Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there ever been a more important off season in franchise history?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forsure. The most important off season is the one you're currently in, because the past is the past and we're still looking for our first ring.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

The thread title seems a little over the top. Like some others have mentioned, every off season has a tendency of feeling like the most important one… especially when you're a team like the Raptors who have experienced so little tangible success.

And as desperately as we'd like something to break this summer, the team is still relatively young, has a clean cap for the most part, and an excess of draft picks… I have a hard time seeing how it's a make or break off season.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
        2016 so we have cap space but does that really mean much if we regress? It is highly unlikely that any big FA's come to us unless we are on the cusp of becoming contenders. That is why positioning ourselves is so important. We need to have a good season next year rather than tank if we expect to land anyone of significance.
        Exactly. If we roll with the same coach and core we are going to end up in the same place.

Last summer was a luxury for Masai in that he could basically boring back the whole gang in the name of continuity. Doing that again is almost certain anathema to our long term prospects.

Comment

I think the real question is going to be do we go for Tobias Harris or Kris middleton

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
            The thread title seems a little over the top. Like some others have mentioned, every off season has a tendency of feeling like the most important one… especially when you're a team like the Raptors who have experienced so little tangible success.

And as desperately as we'd like something to break this summer, the team is still relatively young, has a clean cap for the most part, and an excess of draft picks… I have a hard time seeing how it's a make or break off season.
            Who said it was make or break?

Don't go shitting on attempt to start a discussion based on your interpretation of thoughts or intentions in starting this thread.

When has the team ever come off consecutive back to back near 50 win seasons with 2 recent allstars, a sixth man if the year, and as many free agents with as much cap space, draft picks, and unanswered questions on coaching or roster?

People are absolutely right every off season seems important but you'll have to jog my memory when there has been this many possibilities for the direction if the team to go. The raps have always had chance to be below average to horrible but they very rarely have opportunity to actually be good.

#DickSmack

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Don't go shitting on attempt to start a discussion based on your interpretation of thoughts or intentions in starting this thread.

When has the team ever come off consecutive back to back near 50 win seasons with 2 recent allstars, a sixth man if the year, and as many free agents with as much cap space, draft picks, and unanswered questions on coaching or roster?

People are absolutely right every off season seems important but you'll have to jog my memory when there has been this many possibilities for the direction if the team to go. The raps have always had chance to be below average to horrible but they very rarely have opportunity to actually be good.

#DickSmack
              I can remember my first beer.

But seriously… What am I shitting on? You asked the question, and I responded in what I thought was a respectful and reasonable way… I guess I'm missing something. Others have differing opinions, which I'm looking forward to hearing.

Comment

#DickSmack
                did this dude really just hash tag dick smack? Is this the normal thing to do on RR when someone has a different opinion then you?
                "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

Comment

buckets wrote: View Post
                  did this dude really just hash tag dick smack? Is this the normal thing to do on RR when someone has a different opinion then you?
                  Lol. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who WTF'd at hashtag dick smack.

Comment

buckets wrote: View Post
                    It isn't a difference of opinion.

I didn't state this was a make or break year..

I don't believe this to be a make or break year.

I believe it to be a very important year because there are so many directions the franchise can actually go in the short term.

Comment

It isn't a difference of opinion.

I didn't state this was a make or break year..

I don't believe this to be a make or break year.

I believe it to be a very important year because there are so many directions the franchise can actually go in the short term.
                      Okay then take out the make or break sentence and my point still remains the same? No, I don't think this is the most important off season in Raptors history. I still feel like I'm missing something with how upset you are.

#animalcrackers
                      Last edited by Fully; Thu May 7, 2015, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Josh Lewenberg: Masai is excited about the team's flexibility, affordable contracts & draft picks, says this is the first time they've had this many options Twitter @JLew1050

Toronto Raptors, Free Agency, Draft, Trade, Masai Ujiri
                        - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.hcDXuEMR.dpuf

Comment

That's exactly what I said. The cupboard is full of young, tradable assets and the team has many options this summer and moving forward. There are plenty of options this summer, next season, and the following years as well.

That doesn't equate the "most important offseason in the team's history" or some sort of metaphorical fork in the road like the original post suggests.

#chickennuggets

Comment

That's exactly what I said. The cupboard is full of young, tradable assets and the team has many options this summer and moving forward. There are plenty of options this summer, next season, and the following years as well.

That doesn't equate the "most important offseason in the team's history" or some sort of metaphorical fork in the road like the original post suggests.

#chickennuggets
                            Lol - you act like you have an original thought here.

You've stated your opinion that it isn't. Carry on.

Comment

Lol - you act like you have an original thought here.

You've stated your opinion that it isn't. Carry on.
                              So you agree with me or…

#puppychow

Comment

So you agree with me or…

#puppychow
                                Welcome to ignore #DickSmack

Comment

Working...
                                X