No announcement yet.

Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bobcats will probably match anything within reason because vonleh and biyombo should fit pretty well together in the future

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
      Tru but biyombo is a rfa. Itd have to be an overopay in order for the bobcats not to match.
      I have no clue what to expect from Charlotte's front office. I suppose they'll match any cheap offer. But what's an overpay? How high will they match? They still have two bigs in Vonleh and Zeller who need minutes, and Big Al in the starting spot. So Biyombo's a limited minute guy.

Comment

draps wrote: View Post
        Bobcats will probably match anything within reason because vonleh and biyombo should fit pretty well together in the future
        What if they decide to draft a C to replace Biyombo? What if they like a guy like Cauley-Stein? They could cheaply replace a backup C with someone who might have potential to become a starter, and also a great fit next to Vonleh, and probably with higher two-way potential.

Comment

i was the opposite of the person who started this thread and prayed that the raptors wouldnt draft him, at draft he was an athletic guy who didnt know how to play, people were hoping he was a natural like alot of africans who become too tall for soccer like Olajuwon but he is not him
          as a back up center at low cost i would consider it but for all he brings in rebounding etc he takes away in other ends
          i dont know honestly but what is the raptors hope with bebe and will biyombo be much of an upgrade upon that for whatever the investment is?

Comment

All this talk of re-treads and bench players is hurting my head. With this being year 3 of Masai's tenure, and if he's sticking with the same coach, it's time for some name players to start checking into town and not for 1 night visitor trips. If they sign a guy like Biyombo, it'll probably signify a full re-build, possibly to cater to Casey's needs as a coach. But at the same time, we know Casey doesn't like to play "inexperienced" players, so what would this guy even bring to the team? Well... maybe 4th Q mins to JV which could be a bonus. Basically, we already have Bebe as a project, so I don't see much of a need for for this player unless we are going full re-build... which I don't think is possible if Casey is staying.

I really hope Masai has a true plan in place and can execute better signings/trades than for guys like Bizmarkie or Special ED or some other scrubs names being bandied about.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
              All this talk of re-treads and bench players is hurting my head. With this being year 3 of Masai's tenure, and if he's sticking with the same coach, it's time for some name players to start checking into town and not for 1 night visitor trips. If they sign a guy like Biyombo, it'll probably signify a full re-build, possibly to cater to Casey's needs as a coach. But at the same time, we know Casey doesn't like to play "inexperienced" players, so what would this guy even bring to the team? Well... maybe 4th Q mins to JV which could be a bonus. Basically, we already have Bebe as a project, so I don't see much of a need for for this player unless we are going full re-build... which I don't think is possible if Casey is staying.

I really hope Masai has a true plan in place and can execute better signings/trades than for guys like Bizmarkie or Special ED or some other scrubs names being bandied about.
              So long as Casey has 2 PF's, I wouldn't hold my breath on that JV in the 4th idea. Hansbrough never played late in games either.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                So long as Casey has 2 PF's, I wouldn't hold my breath on that JV in the 4th idea. Hansbrough never played late in games either.
                Project Patterson and Amir/Ed Davis for the win?!?! Good lord, we need a major shake up.

Comment

Just a reminder everyone, this thread is brought to you by the poster who thought that Greg Stiemsma would take away JV minutes this year as a "defender and rebounder."

#ProveEm
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                    Just a reminder everyone, this thread is brought to you by the poster who thought that Greg Stiemsma would take away JV's minutes this year as a "defender and rebounder."
                    I always thought it was plain weird that Stiemsma never got to play, ever, except when the game was already decided. I mean, even if he was only so-so in practice, some guys actually elevate their play in games, where there is something at stake. In any case, there is little point in bringing anyone to Toronto if the head coach will not let him see the floor. It's possible that Stiemsma was helping coach Lucas Nogueira, but I never read anything to that effect.

Comment

As long as we're on the subject of centres, I would like to see Chuck Hayes return to Toronto as a player-assistant coach, if such a thing were possible, or even just as an assistant coach. He will be 32 next month, not old for a centre, but you may as well give him a shot.

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
                        I always thought it was plain weird that Stiemsma never got to play, ever, except when the game was already decided. I mean, even if he was only so-so in practice, some guys actually elevate their play in games, where there is something at stake. In any case, there is little point in bringing anyone to Toronto if the head coach will not let him see the floor. It's possible that Stiemsma was helping coach Lucas Nogueira, but I never read anything to that effect.
                        I think the answer is quite simple. Stiemsma isn't that good of a player. Even when he was averaging 18 mpg with New Orleans, he still only managed a line of 2.9 PPG and 4.1 RPG.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post

You make a good point. I think Masai big plans our for the summer of 2016. I think Masai will address needs like he did last summer. Low risk high reward type player(Lou Will/JJ). When your needs are defence/rebounding I don't think it get any better than BB. Especially in the low risk high reward scenario.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I think the answer is quite simple. Stiemsma isn't that good of a player. Even when he was averaging 18 mpg with New Orleans, he still only managed a line of 2.9 PPG and 4.1 RPG.
                            No one's saying he's Bill Russell or anything, but I found it interesting that in three straight years, three different teams felt he was good enough to play significant minutes - to the tune of about 15 per game. And here, he got basically zilch, on a team without a true backup centre. Doesn't make much sense to me. But of course, I'm not employed by the NBA, so I should just keep it to myself.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Raptors didn't draft him, if he was trash they shouldn't have carried him all season.

Comment

Stiemsma, funnily enough, is basically Biyombo. He's a shot blocking big who puts up very good defensive impact numbers, and gets moderate minutes, and puts up such terrible offensive impact numbers that they complete negate his defensive impact and then some. Neither should be a solution to anything, except maybe if the question is who you want as a backup C if the rest of your bench is all offensive minded players.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X