Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there ever been a more important off season in franchise history?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    I am sorry about smacking my dick around.

    I really don't like Fully. Stems from Fantasy Basketball and he knew exactly what he was doing as evident by his edited posts. As said in thread, this wasn't a difference of opinion. It was a guy putting words in my mouth who I don't like - and trust me, the feeling is mutual. You'll notice the exchange was very short on my part with quick attempt to keep the thread on track and clarification.


    Anyways, sorry for all offended.
    Not offended, just amused. I also enjoy people having forum "arch rivals". Mine is superjudge and formerly chico (RIP). I guess you could say I wouldn't make a good mod, lol.
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

    Comment


    • #47
      KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Not offended, just amused. I also enjoy people having forum "arch rivals". Mine is superjudge and formerly chico (RIP). I guess you could say I wouldn't make a good mod, lol.
      I dunno, between the #DickSmack and #AnimalCrackers I wasn't sure this was a nice place on the internet anymore...

      Comment


      • #48
        I don't know how some fans are such a simpletons. It makes me wonder how old they are or what kind of education they have.
        People talk about 2016 and think to build a championship team you can just wait, sit aside and in one summer revamp your roster.

        Wake up people !!! You need to have a team before you can get that super star in 2016. You need to have the right pieces in place, have the right culture and have a wining record before you can present your team to that super star.

        I barely agree with McHappy but he is 100% right about this summer. This summer is even more important than 2016 because without doing your work this summer, you will not get that star player in 2016.

        Almost every team in this league will have cap room in 2016. Big market teams like Lakers and Knicks will be in the pursue of those stars. Successful teams like GSW will have room to add that star.

        How in the world are you going to convince the super star to come to Toronto if you your team has been destroyed in the play offs , first round, 3 years in the ROW ???

        Wake up people, this is important summer and can define where this franchise is going for next 6-8 years.

        Comment


        • #49
          McRealistic wrote: View Post
          I don't know how some fans are such a simpletons. It makes me wonder how old they are or what kind of education they have.
          People talk about 2016 and think to build a championship team you can just wait, sit aside and in one summer revamp your roster.

          Wake up people !!! You need to have a team before you can get that super star in 2016. You need to have the right pieces in place, have the right culture and have a wining record before you can present your team to that super star.

          I barely agree with McHappy but he is 100% right about this summer. This summer is even more important than 2016 because without doing your work this summer, you will not get that star player in 2016.

          Almost every team in this league will have cap room in 2016. Big market teams like Lakers and Knicks will be in the pursue of those stars. Successful teams like GSW will have room to add that star.

          How in the world are you going to convince the super star to come to Toronto if you your team has been destroyed in the play offs , first round, 3 years in the ROW ???

          Wake up people, this is important summer and can define where this franchise is going for next 6-8 years.
          It's hard to be happy when you're so realistic
          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

          Comment


          • #50
            KeonClark wrote: View Post
            It's hard to be happy when you're so realistic
            Be Happy. MU has all the tools, all the picks and cap space and full support of the fans.

            This is his summer to screw up. This is it.

            Comment


            • #51
              KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Not offended, just amused. I also enjoy people having forum "arch rivals". Mine is superjudge and formerly chico (RIP). I guess you could say I wouldn't make a good mod, lol.
              Nobody liked Chico
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

              Comment


              • #52
                MACK11 wrote: View Post
                Nobody liked Chico
                He truly was the worst. Just angry and confrontational
                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                Comment


                • #53
                  mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  I am sorry about smacking my dick around.

                  I really don't like Fully. Stems from Fantasy Basketball and he knew exactly what he was doing as evident by his edited posts. As said in thread, this wasn't a difference of opinion. It was a guy putting words in my mouth who I don't like - and trust me, the feeling is mutual. You'll notice the exchange was very short on my part with quick attempt to keep the thread on track and clarification.


                  Anyways, sorry for all offended.
                  Yeah, problem is mcHappy, Fully's original response was both fair and reasonable for the topic question. Your reaction, not so much.

                  And is #dicksmack a real thing? Do people actually hashtag that?

                  Can't we just stick with #ProveEm as the be all end all hashtag for all occasions?
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                  If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Axel wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, problem is mcHappy, Fully's original response was both fair and reasonable for the topic question. Your reaction, not so much.

                    And is #dicksmack a real thing? Do people actually hashtag that?

                    Can't we just stick with #ProveEm as the be all end all hashtag for all occasions?
                    It is not fair or reasonable to put words in others mouth and make assumptions that are just incorrect.

                    But even with that, sadly, I'm not perfect and my disdain for Fully got the hashtag better of me.

                    There is a history there and unless mods were lying to me, which I highly doubt, he was talked to in the past, as I was, to basically frig off.

                    Luckily I don't foresee any issues moving forward.

                    #CarryOn

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Axel wrote: View Post
                      This thread got weird fast.

                      #HashTagsForAll
                      #octothorpe

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Fully wrote: View Post
                        The thread title seems a little over the top. Like some others have mentioned, every off season has a tendency of feeling like the most important one… especially when you're a team like the Raptors who have experienced so little tangible success.

                        And as desperately as we'd like something to break this summer, the team is still relatively young, has a clean cap for the most part, and an excess of draft picks… I have a hard time seeing how it's a make or break off season.
                        I disagree. The franchise is entering its 21st season. 20 years of futility and failure can not be understated. Even the T-Wolves who came into the league in 1987 had a run to the conference finals in the first 20 years.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          I actually believe this to be a make or break off season.

                          1.) We have close to 30 million in expiring contracts
                          2.) Kyle Lowry is very tradeable and on a reasonable deal
                          3.) We still hold the leverage as it pertains to DeMar ( we do not next year)
                          4.) Ross and JV are both assets still
                          5.) Even James Johnson is on a reasonable deal.
                          6.) We got picks, we got projects, and we are soon to have DLEAGUE team.

                          There are one thousand ways this off season can go and Masai seems like the guy you want to have all that flexibility
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            thead wrote: View Post
                            I actually believe this to be a make or break off season.

                            1.) We have close to 30 million in expiring contracts
                            2.) Kyle Lowry is very tradeable and on a reasonable deal
                            3.) We still hold the leverage as it pertains to DeMar ( we do not next year)
                            4.) Ross and JV are both assets still
                            5.) Even James Johnson is on a reasonable deal.
                            6.) We got picks, we got projects, and we are soon to have DLEAGUE team.

                            There are one thousand ways this off season can go and Masai seems like the guy you want to have all that flexibility
                            I agree.
                            Lets look back at previous season.
                            Raps take Atlanta to game 7 & loose. Portland loses in 1st round.
                            MU (or Drake) approaches LMA (this summer) with: As you can see, we are one piece away from being favorites in the east. YOU are that piece (or you can stay in Portland/west & be out in 1st round again). What team would give him better chance? Dallas? LA? NY? I don't think so.
                            However, with our disastrous showing in 4 game sweep -forget it. He would laugh if MU were to approach him.
                            Fast forward to next season. MU still has a chance to "fix" things & go for a better show in playoffs. Even if we fall short in next years playoffs, at least lets give Durants... a moment to consider it.
                            There are 2 most important aspect Durant & other elite FAs will look at: Max money (given -most teams would be willing) & a GOOD chance to compete. A great showing this upcoming season could go long ways in attracting elite talent.
                            We have a huge advantage in playing in the east. A bit of "tweaking" (IE maintain or almost maintain pace of first 30 games) we are back at home-court next year.
                            Enter your points 1-6 here & see why there is a lot of warranted optimism for upcoming season. Add to this fact that:
                            a-owners would be willing to spend;
                            b-large increase in salary cap next year (& thus no tax).
                            This could "set the stage" for summer of 2016.
                            I'd say future is bright. Let's see Masai earn his money.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Mapko wrote: View Post
                              This could "set the stage" for summer of 2016.
                              I'd say future is bright. Let's see Masai earn his money.
                              We aren't signing durant.

                              2016 is an illusion. Our way to success is to acquire youthful talent to put into a long-term viewpoint system that runs from development (D-league team, player development) to on-court product. This summer, we need to put the building blocks in place for that system: coaches, training staff, the like. As well, we need to sell high on anything that isn't in the 5-8 year plan, to acquire as much young talent as possible.

                              Sustainability is the name of the game for this team, because we won't lure the big names.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                KHD wrote: View Post
                                We aren't signing durant.

                                2016 is an illusion. Our way to success is to acquire youthful talent to put into a long-term viewpoint system that runs from development (D-league team, player development) to on-court product. This summer, we need to put the building blocks in place for that system: coaches, training staff, the like. As well, we need to sell high on anything that isn't in the 5-8 year plan, to acquire as much young talent as possible.

                                Sustainability is the name of the game for this team, because we won't lure the big names.
                                Not with the current core.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X