Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else feel a Lowry/Lawson swap coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You didn't answer my question ... What does lowry do better than Lawson?

Comment

Bourgozie wrote: View Post
      You didn't answer my question ... What does lowry do better than Lawson?
      takes charges every game, Gets to the line more, makes a higher percentage, leadership/tenacity/intensity/phsyicality, rebounds the ball much better, gets more steals..
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        takes charges every game, Gets to the line more, makes a higher percentage, leadership/tenacity/intensity/phsyicality, rebounds the ball much better, gets more steals..
        so plays basketball better?
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

He doesn't take charges every game, this isn't last season. Even if he did, his overall defense is horrible, so that literally means nothing.

He gets to the line more/shoots a higher percentage yes, however he also attempts more field goals than Lawson and shoots a lower fg %

He does rebound the ball better, i'll give you that.

But Lawson's strength in comparison to Lowry is his playmaking ability, especially in the pick & roll, and his overall higher IQ. You know, strengths that great point guards should possess.

As for points like "tenacity/intensity/phsyicality" ... Quite frankly that doesn't mean shit to me. Qualities like those don't add or subtract to how good a player is, atleast in my books

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            It would work perfectly contractually. Ty Lawson had his best year under Masai. Masai knows better anyone just how good he is. He is best judge of his character than any other GM.

Ty Lawson is more of a pass first point(averaged 9.6 assist) than Lowry but, is still a very good scorer. He also takes better care of his body. Only one year but is younger than Lowry. Also he reminds me of TJ Ford.
            Mr. Ujiri is a loyal fellow. I think this trade is a definite possibility, since he knows Lawson and what he can do. The signs that Coach Casey and Kyle Lowry were not always on the same page this last season are disturbing. One of the two may have to go, otherwise you (as a general manager) are inviting dissension, which can devastate a team.

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
              Mr. Ujiri is a loyal fellow. I think this trade is a definite possibility, since he knows Lawson and what he can do. The signs that Coach Casey and Kyle Lowry were not always on the same page this last season are disturbing. One of the two may have to go, otherwise you (as a general manager) are inviting dissension, which can devastate a team.
              eh, you know what devastates a team? having Dwane "The Rock (pounder)" Casey as the coach. I would hope Ujiri is smart enough to get rid of the real anchor on this team before making such a seemingly lateral move.

Comment

He doesn't take charges every game, this isn't last season. Even if he did, his overall defense is horrible, so that literally means nothing.

He gets to the line more/shoots a higher percentage yes, however he also attempts more field goals than Lawson and shoots a lower fg %

He does rebound the ball better, i'll give you that.

But Lawson's strength in comparison to Lowry is his playmaking ability, especially in the pick & roll, and his overall higher IQ. You know, strengths that great point guards should possess.

As for points like "tenacity/intensity/phsyicality" ... Quite frankly that doesn't mean shit to me. Qualities like those don't add or subtract to how good a player is, atleast in my books
                I knew without question you'd come back with leadership/intensity/physicality isn't shit, that's what the new age analytical kids like to spout. its not tangible, you can't put a number on it. Well, I watched larry bird. I watched prime michael jordan. I also watched vince carter, if you know what I mean. You tell me its not tangible, I tell you its a key ingredient to seperating "stars" from champions.

As far as assists per 36 minutes go, put ty lawson in dwane caseys system for 82 games. Enough said.

If you really think switching kyle lowry out for ty friggin lawson would benefit this team I suggest you truly look at human nature, and team dynamics. You bring in just as inconsistent a point guard if not more, who really can't shoot all that well and plays with no alpha dog intensity. This doesn't benefit us now or in the future.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I severely dislike the idea of lumping in all analytically oriented thinking individuals based on a few.

Very few analytics people I know would refute the existence of leadership/grit etc. But, like me, many insist that those things, those intangibles, only matter if they tangibly impact the game - and since we can measure tangible impacts, we can measure the things to some degree. Lowry's crazy good impact stats, even in this severe down year for him, suggest that his leadership/intangibles are as tangible and valuable as ever.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                    I severely dislike the idea of lumping in all analytically oriented thinking individuals based on a few.

Very few analytics people I know would refute the existence of leadership/grit etc. But, like me, many insist that those things, those intangibles, only matter if they tangibly impact the game - and since we can measure tangible impacts, we can measure the things to some degree. Lowry's crazy good impact stats, even in this severe down year for him, suggest that his leadership/intangibles are as tangible and valuable as ever.
                    Yup, it's ridiculous. There are more than enough analytical types who agree with intangibles making an impact.

Kyle Dubas, the Leafs co-GM, is an example of that. He's pro-analytics, but he's said in the past (can't find the link), but deems that intangibles can be found in the stats. His example I think was boardwork, as in the puck battles along the boards, and how grit might affect that.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      I can see Sacramento and Denver making a deal such that #6 goes to Denver, and Lawson goes to the Kings. Kings are a mess.. but they have Karl who'll want some sort of stability. Lawson was his PG in Denver.. makes a lot of sense to me.

Perhaps MU can get involved to make the deal work.. but I don't think Lawson's coming to Toronto.
                      Kings went with Collison....so I'm thinking they'll try to stay with him.

I wouldn't mind seeing Lawson and Lowry share PG duties. Let's say, Lawson/Gallinari for Vasquez/Lou...

Comment

In a league that is so highly skilled those three things are what separate players from the rest of the pack often times. There are a tonne of "skilled" players all over the world. I'm actually shocked that those three things don't mean shit, when they are often the first three qualities I look for when assessing players/dreaming up trades
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                          In a league that is so highly skilled those three things are what separate players from the rest of the pack often times. There are a tonne of "skilled" players all over the world. I'm actually shocked that those three things don't mean shit, when they are often the first three qualities I look for when assessing players/dreaming up trades
                          i think it means something when they're the same size as other players at their position, but when you're smaller you need to have those attributes just to keep your head above water

Comment

Working...
                          X