Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else feel a Lowry/Lawson swap coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark
    replied
    I don't see how trading lowry is a necessity to getting val involved, he may be score first but his "chucking" doesn't compare to our backup point, starting 2, 6th man and starting 3. Jeff teague is score first through and through but horford and millsap are happy as clams. Share the ball, look for best avail. Anyone trying to pin this on klow can't see the forest through the trees.

Leave a comment:

• Mediumcore
    replied
    If you want to get Big Val more involved in the offence you need to trade more than just Lowry, since it would mean changing the focus of the offence.

Leave a comment:

• McRealistic
    replied
    I don't know how this trade will help either team to take the next step and is such a lateral move.

That being said if you want to get Big Val involved in the offence, you NEED to trade Lowry. It is that simple. No coach or no system will change his style of play at his age.

This is on MU to realize and get it done.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    That's why I said they both might need a change if this Casey/Lowry situation is actually serious.
    Lowry might be an asshole but he has never blown off professional responsibilities.

Lawson has more going on than just being an asshole. Plus he quit on his coach and team. I've never seen lowry quit. I've seen him go to extremes but not quit.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Neither Lowry or Lawson are getting their boyscout badges in character.
    That's why I said they both might need a change if this Casey/Lowry situation is actually serious.

Leave a comment:

• Just Is
    replied
    Would rather keep Lowry (still can't get over how quick people turned on the guy...feels like it happened overnight). No benefit in this trade, only downside.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    I can see Sacramento and Denver making a deal such that #6 goes to Denver, and Lawson goes to the Kings. Kings are a mess.. but they have Karl who'll want some sort of stability. Lawson was his PG in Denver.. makes a lot of sense to me.

Perhaps MU can get involved to make the deal work.. but I don't think Lawson's coming to Toronto.
    I have thrown this out before:

Sacramento: Lawson
    Denver: DeRozan, collison
    Toronto: chandler, #6

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    A little background on Chr1s1anL is that he is in the federal cabinet of the district of derozan and has an irrational dislike for our point guard...

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    I can see Sacramento and Denver making a deal such that #6 goes to Denver, and Lawson goes to the Kings. Kings are a mess.. but they have Karl who'll want some sort of stability. Lawson was his PG in Denver.. makes a lot of sense to me.

Perhaps MU can get involved to make the deal work.. but I don't think Lawson's coming to Toronto.

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Its not about talent level. Its more about fit and character. Its obvious Casey always wanted a pass first type PG. That's why he tried to make Lowry one but, that failed as we all know

Under Brian Shaw, there were the same problems there have always been with Lawson. He's not a leader. He's not a "this is a two-point game with two to go, I am bringing this game home" guy. He's a "I will do what is asked of me and try to play my best, make my money, and go home." He's laid back, passive, easy going, and a phenomenal basketball player... when engaged.*

No hero ball.
    Neither Lowry or Lawson are getting their boyscout badges in character.

The losing the past two seasons grated on Lawson. And that grating, combined with his disdain for Shaw, didn't cause Lawson to double down on his efforts on the court so much as it pushed him away. His time away from the court became more important to him.

And when that happened, so did these things:

• He missed a team breakfast meeting in the 2013-14 season and was held out of the starting lineup that night.

• He missed the first post-All-Star Game practice this year when he was unable to make it back from the longest break in NBA history because he was relaxing in Las Vegas.

• He was arrested on suspicion of DUI.

• He missed a shootaround late this season, which was dismissed at the time as an "illness."

• He played his part on a team that stopped playing hard for Shaw, leading to Shaw's firing, and then, months later, tried his best to twist the knife and embarrass Shaw by posting a video of the former Nuggets coach rapping a pregame speech.

Lawson did not feel the need to delete that.

These actions have not endeared himself to an organization that can now, more than ever, be persuaded to trade him if the right offer is made. His "I wish" Instagram put many Nuggets fans into the category of moving on from him as well. He has done all of this to himself.

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...be-nearing-end

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    like, he had a rough year but still averaged 15 and 9. not the greatest defender but really after watching lowry this season it's kind of a wash.
    Lowry is a better defender than Lawson. Our defence would be even worse next year. Unless MU feels he needs to move KL for reasons inside the locker room I don't see this transpiring.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Its not about talent level. Its more about fit and character. Its obvious Casey always wanted a pass first type PG. That's why he tried to make Lowry one but, that failed as we all know

Under Brian Shaw, there were the same problems there have always been with Lawson. He's not a leader. He's not a "this is a two-point game with two to go, I am bringing this game home" guy. He's a "I will do what is asked of me and try to play my best, make my money, and go home." He's laid back, passive, easy going, and a phenomenal basketball player... when engaged.*

No hero ball.
    Under Brian Shaw there was also the problem that he was trying to install the Triangle offence, which should probably be shevled and certainly not tried with low talent level guys like Denver has/had.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    I don't see a straight swap happening.

It is too lateral for both teams.

No hero ball.

Leave a comment:

• e_wheazhy_
    replied
    I actually like the trade, more passing, less clashing, waaaaay less YOLO threes and higher BBIQ (arguably). Moreover I feel Lowry's value is higher so at the very least we could trade them the right to get the higher of their/NY's pick

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    You spelled Bledsoe wrong.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X