Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there ever been a more important off season in franchise history?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has there ever been a more important off season in franchise history?

Has there ever been a more important off season in franchise history?

Nah most important moments was keeping VC (not really off-season), McGrady and Bosh and we fucked up in those situations.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I'm excited to see what happens in the next few months.

In Masai I trust.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

It really began last off season & draft, got somewhat derailed this season and shall include this and next off-seasons.

These 3 seasons shall determine the course of the franchise....obscurity, treadmill existence or a very enjoyable basketball experience for us all the 5-10 yrs thereafter .

I am not greedy. I did not mention championship on purpose.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          Nah most important moments was keeping VC (not really off-season), McGrady and Bosh and we fucked up in those situations.
          VC and Bosh both re-signed though, which is often overlooked in the "everybody jumps ship asap because the team is in Canada" narrative. Both guys gave the team 6-7 seasons to build something and they couldn't do it. Both had more team success after they left. Not many players would give this franchise more than 7 seasons. The Raps' 20 year history is one of the worst in the NBA over this period.

I'd say now to summer 2016 is just as important as VC/Bosh. This team already had a better first round showing than Bosh ever did, and Vince only got further than this once. Potentially the next steps take this team past the second round for the first time ever (that was the hope before the season went to hell). Fingers crossed!
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I have a feeling next off season will be the most important until the next off season ...

Comment

I think this offseason will be a disappointed one. I don't see the Raptors adding a high prized impact free agent player/s in the summer time and I don't see a big trade to overhaul the roster. I fear the team will start slow enough for Masai to say "Fuck the Raptors!!" and Casey will be finally fired and then Masai will pounce on some struggling desperate teams with the trade of a package of either Lowry or DD or both for some young struggling talent and the Raptors might return to the lottery.

Wash rinse and repeat.

Comment

Most important in terms of finally doing things properly or risking alienating a big portion of the fan base?

Yessir

Comment

Two thoughts:

1) Every off-season seems important immediately before it happens.

2) I don't see this off season as being as significant as next off season. Ujiri has already started talking about how important 2016 is. Even if things don't happen this off season, Ujiri will say that nothing was available, while hinting that moves could be made in Dec/trade deadline. I think most fans will be willing to be strung along until off season 2016. The Masai era will be defined by 2016 off season.
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I'm preparing myself for a quiet off-season. Whenever we expect big changes, either during a summer, or trade deadline, nothing happens.

I'm preparing myself for nothing, so I'll be pleasantly surprised with something.

Comment

With all the usual suspects positioning themselves to make pitches to the big names that will be available in 2016, it might be a good idea to take advantage and see what second tier players might be available this off season. I hope MU is aggressive this summer.

Comment

I don't feel optimistic about this summer.. always thought the summer of 2016 is where Masai will make his mark.. and I still believe that. Some decisions have to be made since 6 of the players are free agents.. and there were a lot of flaws that showed up in the regular season/playoffs. But Masai has the ability to tread water for one more year and just move all his chips in for 2016 instead which is what I think will happen.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          Now with DD I fear the same....yes I know DD is no VC in his prime but he is a pretty good piece.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            I don't feel optimistic about this summer.. always thought the summer of 2016 is where Masai will make his mark.. and I still believe that. Some decisions have to be made since 6 of the players are free agents.. and there were a lot of flaws that showed up in the regular season/playoffs. But Masai has the ability to tread water for one more year and just move all his chips in for 2016 instead which is what I think will happen.
                            2016 so we have cap space but does that really mean much if we regress? It is highly unlikely that any big FA's come to us unless we are on the cusp of becoming contenders. That is why positioning ourselves is so important. We need to have a good season next year rather than tank if we expect to land anyone of significance.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              Most important in terms of finally doing things properly or risking alienating a big portion of the fan base?

Yessir
                              Are you listening Masai?

Comment

Working...
                              X