No announcement yet.

Top PGs of 2014-2015; BR rankings (lol)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top PGs of 2014-2015; BR rankings (lol)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...2014-15-season

What you guys think? 2 months of CP3 play and 4 months of Raymond Felton = #7?

I refuse to scroll through those BR slide show greatest lists of all time of the season of the month of the week articles. "1 of 36" are you kidding me? Let me gouge my eyes out just like I did when Uncle Ned made us sit through his family vacation photos slide show from Mount Rushmore.

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I'm too lazy to deslide this on my phone but somebody can use this tool and post the results for us:

http://deslide.clusterfake.net/

*Edit:
      http://deslide.clusterfake.net/?o=ht...2014-15-season

1 Curry
      2 Paul
      3 Westbrook
      4 Wall
      5 Lillard
      6 Irving
      7 Lowry
      8 Teague
      9 Conley
      10 Holiday

I don't have a problem with this except for Holiday, who has missed a ton of games over 2 seasons. If they're not really counting injuries then DRose shouldn't be behind MCW.

As for Lowry, it's hard to know how much was injuries and how much was shitty play. I definitely believe he's a top 10 point guard in the league. At his best he is fourth on this list imo.
      Last edited by Scraptor; Thu May 7, 2015, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
        I'm too lazy to deslide this on my phone but somebody can use this tool and post the results for us:

*Edit:

1 Curry
        2 Paul
        3 Westbrook
        4 Wall
        5 Lillard
        6 Irving
        7 Lowry
        8 Teague
        9 Conley
        10 Holiday

I don't have a problem with this except for Holiday, who has missed a ton of games over 2 seasons. If they're not really counting injuries then DRose shouldn't be behind MCW.

As for Lowry, it's hard to know how much was injuries and how much was shitty play. I definitely believe he's a top 10 point guard in the league. At his best he is fourth on this list imo.
        I forget how much talent is in the league at the PG position these days.

I agree with Lowry at 7, feels about right for a season of work. Could make an argument to bump him down to 9 pretty easily I think.

Comment

Bandit wrote: View Post
          I forget how much talent is in the league at the PG position these days.

I agree with Lowry at 7, feels about right for a season of work. Could make an argument to bump him down to 9 though
          I don't. I say Lowry is better than Irving..... Irving is vastly overrated....
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
            I agree wholeheartedly, and good-lowry was probably 4th on the list.

Lowry we had recently? Doesn't crack top ten. Have to balance those out

Comment

Bandit wrote: View Post
              I agree wholeheartedly, and good-lowry was probably 4th on the list.

Lowry we had recently? Doesn't crack top ten. Have to balance those out
              I think Lowry is at his best when he passes the ball.

I also don't hold Paul up as much as I used to. Lawson should be higher too, as should Conley. I'd place Irving at 10 myself at the highest.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

They've actually got Lowry, Irving and Lillard all tied at 84/100 points... I can't really disagree, but I think its more Kyles style of play that I've grown tired of .. Especially after watching John Wall rip us apart like a true PG.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                  They've actually got Lowry, Irving and Lillard all tied at 84/100 points... I can't really disagree, but I think its more Kyles style of play that I've grown tired of .. Especially after watching John Wall rip us apart like a true PG.
                  Lowry would be a much more effective player if he was a 6'6" SG
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

If I'm being honest, 4 to about 11, will vary at given point of the year. Holiday feels out of place and I am surprised at the lack of Dragic or Bledsoe at the 10 spot. Other than that, the list looks pretty good.

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    Lowry would be a much more effective player if he was a 6'6" SG
                    He'd be a beast at that size.

The reason I'm really high on Marcus Smart is he just reminds me of a bigger Lowry.
                    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

*Edit:

1 Curry
                      2 Paul
                      3 Westbrook
                      4 Wall
                      5 Lillard
                      6 Irving
                      7 Lowry
                      8 Teague
                      9 Conley
                      10 Holiday

What is this deslide website, that's awesome.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                        I used to think this, but Irving has made great strides. He's possibly the best ball handler in the league and perhaps the best guard at finishing around the rim. He's a miles better scorer than Lowry and about equal in terms of playmaking. He's still pretty young though.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                          I used to think this, but Irving has made great strides. He's possibly the best ball handler in the league and perhaps the best guard at finishing around the rim. He's a miles better scorer than Lowry and about equal in terms of playmaking. He's still pretty young though.
                          Good points about his offensive game, but it's his defense that I think gets overrated. He's not a shutdown PG by any means.
                          Axel wrote:
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          KeonClark wrote:

Comment

The funniest is the SG rankings from bleacher report. They don't even have DeMar ranked but Lou is lmao.
                            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                            Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                              The funniest is the SG rankings from bleacher report. They don't even have DeMar ranked but Lou is lmao.
                              Odds are they are treating DD as a SF then.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                              X