Do Fans Want the Playoffs ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Fans Want the Playoffs ?

It's been 2 years since the Raps were in a position to be in the playoffs and today they have a chance to have basically a two game lead on the bulls because of the tie breaker. Im just wondering how many people in here are actually cheering for the Bulls to win because they want a possible 12-15th pick on this year's draft ?

It's really a joke that so many think that this pick is going to actually do something other than contribute very little for the next couple of years because as we all know it takes time to develop players, sure we could draft the next RJ or Al Jefferson at that position in the draft but could also draft the next Robert Swift or even worse the next Sean May.

People want this pick because it's a rebuild year, but there's so many scenerios to be played out before the Raps can actually re build this team. The Bosh situation whether it will be to trade him or re sign him, but most likely a trade if he agrees to that. Also to properly re build they also have to trade Hedont, Bargs and Jose because whether people like it or not this team was built to win 30-40 games a year and you cant properly rebuild through the draft winning that many games. Plus with their huge contracts the Raps wont be able to re sign they're young players .BC has a huge task ahead of him if thats the route he takes.

Fans in here also want to forget this season because of Hedo, injuries and inconsitent play . But there is one way they can salvage this season and thats to make the playoffs, play hard and take it to the Cavs who are not the 98' bulls BTW which is what it seems sometimes with some of the comments i read in here if the Raps lose today at least they can say they tried hard and it was never meant to be but thing i will never do as a supporter is cheer for an opposing team when the Raps are in a playoof race. So with that being said Go Raps Go !!!
    Last edited by rdiaz101; Sun Apr 11, 2010, 02:41 PM.
    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

people whowant the pick means they don't want the team to be succesful a.s.a.p. and hold out some false hope of them being like okc or something in a few years which prolly won't hapen and casn never be guaranteed.

we coukld end up like the nets because rebuilding is a process and can be dangerous.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I am not sure it's about the pick. I think some people believe that missing the playoffs would shine a "glaring light" onto the "complete failure of this season" and force more serious changes upon the team in the off-season.

I wonder if making the playoffs is even relevant to the possibility of an off-season re haul. I think it is all about Bosh. If he resigns, we are probably looking at pretty much the same team next year. If he leaves, you have to think others changes would be coming, but it is going to be hard to deal the Three Amigos, unless one gets dumped into a Bosh S&T. I wonder what Bosh will think of that.

Either way it is probably best that the younger Raptors (and Raptor fans!) gain some playoff experience.

Comment

1. impress Bosh that the team and management want to win!
        2. Playoff Experience
        3. Money for Maple Leafs sport and entertainment
        4. the pick will be 12? so it might not be good. its all about luck and good scouting but in the past raptors history the picking is decent and most are horrible!

Comment

For me is a no-brainer, you can buy a pick, but you cannot
          buy playoff experience.

Comment

i think we lose our 2nd rounder this year correct (if we make playoffs)
            i think next year, without bosh, we wont be very good
            probably bottom 10 (bottom 5?)
            so we lose our 1st this year but next year we get our 1st and a pretty high second rounder
            if we miss this year we give up a second this year, and a second next year

Please correct me if im wrong

Comment

well they are down by 10 at half and at least Bargs and Hedo are playing well, but points in the paint are just killing them.
              @dn66 yeah thats what i was thinking.
              @INFO we lose our 1st round pick if the Raps make the playoffs and i believe its lottery protected until 2015.

Herm Edwards

Comment

we have no chance of winning against cleveland
                only upside would be we unload the draft pick 16
                not giving up a lottery pick to the heat

Comment

After this sorry of an excuse of a performance against Chicago, I have to say a big NO!!!! THEY DON'T DESERVE TO GET TO THE PLAYOFFS!!

Chicago clearly wants it more and they deserve it.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    After this sorry of an excuse of a performance against Chicago, I have to say a big NO!!!! THEY DON'T DESERVE TO GET TO THE PLAYOFFS!!

Chicago clearly wants it more and they deserve it.
                    Well Fans wanted it ! but i guess they didnt. Everything they did wrong this year showed up in this game, points in the paint, fast break points, help D, no sense of urgency and throw in getting killed at home in front of the Fans.

Herm Edwards

Comment

I just don't understand how getting blown out in four straight games and prolonging a miserable season with more misery is more beneficial than adding a quality young player on the cheap.

Play offs are supposed to be a reward for a hard fought season, this team deserves to be punished.

This fanbase needs something to be hopeful about over the summer and adding a young player will give fans something positive to talk about. For me its a complete no brainer.

Comment

Playoff experience is vital to teams who are going to be competeing for championships. Unless someone can convince me this team can compete for championships now or in the near future then I'll continue to take the view that missing the playoffs is the better long term and short term option for this ball club. They get a first rounder by missing the playoffs. That first rounder could be a top three pick but its likely the 12th pick in the draft. At 12 they can get a good young player. Guys like Josh Smith, Danny Granger and Al Jefferson were all had in recent years in the teens.

Comment

i don't care about this pick. reality is we will lose it some time. it seems like BC hasn't even thought about this upcoming draft, because it was assumed that the Raps would be in the playoffs.

I want Jack, more than anyone, to get his taste of the playoffs. He wants it so bad, I would like the Raps to give it to him.

Comment

verbatim wrote: View Post
                            i don't care about this pick. reality is we will lose it some time.
                            Yeah they will lose it sometime in the next five years. How is losing the pick now good for the team? Explain to me how four games of playoff experience for a group of guys who won't be together when this team is relevant again is more valuable to them over a chanceat a top 3 draft pick?

it seems like BC hasn't even thought about this upcoming draft, because it was assumed that the Raps would be in the playoffs..
                            Why does it seem that way? Has Colangelo said something that I missed? Did he say he told his scouts to take the winter off or something?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              i don't care about this pick. reality is we will lose it some time. it seems like BC hasn't even thought about this upcoming draft, because it was assumed that the Raps would be in the playoffs.
                              Why does it seem that way? Has Colangelo said something that I missed? Did he say he told his scouts to take the winter off or something?
                              Plus there's only what ... 70 days or so ... between the end of the regular season and the draft.

How could an NBA GM possibly prepare adequately for a draft in that amount of time?
                              nbaroundtable

Comment

Working...
                              X