Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else feel a Lowry/Lawson swap coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else feel a Lowry/Lawson swap coming?

Lawson thrived under George Karl. The two were both products of North Carolina University, and while Karl was constantly searching for the aggressive alpha dog that he had to believe was hidden somewhere beneath Lawson's cool exterior, the two won a metric ton of games together, including 57 in 2013. Then came Steph Curry's rise to Human Torch status, the Nuggets' disastrous first-round exit thanks to the Warriors' impossible shooting, the departure of Masai Ujiri and the firing of George Karl.*

Under Brian Shaw, there were the same problems there have always been with Lawson. He's not a leader. He's not a "this is a two-point game with two to go, I am bringing this game home" guy. He's a "I will do what is asked of me and try to play my best, make my money, and go home." He's laid back, passive, easy going, and a phenomenal basketball player... when engaged.*

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...or-the-nuggets

I don't think K Low's situation is as bad as Ty's but, seem like both these guys could use a change of scenario. What our your thoughts?

Before I make my case. I would like to say I am still a very big fan of Kyle Lowry. I hope that things between him and Casey can be fixed but, if it cant? You have to look at other options.

It would work perfectly contractually. Ty Lawson had his best year under Masai. Masai knows better anyone just how good he is. He is best judge of his character than any other GM.

Ty Lawson is more of a pass first point(averaged 9.6 assist) than Lowry but, is still a very good scorer. He also takes better care of his body. Only one year but is younger than Lowry. Also he reminds me of TJ Ford.
    Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue May 5, 2015, 10:41 PM.
    @Chr1st1anL

I don't feel it.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
      I don't feel it.
      umm..... yea me neither... oo wait...mmmmm yea no i dont feel it.

Comment

no

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
          I don't feel it.
          OG is our king

Comment

i don't think it's that crazy. if anything you'd be selling pretty high on lowry for lawson, so you could maybe snake a first rounder or something out of them. Lawson had a miserable year but he isn't that far off from being a pretty good PG.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

like, he had a rough year but still averaged 15 and 9. not the greatest defender but really after watching lowry this season it's kind of a wash.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

his 3 PT percentage has certainly dived since he came into the league though. pretty concerning.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Idk about you guys but for me personally, I'd trade Lowry for Lawson anyday
                  and I would trade Ross GV and JJ for Batum any day as well

Comment

I'd like to give Lowry a chance to get fully healthy and in shape again before considering moving him. I like Lawson too, but Lowry shows more fire imo, and I would want a guy like that on my side any day of the week. If Lowry comes into next season out of shape and there are issues in the locker room with him then yeah you gotta move him and Lawson would be a pretty good return for him.

Comment

I don't see a straight swap happening.

It is too lateral for both teams.

Comment

Sure I'd do it

ceez wrote: View Post
                        his 3 PT percentage has certainly dived since he came into the league though. pretty concerning.
                        Actually, last year Lawson's 3 PT average was pretty much the same as Lowry's.

Lowry is a better rebounder, Lawson passes a lot more (13 APG vs. 9 APG) with Calderon-esque A/TO ratios.

If you wanted to change the chemistry of the team, and get a lot more touches for the front court (free JV!) then this looks like a pretty smart move, which could help both sides, and is unlikely to hurt either one much.

Comment

You spelled Bledsoe wrong.

Comment

I actually like the trade, more passing, less clashing, waaaaay less YOLO threes and higher BBIQ (arguably). Moreover I feel Lowry's value is higher so at the very least we could trade them the right to get the higher of their/NY's pick
                            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              I don't see a straight swap happening.

It is too lateral for both teams.
                              Its not about talent level. Its more about fit and character. Its obvious Casey always wanted a pass first type PG. That's why he tried to make Lowry one but, that failed as we all know

Under Brian Shaw, there were the same problems there have always been with Lawson. He's not a leader. He's not a "this is a two-point game with two to go, I am bringing this game home" guy. He's a "I will do what is asked of me and try to play my best, make my money, and go home." He's laid back, passive, easy going, and a phenomenal basketball player... when engaged.*

No hero ball.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                              X