Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be the 5th starter next season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should be the 5th starter next season?

With this end of season getting kind of boring, I thought we could start to discuss about next season a little bit. Right now, it seems probable that Quickley, Barrett, Barnes and Poeltl will be part of the starting 5. The last spot seems to be up for grab. I was wondering who you guys would like to see starting next to those 4 players, and why? A guard or a forward? A young gun, or a vet? A current player, a new signature, a top draft pick or a guy we could trade for?
    Gary Trent
    9.09%
    Bruce Brown
    0%
    Gradey Dick
    54.55%
    Ochai Agbaji
    9.09%
    Kelly Olynyk
    0%
    Free agent signature
    9.09%
    Player acquired via trade
    9.09%
    Rookie
    0%
    Other
    9.09%

Too early
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Too early
      I agree that Early would fit nicely next to Quickley

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        Too early
        It's the dog days despite being still in the regular season.

Comment

I went with Gradey. If we draft Rischer or Sarr then maybe a competition for the starting spot. If we sign a good free agent like Monk I'd start him. As it stands now, most likely scenario is no top 6 pick and no good free agent signing, which in that case Gradey needs to start.

Comment

I went with trade. I still think they do Jak a service and try to move him sooner than later. He deserves to be a part of a team that's playing for something more than development.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
              I went with trade. I still think they do Jak a service and try to move him sooner than later. He deserves to be a part of a team that's playing for something more than development.
              Interesting! Any ideas of which kind of trade you would like to see?

Comment

We're 2-22 without Jak. I think we need to keep him at all costs. Do you want us to suck even worse?

Comment

TomAmnot wrote: View Post

Interesting! Any ideas of which kind of trade you would like to see?
                  Tough to say as I haven't given it much more thought than Jak probably doesn't desire being here stuck on a young, developing team. Ultimately, sending Jak out means they would have to bring in another C.

Raps don't have a history of sending guys to bad situations, but just as an example say they traded him to Detroit for Wiseman and Ausar. A couple of young prospects that are still developing and can start.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

We're 2-22 without Jak. I think we need to keep him at all costs. Do you want us to suck even worse?
                    Obviously we would need to replace Jak with another solid C. And obviously we were missing a whole lot more than Jak during those losses.

Comment

I think Gradey will start but I want a significant FA signing (never happen) and think Masai will try and pull off some sort of trade; all options are on the table depending on what happens particularly with Brown, GTJr etc.

IQ, Barrett, Barnes, Poeltl and Dick is not really awe inspiring but solid enough and rests of the fence of playoffs or not based on health, a bad place to be. The difference would be what kind of bench Masai/Webster can cobble together and again, Brown, Trent here or gone.
                      Last edited by G______Deane; Fri Apr 5, 2024, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Tough to say as I haven't given it much more thought than Jak probably doesn't desire being here stuck on a young, developing team.
                        Actually, I'm just not so sure we won't be in winning mode next season. Maybe I'm dreaming, but if they are able to build a solid team around Quickley, Barrett and Barnes, I don't see them being a losing team for much longer.

Comment

We should give Jalen McDaniels a shot.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            We should give Jalen McDaniels a shot.
                            A shot in the head?

Comment

Gary if he’s resigned but otherwise it’s Gradey time

Comment

Working...
                              X