No announcement yet.

Armstrong on Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jv and pat are the only things worth keeping.

Demar needs to go.
    Lowry second

Comment

Bear wrote: View Post

Demar needs to go.
      Lowry second
      I liked the all-around game DeMar showed near the end of the season (that disappeared during the playoffs). If the team can get him to play that way again I wouldn't mind keeping him around. That said, I wouldn't keep him around with the idea that he can be "the guy" for the team.
      OG is our king

Comment

Bear wrote: View Post

Demar needs to go.
        Lowry second
        I don't know why Demar needs to go. If we can get a good package for him, then I'm not against anything, but I certainly don't feel that trading Demar is a priority.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
          I don't know why Demar needs to go. If we can get a good package for him, then I'm not against anything, but I certainly don't feel that trading Demar is a priority.
          Agreed, DD is not in the need to go camp. He is in the need to shop to gauge value camp though, but the trigger shouldn't be itchy. Lowry likely needs to go. Casey needs to go.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Trading away a losing culture and known ties to discontent and a little gang of we are more important that the rest of the team and coaching staff matter not

Comment

Can see a lot of guys wanting to trade Lowry.. feels strange to be on the other side of an RR argument for once. Don't like his age.. but I also hate how GV plays. You're not going to get a PG in a Lowry trade.. and the Raptors don't have many other assets to get one.

And if Lowry didn't like what Casey had to say.. well neither did I as a fan. Casey looked like an incompetent coach. And if someone if Lowry didn't like him for whatever reason then why would I side with the guy that I thought was incompetent?

As for Lowry in the playoffs.. yeah he shit the bed.. but so did the entire team. On the other hand.. Lowry wasn't at 100% and logged way too many minutes during the year. The coaching staff should have forced him to sit. It's the same coaching staff that's continuing to wreck Amir's ankles though - so no surprise.

Lowry is the reason why the Raptors started so well and had a good season last year. Unless the goal is to tank but then everyone minus JV, Bruno, Bebe and TR should be traded.. including DD. And the return should be draft picks or more prospects. But that's not a direction I see Masai taking.

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                I liked the all-around game DeMar showed near the end of the season (that disappeared during the playoffs). If the team can get him to play that way again I wouldn't mind keeping him around. That said, I wouldn't keep him around with the idea that he can be "the guy" for the team.
                Move him, value is high..so capitalize.

Why keep a guy around, in hipes of adding to him and making him tou 3rd banana.

Find a third banana when you have the first 2.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Can see a lot of guys wanting to trade Lowry.. feels strange to be on the other side of an RR argument for once. Don't like his age.. but I also hate how GV plays. You're not going to get a PG in a Lowry trade.. and the Raptors don't have many other assets to get one.

And if Lowry didn't like what Casey had to say.. well neither did I as a fan. Casey looked like an incompetent coach. And if someone if Lowry didn't like him for whatever reason then why would I side with the guy that I thought was incompetent?
                  I would probably align with this line of thinking more, if it wasn't for Lowry's well documented history of clashing with coaches.

And depending on where the truth falls on any Lowry vs Casey fight for control, Lowry's image of how the game should be played seemed to be a lot of quick treys and ignoring JV.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

As for Lowry in the playoffs.. yeah he shit the bed.. but so did the entire team. On the other hand.. Lowry wasn't at 100% and logged way too many minutes during the year. The coaching staff should have forced him to sit. It's the same coaching staff that's continuing to wreck Amir's ankles though - so no surprise.

Lowry is the reason why the Raptors started so well and had a good season last year. Unless the goal is to tank but then everyone minus JV, Bruno, Bebe and TR should be traded.. including DD. And the return should be draft picks or more prospects. But that's not a direction I see Masai taking.
                    Yeah I don't like swinging from "blame everything on Casey" to "blame everything on Lowry." Are DD, Lou, and GV gonna blame Lowry's selfishness for all their rushed and contested ISO jumpers? Is Casey gonna blame Lowry for allowing all four guards to shoot like that all year long and responding to any questions with "those are shots we usually make"?

Lowry finished the year playing like crap, is probably butting heads with Casey, may not have matured as much as he was just happy to have "his team" and a green light, but... The whole thing is everybody's fault. Each one of DD, KL, LW, and GV were more than happy to jack shots like that all year long in spite of any comments they may have made about anything, and Casey was more than happy to let them keep doing it.

Also, the biggest problem was still the defense...
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      And 2 got swept
                      What about northwest? Only one team made it to the playoffs. And they only won a single playoff game.

Sent from my Samsung S6 using Tapatalk

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                        Because we've never actually done a proper rebuild for almost a decade. BC was always short sighted moves trying to sneak into the playoffs and only tanked midway through the season. Even Masai hasn't done yet.
                        There's no such thing as a "proper rebuild."

And who's even left on this team longterm besides amir and DD??

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          There's no such thing as a "proper rebuild."

And who's even left on this team longterm besides amir and DD??

How's that S6? Gotta replace my S3 soon
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                            I would probably align with this line of thinking more, if it wasn't for Lowry's well documented history of clashing with coaches.

And depending on where the truth falls on any Lowry vs Casey fight for control, Lowry's image of how the game should be played seemed to be a lot of quick treys and ignoring JV.
                            Not sure if his selfish play was because of him or because of Casey.. I just know that when he took the keys to the team, they had the best season ever and last year the team was pretty fun to watch.

Him clashing with Casey in my opinion is worth it.. Casey is terrible.

Either way the last person I want running this team is GV.. and he's their defacto #1 PG if Lowry is traded. Ugh.

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                              He averaged 20 5 and 5 in playoffs. How is that not an all around game?
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Not sure if his selfish play was because of him or because of Casey.. I just know that when he took the keys to the team, they had the best season ever and last year the team was pretty fun to watch.

Him clashing with Casey in my opinion is worth it.. Casey is terrible.

Either way the last person I want running this team is GV.. and he's their defacto #1 PG if Lowry is traded. Ugh.
                                Have faith in the return of NANDO DE COLO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X