Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #71 Raptors-esque at Wizards Saturday March 23rd 8:00pm on SN1

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Portland started 5 Rookies last night ... second time in 50 years that has ever happened.

    Comment


    • #32
      planetmars wrote: View Post

      No that triple double cost us Damian Lillard and the 6th pick (well tied with Sacramento). We tied the Warriors at 23 wins, and lost the coin flip which is why we ended up 8th and missed on Barnes. But if we lost that game, the Nets (who's pick went to the Blazers) would have ended up with 23 wins, and we would have had 22.. dropping us to 6th worse.
      And we desperately wanted Lillard too. Man did Ben Uzoh really screw us.

      Comment


      • #33
        planetmars wrote: View Post

        No that triple double cost us Damian Lillard and the 6th pick (well tied with Sacramento). We tied the Warriors at 23 wins, and lost the coin flip which is why we ended up 8th and missed on Barnes. But if we lost that game, the Nets (who's pick went to the Blazers) would have ended up with 23 wins, and we would have had 22.. dropping us to 6th worse.
        Back when people were complaining, they would have taken Barnes over Lillard. But you're right and also proved my point about remembering a seemingly useless win 11 years ago.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

        Comment


        • #34
          Primer wrote: View Post

          And we desperately wanted Lillard too. Man did Ben Uzoh really screw us.
          We traded for Kyle in July that summer (after that draft). If we ended up with Lillard then Bryan likely would not have traded for Kyle, and that could have meant no title. So I am actually okay with the way things ended up working out.

          But Bryan also really liked Barnes so he may have drafted him regardless.

          Comment


          • #35
            Been thinking - are we really tanking? Or is the current roster just really really bad? The most common use of tank is playing kids/scrubs over vets or sitting good players with ailments they would ordinarily play through. . The only available "vet" who didn't play last night was McDaniels and I think most would agree him playing would be more tank than him sitting. Every absence may well be legit, although I don't know about Quickley's personal issues.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

            Comment


            • #36
              Yeah the classic we are not tanking we are just bad
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

              Comment


              • #37
                3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                Been thinking - are we really tanking? Or is the current roster just really really bad? The most common use of tank is playing kids/scrubs over vets or sitting good players with ailments they would ordinarily play through. . The only available "vet" who didn't play last night was McDaniels and I think most would agree him playing would be more tank than him sitting. Every absence may well be legit, although I don't know about Quickley's personal issues.
                They are not tanking. I don't know why people keeps using that word. Poeltl and Scottie are legitimately injured. RJ is out because his brother passed away. IQ is out because his uncle passed away. Trent's been in and out of the lineup because of a lingering leg injury.

                These injuries though have EXPOSED the Raptors depth. They currently have three NBA players on this team - KO, Dick and Agbaji. That's why they keep losing all these games.
                Mamba Mentality

                Comment


                • #38
                  Yes Raptors kept their honor they are not tanking. Just losing a lot
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    The Great One wrote: View Post

                    They are not tanking. I don't know why people keeps using that word. Poeltl and Scottie are legitimately injured. RJ is out because his brother passed away. IQ is out because his uncle passed away. Trent's been in and out of the lineup because of a lingering leg injury.

                    These injuries though have EXPOSED the Raptors depth. They currently have three NBA players on this team - KO, Dick and Agbaji. That's why they keep losing all these games.
                    I mean when you're out on pretty much your entire starting lineup, you're gonna lose a lot of games yes.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Primer wrote: View Post

                      If we lose out we end up 6th. If we win 1 game we are tied for 7th. So 250 basketball would actually be bad. It sucks but it's the situation we're in.
                      Yah I get it.
                      It's just that this is just about the first time ever that I haven't really been looking forward to every game and don't care if I have to miss it.

                      Even our scrubs suck for scrubs....

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        The Great One wrote: View Post

                        They are not tanking. I don't know why people keeps using that word. Poeltl and Scottie are legitimately injured. RJ is out because his brother passed away. IQ is out because his uncle passed away. Trent's been in and out of the lineup because of a lingering leg injury.

                        These injuries though have EXPOSED the Raptors depth. They currently have three NBA players on this team - KO, Dick and Agbaji. That's why they keep losing all these games.
                        Exactly. Just laid out the same argument in the Draft thread

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Funny how the basketball gods work eh

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                            Funny how the basketball gods work eh
                            Punishing masai for messing up the Fred, OG, Pascal exits

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X