No announcement yet.

X Degrees of the Toronto Raptors - Next 2 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would re-sign Amir to a one-year deal, with the under-the-table agreement that shortly after signing, doctors would "discover" that he needs surgery and have to spend most of the year rehabbing from said surgery/injuries/etc. Get the injury exception for him, and keep him around to be the veteran voice in the locker room that every team needs. Then, when he comes back for playoffs, extend him.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      Zero chance you get two top 10 picks for Lowry. That's madness.
      I don't think you do either, but if both sac and den downgrade to our firsts this year and next while getting decent point guards I could see them being interested.

Comment

As it has ever been in the history of the NBA, your offensive centrepiece should be a SF or a SG (Harden, LBJ, Durant, etc) rather than a PG.

Frankly, with more teams shifting to a ball-movement philosophy, it is even more important not to have a ball dominant PG. Teague is actually a great example - that's a guy no one offers the max for, but he works great in that system, because he can move the ball, shoot the 3, and defend.
        Hence why I like Holiday.

Can penetrate and initiate the movement like Teague. His shooting is still a work in progress though

And is also a very good defender at the point

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
          Hence why I like Holiday.

Can penetrate and initiate the movement like Teague. His shooting is still a work in progress though

And is also a very good defender at the point
          He's also missed 48 and 43 games the past two years and is still getting surgeries to fix his leg.

Comment

Yeah, Holiday would be nice except for the injuries. Not worth it if he can't play, and every indication is that he won't ever stay on the court for a full season again.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Rookie scale deals are set through 2016. They will only change potentially in 2017 when the next CBA negotiation occurs.

I like Joseph because I'm a fan of a) pass first point guards and b) defence at the point of attack (Joseph is potentially a premiere guard defender). Oh and c) any player coming out of that San Antonio system. I'd rather pay big money to wing players and bigs and have a serviceable point guard. Most championship teams were not led by point guards. Tony Parker is great (although the Spurs are the exception to every rule, plus they have always been a three headed monster with Manu and Duncan as well), but look at the other recent champion PG's. Chalmers. A barely alive Jason Kidd. Derek Fisher. Rondo was a 4th wheel when Boston won their championship.
              Agreed. You would have to go way way back. The last elite pg who led his team to a championship was Isiah Thomas of the Bad Boy Pistons. Before him, Magic Johnson - but then again Magic was 6'9". After them you have John Paxon, BJ Armstrong, Sam Cassell/Kenny Smith, old Ron Harper, Avery Johnson, Ron Harper/Derek Fisher, Tony Parker, Chauncey Billups, Jason Williams/retiring Gary Payton, Rajon Rondo, old Jason Kidd, Mario Chalmers... Of all those, only TP and Chauncey stand out, but both players, as great as they were, weren't considered superstar/elite point guards.

Comment

Comment

Yeah, Holiday would be nice except for the injuries. Not worth it if he can't play, and every indication is that he won't ever stay on the court for a full season again.
                  Depends on whether or not you want him to be your PG of the future. If you are drafting Lucas you are more looking for a placeholder.

Aside: (I am crazy enough to give someone like Nando a starting job if we go full tank to see what he's got)

Comment

lets not forget to resign michael jordan in the next 2 years

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      Depends on whether or not you want him to be your PG of the future. If you are drafting Lucas you are more looking for a placeholder.

Aside: (I am crazy enough to give someone like Nando a starting job if we go full tank to see what he's got)
                      Even as a placeholder, if you are looking to win a few games short term it's hard to do when you don't have a PG for half the season.

And if we are tanking, starting Nando is not crazy at all.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Even as a placeholder, if you are looking to win a few games short term it's hard to do when you don't have a PG for half the season.

And if we are tanking, starting Nando is not crazy at all.
                        I like Nando. Hope he is back no matter what we are doing next year (role would obviously depend on what direction Masai leads us).
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                          I like Nando. Hope he is back no matter what we are doing next year (role would obviously depend on what direction Masai leads us).
                          I doubt he's back. His rights might be waived to maximize cap room.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Just get Hezonja, he could be a franchise player if he develops right. Throw Lowry/DeRozan/Ross or whoever else other than JV at teams to get that pick.

Comment

1. Send a offer sheet to Tristan Thompson.. Above market value if need be
                              2. Package Ross, pick, maybe something else to HOU for Trevor Ariza

Comment

RAPSZN wrote: View Post
                                1. Send a offer sheet to Tristan Thompson.. Above market value if need be
                                2. Package Ross, pick, maybe something else to HOU for Trevor Ariza
                                I never understood the love for Tristan Thompson. He's a glorified garbage man, in the mold of Reggie Evans.

Comment

Working...
                                X