Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else feel a Lowry/Lawson swap coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Another thing people haven't mentioned, aren't we really rooting for both Denver and NYK to suck this year? That pick is extremely important. Masai trades them a better point guard, shakes up their roster, all of a sudden they could be .500 and we totally waste an opportunity at a top 5 pick in 2016.
    That's why the only way you trade with Denver is to get their right to swap, so that Toronto gets the best pick out of Den/NY/Tor insted of the second best pick.

But YES, any trade we can make or facilitate a poor record for Denver/NY is a big priority. The west is still a blood bath so I imagine Denver's in the lottery, hopefully the Knicks are in the bottom five again. A top 1 pick next year, in addition to our own should be pretty sweet.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
      It's really hard to pass the ball a lot to a guy who nearly spent 50% of each game sitting on the bench.

#JustSaying
      #PutMeInCoach

Hayes, JV, and PPat all on the bench. Casey probably put GV at PF.

#SmallBall
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Another thing people haven't mentioned, aren't we really rooting for both Denver and NYK to suck this year? That pick is extremely important. Masai trades them a better point guard, shakes up their roster, all of a sudden they could be .500 and we totally waste an opportunity at a top 5 pick in 2016.
        What about current Lowry is better than Lawson?

Comment

Bourgozie wrote: View Post
          What about current Lowry is better than Lawson?
          Are you serious? Even 2nd half lowry was as good as lawson. I suggest you guys go read william lous article on the main page.

The amount of vitriol on these forums is frankly alarming. This dude gives a huge crap about winning basketball games. He's a top 10 pg during an era that position is at its strongest. He's the biggest name to EVER sign as a ufa to the franchise. What do you really think we would ccomplish by deealling him for ty fucking lawson?there's a reason why we have a calm thoughtful and calculated guy running the team and not you, and thank god for that.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Don't see it coming or like it. Not a fan of Lawson's size or attitude (look at his crimal record).

Comment

BreakingBradStevens wrote: View Post
              Don't see it coming or like it. Not a fan of Lawson's size or attitude (look at his crimal record).
              What kind of record does he have?
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                What kind of record does he have?
                2 DUI's

Which is quite alarming that after the 1st DUI he got another
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Are you serious? Even 2nd half lowry was as good as lawson. I suggest you guys go read william lous article on the main page.

The amount of vitriol on these forums is frankly alarming. This dude gives a huge crap about winning basketball games. He's a top 10 pg during an era that position is at its strongest. He's the biggest name to EVER sign as a ufa to the franchise. What do you really think we would ccomplish by deealling him for ty fucking lawson?there's a reason why we have a calm thoughtful and calculated guy running the team and not you, and thank god for that.
                  2nd half Lowry was no where near 1st half Lowry. By you saying 2nd half Lowry was better than Lawson is just ridiculous.

I'll say it again. I'm a huge Lowry fan. I'm more than fine with him coming back but, if things are that bad with the coach(every things pointing to him being back) than you have to clear that up.

If comes down to Lowry being traded I just feel Ty Lawson would be a good get. If it came to that.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Doesn't Jonas have a DUI?
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Doesn't Jonas have a DUI?
                      Nope, charges were dropped.
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

2nd half Lowry was no where near 1st half Lowry. By you saying 2nd half Lowry was better than Lawson is just ridiculous.

Oh is it??

Kyle Lowry, BRUTAL second half: 15.6 points, six rebounds and 2.7 turnovers on 34.6 minutes per game in 2015. That included 37.6 percent shooting from the field and 32.6 percent from deep. Those would be career-lows across the board

Ty Lawson, ALL SEASON: 15.2 points, 3 rebounds and 2.5 turnovers on 35.5 minutes per game. That includes 43.6 percent shooting from the field and 34.1 percent from deep.

So there you have it, Kyle Lowry at his absolute worst is about equal regular Ty Lawson. Let's not pull up Kyle Lowrys ALL SEASON numbers, which should really be what matters anyway.

People that say we'd be "selling high" on Lowry...uhhh actually that's the definition of selling low, as the playoffs was his worst stretch of basketball in 2 years. There's zero point in making a lateral or less than lateral move on Lowry. He's being overused in our system, what he is, is a borderline all star, CLEAR CUT NUMBER ONE point guard, and a valuable asset. He's most definitely a second or third banana on a champion, but thats not his fault, and trading him doesn't bring us any closer to that title.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

IF lOWRY show up OUT of shape. The raps and MU are royally screwed, cause that would take off even more OF his current value, which is not much anyways.
                          If he comes back 15-20lbs lighter, then there is hope. He can play a great couple of months and then we can SELL HIGH on Klow.

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                          I'd like to give Lowry a chance to get fully healthy and in shape again before considering moving him. I like Lawson too, but Lowry shows more fire imo, and I would want a guy like that on my side any day of the week. If Lowry comes into next season out of shape and there are issues in the locker room with him then yeah you gotta move him and Lawson would be a pretty good return for him.
                          Last edited by distorsun; Thu May 7, 2015, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Good analysis + Lawson is not the type of guy I want around my locker room.
                            But how would you go about getting that 1st BANANA ?

Oh is it??

Kyle Lowry, BRUTAL second half: 15.6 points, six rebounds and 2.7 turnovers on 34.6 minutes per game in 2015. That included 37.6 percent shooting from the field and 32.6 percent from deep. Those would be career-lows across the board

Ty Lawson, ALL SEASON: 15.2 points, 3 rebounds and 2.5 turnovers on 35.5 minutes per game. That includes 43.6 percent shooting from the field and 34.1 percent from deep.

So there you have it, Kyle Lowry at his absolute worst is about equal regular Ty Lawson. Let's not pull up Kyle Lowrys ALL SEASON numbers, which should really be what matters anyway.

People that say we'd be "selling high" on Lowry...uhhh actually that's the definition of selling low, as the playoffs was his worst stretch of basketball in 2 years. There's zero point in making a lateral or less than lateral move on Lowry. He's being overused in our system, what he is, is a borderline all star, CLEAR CUT NUMBER ONE point guard, and a valuable asset. He's most definitely a second or third banana on a champion, but thats not his fault, and trading him doesn't bring us any closer to that title.

Comment

Oh is it??

Why leave out the assists per game? And none of those numbers are career lows for Lowry so he has been worse than this before lol. Anyways, a Lowry for Lawson would be one of the most pointless trades in NBA history; for both sides.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                                Why leave out the assists per game? And none of those numbers are career lows for Lowry so he has been worse than this before lol. Anyways, a Lowry for Lawson would be one of the most pointless trades in NBA history; for both sides.
                                Lowry - 9.4 assists/48 minutes, Lawson - 13.0 assists/48 minutes

The assists show the point of the trade would be what it does for the players around them. There is a pretty dramatic difference in play styles between Lowry and Lawson. Both of them are very good in their own way. It would feel very different having one or other other as your point guard and team mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X