Bismack Biyombo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
    Oh right, it's not his fault for anything. It's not his fault whenever he gets the rebound he brings the ball down and most of the time gets stripped instead of getting the rebound and ramming it back down.
    If you want to talk turnovers, JV ranks 46th in the league among centres in turnovers per 36, at 1.9. So he is actually rather average in that respect. But again, it's just one stat among many. DeMarcus Cousins is worst among centres by far, with 4.5 per 36 minutes. LeBron James is the worst forward in the league for turnovers, at 3.9 per 36. Biyombo and Thompson are both modestly better than Valanciunas, at 1.5 and 1.4 respectively. Patterson was 7th lowest among forwards, at 0.9--which is impressive considering how much he handles the ball--and Hansbrough second lowest, at 0.7, out of 83 players. Amir Johnson is right there with Valanciunas, at 2.0 turnovers per 36.

Comment

why would we need biyombo? we still dont know what we have in bebe

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
        Wouldn't really call Jordan or Allen one way players this season.

Even Thompson.

Jordan and Thompson are dangerous with putbacks, and there's always the lob factor with Jordan.

Allen has a career high in 3 point percentage this year...
        Tony Allen is a guard. Compared to other guards in the league he is terrible offensively.

You cant tell me that TT and Deandre Jordan are that much more skilled than BB.

https://youtu.be/j0yNGlU68U8
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Tony Allen is a guard. Compared to other guards in the league he is terrible offensively.

Allen isn't a scorer but he isn't terrible offensively. Biyombo is a turnover waiting to happen on even routine plays.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
            Allen isn't a scorer but he isn't terrible offensively. Biyombo is a turnover waiting to happen on even routine plays.
            Please read what Caccia just posted.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Please read what Caccia just posted.
              Biyo!no isn't used yet still turns the ball over. Allen is like Fields not scoring but at least doesn't try and keeps the ball moving.

http://upsidemotor.com/2014/08/05/ma...bo-experiment/

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                Biyo!no isn't used yet still turns the ball over. Allen is like Fields not scoring but at least doesn't try and keeps the ball moving.

http://upsidemotor.com/2014/08/05/ma...bo-experiment/
                What does he try? The only thing I see Biyombo "try" to do on offensive is dunk everything around the rim. Which would be very refreshing in our frontcourt.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Biyombo's fine as a backup big man. Can play a bit at both big spots, but limited value offensively...like very limited. Not an answer to start at PF though. And not worth more than a small contract.

Comment

What does he try? The only thing I see Biyombo "try" to do on offensive is dunk everything around the rim. Which would be very refreshing in our frontcourt.
                    He has trouble with that too. If he was a quarter of DeAndre Jordan or Chandler at just garbage points he would be good but he has just terrible hands and no feel for scoring. His rebounding doesn't help because he's a terrible passer. He might work under a brilliant defensive coach who can hide him on offense.

Defensive coaches can play offensive garbage just like offensive coaches can play defensive trash. Ellis and Dirk under Carlisle for example.

Comment

I don't what the problem is when you have a punch offensively skilled players around(2pat, JV, James Johnson)

His 22 his offensive is only going to get better. That's not why you get him. You get him to change the game on the defense side of the ball. How many more transition opportunity would the raptors get with him start the break with a block. How much more efficient is the offense going to be with having the ability to throw a lop anywhere around the rim and he'll go get it. That than draws the weak side defense in. Than leaving open three pointers.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

If we can add a good SF (Harris) then I wouldn't mind BB starting beside JV. If JV can turn the corner with his offence next season then we may have enough offence with Harris, DeMar, Lowry, and JV. Draft a PF and hope he develops to be our future PF.

Comment

I would be happy with him as the backup C.

If we do sign him, Bebe is trade bait.
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

They are though. I'm not gonna count any shot taken past 3 feet by any of these guys because that's a bad shot regardless.

MPG Comparison:
                            BB - 19.4
                            DJ - 34.4
                            TT - 26.8

Bismack shoots 65.7% from 0-3 feet
                            DeAndre shoots 73.9% from 0-3 feet
                            Thompson shoots 65.1% from 0-3 feet

73.7% of BB's 2.8 FGA's are from 0-3 feet
                            91.8% of DJ's 6.5 FGA's are from 0-3 feet
                            66.4% of TT's 6.0 FGA's are from 0-3 feet

BB makes 1.4 FG from 0-3 feet
                            DJ makes 4.4 FG from 0-3 feet
                            TT makes 2.6 FG from 0-3 feet

BB pulls down pretty much the same amount of offensive boards per minute as TT (0.1289 to 0.1231), less than DJ (0.1395) but takes way less FGA. This is because BB gets stripped of the ball way more often so the O-Reb goes to waste.

BB's Tov%: 16.5%
                            DJ's Tov%: 12.8%
                            TT's Tov%: 12.2%

If Bismack ever learns to hold onto the ball he'll be able to be as good as Thompson, but he'll never ever reach DJ level.

Comment

They are though. I'm not gonna count any shot taken past 3 feet by any of these guys because that's a bad shot regardless.

MPG Comparison:
                              BB - 19.4
                              DJ - 34.4
                              TT - 26.8

Bismack shoots 65.7% from 0-3 feet
                              DeAndre shoots 73.9% from 0-3 feet
                              Thompson shoots 65.1% from 0-3 feet

73.7% of BB's 2.8 FGA's are from 0-3 feet
                              91.8% of DJ's 6.5 FGA's are from 0-3 feet
                              66.4% of TT's 6.0 FGA's are from 0-3 feet

BB makes 1.4 FG from 0-3 feet
                              DJ makes 4.4 FG from 0-3 feet
                              TT makes 2.6 FG from 0-3 feet

BB pulls down pretty much the same amount of offensive boards per minute as TT (0.1289 to 0.1231), less than DJ (0.1395) but takes way less FGA. This is because BB gets stripped of the ball way more often so the O-Reb goes to waste.

BB's Tov%: 16.5%
                              DJ's Tov%: 12.8%
                              TT's Tov%: 12.2%

If Bismack ever learns to hold onto the ball he'll be able to be as good as Thompson, but he'll never ever reach DJ level.
                              Your proving my point. BB is on par with one of the best rebounders in the league. TT will never be a shot blocker like BB is. Also Deandre Jordan wasn't DJ when he was 22 as well. In 4 years from now and BB if playing 35+ mins a game. I wouldn't be surprised if his putting up DJ type numbers.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Wouldn't really call Jordan or Allen one way players this season.

Even Thompson.

Jordan and Thompson are dangerous with putbacks, and there's always the lob factor with Jordan.

Allen has a career high in 3 point percentage this year...
                                I'd be quite happy w TT

Comment

Working...
                                X