2015 Raptors Offseason - Everything rumors, musings and rumblings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Barnes vs DeRozan for a big contract offer from Raptors. Who you got and why?
    Barnes. Better shooter, better defender & younger (plus probably cheaper).
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      Barnes. Better shooter, better defender & younger (plus probably cheaper).
      This but the biggest factor being the bolded. Even though he's a RFA, I don't think GS would match on even a semi big contract.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• At this point Barnes has lots to prove to earn the money he'll be seeking and it may take even more than what DD will accept considering he's an RFA and you'd want GSW to not match. Personally at this point I don't think Barnes moves the dial much.

I'd still go after a cheap replacement for DD like Gerald Green and then go for broke in 2017.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          At this point Barnes has lots to prove to earn the money he'll be seeking and it may take even more than what DD will accept considering he's an RFA and you'd want GSW to not match. Personally at this point I don't think Barnes moves the dial much.

I'd still go after a cheap replacement for DD like Gerald Green and then go for broke in 2017.
          Good thing he has 81 games + playoffs

Obviously he has to play well this year (his totals wont jump off the page in his current role but his defence and efficiency is something that will translate). He was great in the playoffs last year.

Gerald Green does not scream "Masai signing" - even on the cheap. Would rather Gerald Henderson than Green.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            Good thing he has 81 games + playoffs

Obviously he has to play well this year (his totals wont jump off the page in his current role but his defence and efficiency is something that will translate). He was great in the playoffs last year.

Gerald Green does not scream "Masai signing" - even on the cheap. Would rather Gerald Henderson than Green.

I wonder if he has that Harden leap in him.. good player on great team. Gets moved and becomes top 5 player in league.

Comment

• GSW has to pay Curry in 2017.. so it may not be too difficult to get him in free agency even if he is an RFA.

Comment

I wonder if he has that Harden leap in him.. good player on great team. Gets moved and becomes top 5 player in league.
                Well I wouldn't expect that, but I see him in a similar mold to Carroll. Good size, versatility, and shooting and comes from a team that plays for each other.

If he makes that Harden leap, or even shows flashes, I would pay him a lot of money, and eventually GSW has to make tough decisions.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                  This but the biggest factor being the bolded. Even though he's a RFA, I don't think GS would match on even a semi big contract.
                  No big deal, GS is spending ALot on salaries and will likely be handcuffed if they look to match.

Comment

• Honestly, the possibility of adding Barnes would also leave the door open to possibly sign pau gasol or terrence jones or ryan anderson or one of those :teir 2" bigmen after horford with the same amount of money(or a bit less) than it would take to get Durant.

IE:

We could have:

Lowry/Joseph/Wright
                    Carroll/Powell
                    Barnes/Ross/Bruno
                    Jones/Draft
                    JV/Bebe/Biyombo

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                      No big deal, GS is spending ALot on salaries and will likely be handcuffed if they look to match.
                      Always hard to predict, but in terms of options after KD and Horford (clear Plan A & B), Barnes seems the next best.

Comment

• GSW are just delaying signing him until after FA to maintain flexibilty. Issue is also he wants 20M

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                          Honestly, the possibility of adding Barnes would also leave the door open to possibly sign pau gasol or terrence jones or ryan anderson or one of those :teir 2" bigmen after horford with the same amount of money(or a bit less) than it would take to get Durant.

IE:

We could have:

Lowry/Joseph/Wright
                          Carroll/Powell
                          Barnes/Ross/Bruno
                          Jones/Draft
                          JV/Bebe/Biyombo
                          Barnes would be worth about $20M/yr. Not going to have enough to go after someone like Gasol or Jones without making additional moves. Losing DD, Ross, JJ, Biyombo and Scola we would have enough for $25M.

Even if Barnes take $18M a year.. that's still only $7M and that's not including Ross.

*Edit: Unless we trade for Barnes mid season. His cap hold is only $5M.
                          Last edited by planetmars; Fri Oct 30, 2015, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Wonder if GSW would be willing to trade Barnes for Ross and a first round pick (Toronto's 2016 pick)?

Love that his cap hold is low.

Comment

Barnes would be worth about $20M/yr. Not going to have enough to go after someone like Gasol or Jones without making additional moves. Losing DD, Ross, JJ, Biyombo and Scola we would have enough for $25M.

Even if Barnes take $18M a year.. that's still only $7M and that's not including Ross.

*Edit: Unless we trade for Barnes mid season. His cap hold is only $5M.
                              there you go, I think he gets about 18 million.

I can see Jones jumping all over an offer of 1.7 million to start with big bonuses built into it.

He has had alot of injuries and if we plan on swooping in whil everyone else fights over KD and Horford he might just jump all over it.

Comment

Wonder if GSW would be willing to trade Barnes for Ross and a first round pick (Toronto's 2016 pick)?

Love that his cap hold is low.
                                They might, Ross would fit there.

Might take more than just our pick though....it would be Ross and NYKs pick for Barnes...imo...

But with his caphold we could chase after Horford if we still cut alot of salary and sign barnes afterwards.

Lowry
                                Carroll
                                Barnes
                                Horford
                                JV

Comment

Working...
                                X