Terrence Ross' rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    To be fair, he didn't actually use the words "fake fans", those are the words of the person you posted the thread on the main page. Sometimes.... actually a lot of times the things people on this forum post somehow become facts to everyone.
    He said "fans" (in quotation marks), which indirectly questions the fans. That implies fake fans, questionable fans, fair weather fans, bandwagon fans, etc.

Technically, you're right, Mediumcore. But Ross's message hasn't been misinterpreted.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      He said "fans" (in quotation marks), which indirectly questions the fans. That implies fake fans, questionable fans, fair weather fans, bandwagon fans, etc.

Technically, you're right, Mediumcore. But Ross's message hasn't been misinterpreted.
      Bingo. With all the spelling errors Ross made, he certainly made the effort to add quotes around fans.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
        You don't get paid millions to be only human though lol
        Yes you do. You get paid millions to be insanely good at basketball. A lot of people seem to forget that these guys are only physically different from you and I. Everybody is good at something, but if you're lucky enough in the genetics lottery to have that something be a major world sport, congrats, you're a millionaire.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

He could just have been referring to the idea that people are not acting very much like fans. My point is, a lot more is being read into the post than what he necessarily meant.

Comment

Or he was referencing the douche-bags who live on Twitter and Instagram just to troll people? Because they certainly are real.

I'm the last person that will defend TRoss at this point, but I don't think people should really make a big deal out of this.
            Last edited by Joey; Tue May 12, 2015, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
              Or he was referencing the douche-bags who live on Twitter and Instagram just to troll people? Because they certainly are real.
              And therein lies the problem with social media. People can be so heartless and callous with they can be completely anonymous. And then athletes think they represent the loyal fans all over canada and in the ACC. Honestly, a large percentage of people on this earth are just cowardly and heartless.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

If he's saying "fans" we should be saying "players" because any 5 of us could have got the same results out there

Comment

draps wrote: View Post
                  If he's saying "fans" we should be saying "players" because any 5 of us could have got the same results out there
                  Lol Joey already got the long two down pat.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                    Lol Joey already got the long two down pat.
                    I've got a pretty mean turn-around jumper as well. Just don't get mad at me if I bounce it off my leg ..

Comment

I've got a pretty mean turn-around jumper as well. Just don't get mad at me if I bounce it off my leg ..
                      These are moments I feel like pulling out the hug GIF. But this seems like a bad time.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Bro hugs are cool .. maybe TRoss just needs a bro hug?

Comment

Bro hugs are cool .. maybe TRoss just needs a bro hug?
                          No, he just needs to be our new 6th man.

I say a promotion-yet-demotion for Ross works best. Remember how well he played off the bench? Also, if Lou goes, he'll be playing at the 2 more often than not. Which is better for him and us as a team.

At least in my opinion it will be.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Terrance Ross is not cut out for the nba. He can't take any contact what's so ever and he's playing SF.

Do the right thing Masai.
                            ^This.

Let's keep this in perspective fellas, a 22 year old who clearly has just been rattled by getting beat.

Whether he's been notified of an incoming move (deal) or just clearly still upset, this shows a great deal of inexperience and immaturity.

The ceiling for this kids athletic ability is insanely high and some would say near infinite. And when drafted I immediately thought "future Toney Allen", but his rants on social media, his lackadaisical effort on the defensive end and his streaky 3 point shooting is only regressing his career, hopefully not to the d-league.

Seems to me that this kid is more concerned with the perks of that of an nba star, rather than being an nba star clearly showing his self esteem issues by the contents of his rant.

It's not that I have it in for him, he seems like a nice kid with a respectful attitude, but his play and nonchalant interviews make me wonder on how much effort really is there.

Clearly he needs the pressures of success (lol I know right) lifted off his shoulders and placed somewhere else, say in Philadelphia, Utah, or even Sacramento, where failure is accepted, not mediocrity.

Terrence Ross is still not NBA ready.

/* Just as an aside, may I remind you all that John Henson was taken 14th overall in the same draft.
                            */

Good luck Terrence, wherever you end up. I hope you grow to realize that a strong team is built around strong attitudes that don't accept losing or failure, and coalesce to support each other.

Your childish rant explaining that the fanbase was upset about not winning a championship clearly proves how clueless you really are as a player, (and from what it seems your trying to convey) and as a fan of your own team. In no case did any media or fan say " raptors can win a championship this year", and if you really believe that then sorry, but your an idiot.

Like everyone on here the expectations were simple, win a round. Clearly not simple enough.

Enjoy Portland, I hear it rains a lot there, not enough 3s though.

Comment

Having 'fans' is a blessing. I don't have fans. I don't collect praise for my performance other than in bed =D and at work $$.
                              This whole calling out 'fans' thing... Very unprofessional conduit.

Respect lost.

Comment

When I lived in Korea, we played ball 2-3 times a week after work. Developed a sweet post up fade (it was a fade cause I was consistently posting up taller players). Then I came home, all excited to show my friends; hadn't played in a while, consistently hit side of the backboard lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X