Backup point guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup point guard

Corey Joseph? I couldn't give you advanced stats or give you any breakdown, this is just a question. Comes from a good culture, hard working kid and solid all around skills. He's a RFA. Does Masai make an offer?

I think is a very distinct possibility. Masai made it clear how much he wanted a canadian player that was actually good and improved the team. IMO this would certainly improve the team.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Yes. Though we'll see about price, he's a guy I'd be happy trying as a long term starter if Lowry had to be moved, so he'd be a big upgrade at backup.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I think he would be awesome to bring back home. I would like him over GV and he has a ring ....and he is young and canadian. And he played well in Tony Parkers absence. If Parker retires I think he stays with the Spurs.

Comment

Definitely on board for Joseph.

Comment

sign me up, would love an all round point guard for backup instead of an oversized streaky guard, lord knows we have enough of those.

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
              I think he would be awesome to bring back home. I would like him over GV and he has a ring ....and he is young and canadian. And he played well in Tony Parkers absence. If Parker retires I think he stays with the Spurs.
              tony parker is 32 years old only.

Although, given his poor season/playoffs, one would think the Spurs would be pretty set on keeping Joseph. We'll likely have to overpay and I don't know how much we can afford to do that.

Comment

Although it is only a 14 game sample, his numbers as a starter were pretty good this year for the Spurs. He scored just over 13 ppg, showed nice rebounding from the pg position at 4.5 per game, his assists were low at 3.6 per, but San An is a team ball movement offense and does not rely on one guy to make it all happen. His turnovers were not high at 1.6, but the big thing was how well he shot the ball. 56.2 % overall, 44.4 from 3 (less than one attempt er game though), he also got to the line 2.6 time per game.

He has decent, but not great, size for an NBA PG. I think he would thrive with a regular role of 20-25 minutes per game off the bench. He also is still only 23 and has starter potential down the road. The Spurs have a tonne of guys they need to resign this offseason, Duncan, Ginobili, Green, Belinelli, add in Leonard, Baynes and Joseph wqho all are up on qualifying offers and they may not have what it takes to keep Joseph.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post

He has decent, but not great, size for an NBA PG. I think he would thrive with a regular role of 20-25 minutes per game off the bench. He also is still only 23 and has starter potential down the road. The Spurs have a tonne of guys they need to resign this offseason, Duncan, Ginobili, Green, Belinelli, add in Leonard, Baynes and Joseph wqho all are up on qualifying offers and they may not have what it takes to keep Joseph.
                  I have been intrigued by Danny Green, although offensive consistency is a bit of a question mark as is the fact that he's only ever done anything good while playing for SA.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                    I have been intrigued by Danny Green, although offensive consistency is a bit of a question mark as is the fact that he's only ever done anything good while playing for SA.
                    Is there a history of guys leaving San Antonio and their play dropping off dramatically? I thought that was only a Nash led Suns problem, and even that is overstated. Amare was awesome for the Knicks before they got Melo and Amare got hurt, also Marion was really good his first year in Miami, I think he just got old.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                      I think Green is in the perfect situation for him. I don't see him as a player that can go to any team and contribute, it needs to be the right system....and the Raptors are not a team where he would thrive.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I've liked Ramon Sessions for a while, as a back up pg. Does everything well and most importantly he doesn't play outside of his skill set.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                          Is there a history of guys leaving San Antonio and their play dropping off dramatically? I thought that was only a Nash led Suns problem, and even that is overstated. Amare was awesome for the Knicks before they got Melo and Amare got hurt, also Marion was really good his first year in Miami, I think he just got old.
                          George Hill left San Antonio and has had a nice career with Indiana, Gary Neal on the other hand has been on 3 teams in two yeas away from the Spurs and has never really found a consistent role.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                            George Hill left San Antonio and has had a nice career with Indiana, Gary Neal on the other hand has been on 3 teams in two yeas away from the Spurs and has never really found a consistent role.
                            Gary Neal played just as good on his next teams, the issue is he was never very good. Look at his stats with the Spurs and afterwards, basically exactly the same.

Comment

Kendall Marshall, an unrestricted free agent recovering from ACL surgery.

Comment

Working...
                              X