X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus Jonas
    replied
    octothorp wrote: View Post
    4 years, 52M would be fair under the 2016-and-onward salary cap. Wouldn't shock me if guys like him are getting $14 or $15 million a year. Better question is whether he's a fit, skill-wise, for the Raptors.
    Again, I said anything equal or lower, Cleveland will match.

And 13M is the absolute most I'd pay for Thompson, even if he was a great fit

Leave a comment:

• octothorp
    replied
    Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    Thompson is a no.

He got offered a 4yr/52M deal with Cleveland and said no. So since he's an RFA, anything lower or equal and Cleveland will match, anything higher and he's definitely not worth it.

Pass.
    4 years, 52M would be fair under the 2016-and-onward salary cap. Wouldn't shock me if guys like him are getting $14 or $15 million a year. Better question is whether he's a fit, skill-wise, for the Raptors.

Leave a comment:

• Bonus Jonas
    replied
    Thompson is a no.

He got offered a 4yr/52M deal with Cleveland and said no. So since he's an RFA, anything lower or equal and Cleveland will match, anything higher and he's definitely not worth it.

Pass.

Leave a comment:

• McRealistic
    replied
    RAPSZN wrote: View Post
    1. Send a offer sheet to Tristan Thompson.. Above market value if need be
    2. Package Ross, pick, maybe something else to HOU for Trevor Ariza

And how would that make you a better team.

1) Glorified one dimensional garbage man getting over paid.
    2) Older wing player probably past his prime due to injuries and ...

how do thee 2 moves make u better Wash, Chi or Atlanta !!

Leave a comment:

• McRealistic
    replied
    I am looking at play offs and the way teams like Washington , Atlanta, Chi and CLE play in the east right now and we are SOOOO FAAARRR away from them. Our players are not as good and as talented, our system is not as good and we are just not as close as some people think.

Forget about West and teams like GSW, Clippers, Griz and ... We are the 2nd tire team in east and I have a bad feeling that unless things do not changes drastically, teams likes Bucks will get passed us as well.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I never understood the love for Tristan Thompson. He's a glorified garbage man, in the mold of Reggie Evans.

In all serious, good for his role but the price has to be right and I don't think it will be.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    RAPSZN wrote: View Post
    I never understood the love for Tristan Thompson. He's a glorified garbage man, in the mold of Reggie Evans.

Leave a comment:

• RAPSZN
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rustyy
    replied
    Just get Hezonja, he could be a franchise player if he develops right. Throw Lowry/DeRozan/Ross or whoever else other than JV at teams to get that pick.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    I like Nando. Hope he is back no matter what we are doing next year (role would obviously depend on what direction Masai leads us).
    I doubt he's back. His rights might be waived to maximize cap room.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Even as a placeholder, if you are looking to win a few games short term it's hard to do when you don't have a PG for half the season.

And if we are tanking, starting Nando is not crazy at all.
    I like Nando. Hope he is back no matter what we are doing next year (role would obviously depend on what direction Masai leads us).

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Depends on whether or not you want him to be your PG of the future. If you are drafting Lucas you are more looking for a placeholder.

Aside: (I am crazy enough to give someone like Nando a starting job if we go full tank to see what he's got)
    Even as a placeholder, if you are looking to win a few games short term it's hard to do when you don't have a PG for half the season.

And if we are tanking, starting Nando is not crazy at all.

Leave a comment:

• Niagara Raptor
    replied
    lets not forget to resign michael jordan in the next 2 years

Leave a comment:

• OldSkoolCool
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Yeah, Holiday would be nice except for the injuries. Not worth it if he can't play, and every indication is that he won't ever stay on the court for a full season again.
    Depends on whether or not you want him to be your PG of the future. If you are drafting Lucas you are more looking for a placeholder.

Aside: (I am crazy enough to give someone like Nando a starting job if we go full tank to see what he's got)

Leave a comment:

• GinobilisBaldSpot
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X