possibility of playoff run in one hand, and trade value in the other... what do you do ? I for one cannot answer that. My signed Demar Derozan jersey will remain where it is, regardless... Behind Glass.

Patrick Patterson is like that new girlfriend you just can't stop calling. Ain't that true Dwane Casey? Need some D? Heck, P will bring it... What about some 3? Sure, he's got that too... Well, sometimes.

Patrick, your a pro. And the working class fan base loves you for it. Because they can relate. Because they know what its like to clean a toilet, to mop a floor, to be called on for whatever really needs to get done, done. You will always have that common bond, in that of a stalwart shield mentality within a fan here in Toronto. Keep it up, work hard and this city will love you for it.

Tyler Hansbrough you have the ugliest game in the nba. You get physical. And like pPat, we love you for it. I think psycho T played well this year, just not used properly/enough... Whatever you call not matching up defensively, based on the coaches decision.

I love this team and i don't want to see it be (as it always has been) an nba laughing stock. But until we stop rewarding mediocrity, and come up with a hard nosed, tough identity on the court, we are doomed.

Masai needs to address locker room stability, consistent offensive [set] plays, and a disciplined defensive system (similar to that of indiana or memphis). And that starts with whatever Masai chooses to do with Dwane Casey.

And now for the hypothetical longshot... If Masai fires Casey and hires Scott Brooks, does that mean we have a greater than better shot at getting Kevin Durant?
        I dont know, just putting that last one out there...
        Last edited by shan2on; Thu Apr 30, 2015, 03:42 PM.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          So thead....that signature.....
          what signature
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

1. Fire Dwayne Casey
            2. Trade draft pick and Kyle Lowry for Sacramento's pick
            3. Draft the best player available
            4. Sign Kris Middleton
            5. Dependent on who we draft; resign Amir Johnson to a reduced contract, and role
            6. Possibly resign Lou Williams to replace Greivas Vasquez if traded, or as a trade chip

Core:
            2015 Draft Pick/2016 DN/NYK Pick
            Demar Derozan/Terrance Ross
            Kris Middleton/Bruno Coboclo
            Patrick Patterson
            Jonas Valunciunas/Bebe
            Last edited by SamSquared; Thu Apr 30, 2015, 11:25 PM.

Comment

1. Fire casey
              2. Trade KL and the 2016 raps pick for sac 2015 first round pick thompson and collison
              3. Trade dd for vonleh and stevenson
              4. Draft mario hezonja and george lucas
              5. Sign corey brewer to a reasonable deal, amir and keep lou
              Trade jj for a future second

Collison/gv
              Hezonja/lou/stevenson
              Ross/brewer/
              Vonleh/ppat/thompson
              Jv/amir

With a good coach i think this team could get a 7 seed. Hopefully they can raise stevensons trade value and trade him for a vet around the trade deadline, to help the team in the playoffs.

Note this is really just what i want to see, not what i expect. I just cant tell what MU wants to do.

Send lucas, bruno and bebe to the d league for most of the year.

Lineup of the future:
              Lucas
              Hezonja
              Bruno
              Vonleh
              Jv

Comment

Fonzi wrote: View Post
                All right:

1) Casey remains the coach but is not given an extension during the season.

2) Lowry and Ross are traded.

3) We bring in a new PG and PF via trades or free agent signings.

4) Neither Amir nor Lou get a new contract with the Raptors.
                1-3 .....I agree

One of Amir or Lou will be back

Sign Corey Joseph at PG

Sign Middleton or Carroll

My wish: Demarcus Cousins in a Raptor uniform playing beside PPat, with the above staying the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think the priority this off-season is to determine a direction for the team. I think Masai Ujiri should continue to make long-term decisions, and only sacrifice long-term success if it makes the team a contender.
                  Off-season priorities:
                  1. 2015-2016 D-League team
                  2. Fire Dwayne Casey for a potential long-term coach
                  3. Trade Kyle Lowry for draft picks or prospects

Comment

Ok, here it goes....trying to keep what I want out as much as possible (mix of want and expect in here)

1. Casey is no longer the coach. Masai wants Messina or Udoka, but San Antonio go on another title run, and in the meantime Masai interviews several fall-back options, but falls in love with one of them and hires him due to fear of another team jumping in first. The “fall-back” coach we land is either Alex Jensen, Sam Cassell, or Kenny Atkinson. Younger, progressive thinkers. One of the current Raps assistants takes the D-League Head Coaching position (Bayno or Nurse). Mo Pete joins Raps staff in assistant capacity (possibly D-League staff).

2. Lowry is traded to Sac for Jason Thompson and Nik Stauskas (aka Sauce Castillo)

Sac needs a proper PG and they’ve enjoyed success with Rudy Gay. Gay and Lowry’s buddy-buddy relationship is enough to convince the Kings to pull the trigger. They don’t want Thompson and Stauskas is in a crowded SG position on the team. By adding Lowry, they hope to compete for playoffs before risking alienating Cousins any more than they already have. Kings draft a big man at #6.

Toronto gets an under-achieving PF who rebounds and a young (Canadian) SG who can shoot. Thompson forms the front-court rotation of Patterson, JV (starters), Thompson and ...see #8 and #11 below.

3. Lou, Amir, Hayes, Hansbrough and Fields are all allowed to walk. Lou signs an over-priced deal with New York. Amir gets a great offer and leaves in a tearful farewell. Hansbrough signs with a western contender. Fields sleeps with his beautiful wife on top of a pile of money every night. Hayes signs a 1 yr deal with Minnesota.

4. Nando De Colo returns to the Raps to compete for a starting spot.

5. Masai throws an offer sheet at Cory Joseph while the Spurs are trying to lure Aldridge to sign. In a game of cap space chicken, Spurs match and still manage to sign Aldridge over Dallas.

6. Drafts PG Delon Wright of Utah at #20 much to the chagrin of many RR posters who are screaming for PG George Lucas.

7. Masai pulls off a trade with GSW for #30 and drafts the sliding PG George Lucas; causing Raps fans to celebrate and then wonder about our overall PG situation. Cost – multiple future 2nd rounders as GSW is trying to avoid luxury threshold while retaining Draymond Green and don’t want the guaranteed salary of a 1st rounder.

8. Acquires Tibor Pleiss’s rights from Utah and brings over the 7’2 25 yr old Center known as “The Octopus” to back up JV. Cost – future 2nd rounder

9. Daniels comes back from Australia and plays in the D-League with only 5 NBA appearances.

10. GV is shopped but with no takers without taking back significant salary, he is kept but reverts back to his “pass-first” ways. Splits starting PG duties with De Colo (Raps do love a good PG controversy) and shimmies his way back into RR good graces. His defence is still terrible, but he works hard and has better shot selection.

11. Wright, Lucas, Bruno and Bebe all spend some time in the D-League, but Wright eventually takes over as starting PG by Jan.

Raps current line-up
                    PG: De Colo/GV, Wright, Lucas
                    SG: DD, Stauskas
                    SF: JJ, Ross, Bruno
                    PF: PP, JT
                    C: JV, TP, Bebe

Team wins the Atlantic again (but with much stronger competition) with 46 wins. Masai ignores the pressure to add a "vet PG" at the deadline, instead rolling with the younger players. Raps win a hard fought 7 game first round series over Milwaukee. JJ owns Jabari Parker causing the Bucks leading scorer great frustration in his first playoff experience. Raps compete but lose in 2nd round in 5 games to the Bulls (who retain Thibs for one more season btw).
                    Hey hey hey

Nice work Axel!

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      Hey hey hey

Nice work Axel!
                      So how much bragging rights come with 1 correct answer (so far)?
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

you get 6 bragging points. That's good for one can of pop from the republics virtual vending machine.

You also get the honour of using "I'm 100 percent right 9.090909090909090 percent of the time" as your signature
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

More than the rest of us.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                            you get 6 bragging points. That's good for one can of pop from the republics virtual vending machine.

You also get the honour of using "I'm 100 percent right 9.090909090909090 percent of the time" as your signature
                            I'll take it!

Any Dr. Pepper in that vending machine?
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I'll take it!

Any Dr. Pepper in that vending machine?
                              From all of us... enjoy!

Comment

If we end up trading Lowry for Thompson and Stauskas we're burning you at the stake like a witch. Because at that point not only would you be a dark wizard, you'd also have to be some kind of Sacramento sleeper agent.

Nice call on Wright.

Comment

Working...
                                X