Hope to see an upgrade at SF.

Leonard
    Green
    Butler
    Middleton
    Harris

Any of those would be great.

I think Harris is the most likely.

Orlando is coming off a disappointing 25 win season. They have highly paid, high lottery draft picks under contract with Vucevic given an extension at approximately $12M per year.

Does Orlando lock up a wing at that cost or more from a 25 win team?

I think Harris is the most obtainable restricted free agent this summer.
    Why not go UFA and target Carroll? I'm not a fan of massively overpaying an RFA in this underwhelming FA class, screwing our cap space for the future.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      Hope to see an upgrade at SF.

Leonard
      Green
      Butler
      Middleton
      Harris

Any of those would be great.

I think Harris is the most likely.

Orlando is coming off a disappointing 25 win season. They have highly paid, high lottery draft picks under contract with Vucevic given an extension at approximately $12M per year.

Does Orlando lock up a wing at that cost or more from a 25 win team?

I think Harris is the most obtainable restricted free agent this summer.
      True. A lot of boards have the Magic picking Justise Winslow. Besides making Orlando the scariest 1-3 defensive combo, would make Harris real available.
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

If we can't land Harris (and I don't think we can get Kwahi, Butler, Green, Middleton - in order of unlikeliness), then Jae Crowder is a solid fall-back option to me. Solid 2 way player and won't break the bank. It would mean JJ and/or Ross would need to play more PF and SG, but I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
          Why not go UFA and target Carroll? I'm not a fan of massively overpaying an RFA in this underwhelming FA class, screwing our cap space for the future.
          29yo vs 23yo

Harris is also better

The cap space is a nonissue with TV deal kicking in.

Comment

Tobias Harris and Al Horford are the two players I would love to see Masai making moves to get.

Comment

I can see Masai going after someone like Luc Mbah a Moute after striking out on the notable SF's in free agency. I think Masai is going to continue to keep things flexible. No long term contracts until 2016.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                29yo vs 23yo

Harris is also better

The cap space is a nonissue with TV deal kicking in.
                If we give Carroll a 3-4 year deal age won't matter one bit, he's still getting better and 29 is not old.

I think Carroll is better than Harris, and will provide valuable veteran leadership (he knows how to win right).

Carroll: 117 ORtg, 104 DRtg, 15.9 PER, .395 3pt%, .603 TS%

Harris: 107 ORtg, 108 DRtg, 16.7 PER, .364 3pt%, .551 TS%

Carroll we could get for around $10M (my guess), Harris would probably take a max deal at $16M.

Just because the cap is going to go up, doesn't mean we should waste any cap space. That extra $6M will certainly be useful somewhere else on the roster (PF!!!!!!).
                Last edited by Primer; Fri May 1, 2015, 01:43 PM.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  I can see Masai going after someone like Luc Mbah a Moute after striking out on the notable SF's in free agency. I think Masai is going to continue to keep things flexible. No long term contracts until 2016.
                  Good lord, I hope that's not the case.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                    I could see a move like GV + Ross + 2016 TOR pick for Taj Gibson. That would round out the lineup very nicely. Then draft a backup PG (George Lucas?) sign a vet (Brooks maybe?) to the Room MLE as a combo guard for depth at the 1 and 2. Bring back Hansbrough for the minimum or any extra cap room we have. Sign a depth wing with the minimum.

Lowry/Lucas/Vet
                    DD/Middleton/Vet
                    Middleton/JJ/Bruno
                    Gibson/PP/Hansbrough
                    JV/Hansbrough/BeBe
                    Looks better than mine, but does chicago do that trade?

And that bench is still pretty weak. Depending on who we get at the 1 and 2.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                      If we give Carroll a 3-4 year deal age won't matter one bit, he's still getting better and 29 is not old.

I think Carroll is better than Harris, and will provide valuable veteran leadership (he knows how to win right).

Carroll: 117 ORtg, 104 DRtg, 15.9 PER, .395 3pt%, .603 TS%

Harris: 107 ORtg, 108 DRtg, 16.7 PER, .364 3pt%, .551 TS%

Carroll we could get for around $10M (my guess), Harris would probably take a max deal at $16M.

Just because the cap is going to go up, doesn't mean we should waste any cap space. That extra $6M will certainly be useful somewhere else on the roster (PF!!!!!!).
                      They are very different players.

Carroll is a role player of which raps have many.

They need talent. Harris is a talented player.

Carroll plays within a system that gives him many open looks and he has a usage of just 16.9 with 9.3 FGA per game. Harris doesn't have elite usage but it is much higher at 22.5 and 14 FGA per game.

I'd go younger talent but that is just me.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        I could see a move like GV + Ross + 2016 TOR pick for Taj Gibson. That would round out the lineup very nicely. Then draft a backup PG (George Lucas?) sign a vet (Brooks maybe?) to the Room MLE as a combo guard for depth at the 1 and 2. Bring back Hansbrough for the minimum or any extra cap room we have. Sign a depth wing with the minimum.

Lowry/Lucas/Vet
                        DD/Middleton/Vet
                        Middleton/JJ/Bruno
                        Gibson/PP/Hansbrough
                        JV/Hansbrough/BeBe
                        I would not give up a pick for Gibson.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          I haven't really been following the Aldridge situation in Portland. What's the feeling there? Is he loyal?
                          I really think Aldridge is overrated. If you think Demar takes terrible shots, wait till you see aldridge.
                          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                            I really think Aldridge is overrated. If you think Demar takes terrible shots, wait till you see aldridge.
                            The impact of his contract will be Joe Johnson: Part Deux

....although maybe not with new tv deal

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                              Those 18 foot step backs are brutal.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                The impact of his contract will be Joe Johnson: Part Deux

....although maybe not with new tv deal
                                Unless the Spurs get him...in which case he is likely to go down as one of the greatest of his era.

Comment

Working...
                                X