Backup point guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Okay guys relax. Gv isn't that bad. Yes his defence is putrid but he's a backup point guard for fucks sake. They all suck one way or another. At least gv is clutch af and probably the clutchest player on our roster.

The point guard position is probably our best and most deep position. Don't let one bad playoff run blind your vision.
    Disagree. Vasquez is the a complete minus cause of his defense. I wouldn't care if he played 14 minutes a night strictly relieving Lowry, but instead our dumbass coach likes to play him 25 minutes a night as basically our 6th man, taking heavy minutes at the 1 and 2. So basically I want him gone to save our dumbass coach from himself.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Disagree. Vasquez is the a complete minus cause of his defense. I wouldn't care if he played 14 minutes a night strictly relieving Lowry, but instead our dumbass coach likes to play him 25 minutes a night as basically our 6th man, taking heavy minutes at the 1 and 2. So basically I want him gone to save our dumbass coach from himself.
      Don't forget the Lowry, GV, Lou lineups where GV was playing SF. Our coach is a genius!

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
        Don't forget the Lowry, GV, Lou lineups where GV was playing SF. Our coach is a genius!
        And this was a line up trotted out when we were completely healthy, in fucking playoff games. All hail the returning coach Casey.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Again, don't let a bad playoff run cloud your judgement. He's been solid all year and last year. It's just his defence that has been utter shit. The two guard lineup was only used for a total of 650 mins. For contrast JJ and Patterson played 792 mins together. And JJ hardly played all year.

Gv is a good backup point. Probably one of the best in the league
          Last edited by yabadabayolo; Wed May 13, 2015, 03:39 PM.
          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Okay guys relax. Gv isn't that bad. Yes his defence is putrid but he's a backup point guard for fucks sake. They all suck one way or another. At least gv is clutch af and probably the clutchest player on our roster.

The point guard position is probably our best and most deep position. Don't let one bad playoff run blind your vision.
            His defense is a pretty serious weakness. It would be mitigated if you could play him with another guard who was very good defensively - it did partly look so bad on the Raps this year because they'd play three questionable perimeter defenders all at the same time.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Again, don't let a bad playoff run cloud your judgement. He's been solid all year and last year. It's just his defence that has been utter shit. The two guard lineup was only used for a total of 650 mins. For contrast JJ and Patterson played 792 mins together. And JJ hardly played all year.

Gv is a good backup point. Probably one of the best in the league
              According to 82games.com, Vasquez played 16% of all the available SG minutes, and 33% of all the available PG minutes. His production at SG was significantly worse both offensively and defensively. His offense vs defense was basically a wash at PG, and his defense was so bad at SG and offense was so bad at SG that he was a -5.2 in PER. Talk about being put in a position to not succeed.

If Casey had played him exclusively at PG, bumping his minutes % to 49%, then he would have been an average player at worst.

TL/DR Casey fucking sucks

Comment

According to 82games.com, Vasquez played 16% of all the available SG minutes, and 33% of all the available PG minutes. His production at SG was significantly worse both offensively and defensively. His offense vs defense was basically a wash at PG, and his defense was so bad at SG and offense was so bad at SG that he was a -5.2 in PER. Talk about being put in a position to not succeed.

If Casey had played him exclusively at PG, bumping his minutes % to 49%, then he would have been an average player at worst.

TL/DR Casey fucking sucks
                Yea 16% of total sg minutes isn't that much tbh. And from what I gathered is that he's a plus 2 at PG and a plus .7 at SG.

And it's kinda hard to play him 49% of total pg minutes because that would mean lowry gets the other 51%. By your logic, it seems you want lowry and Vasquez to play equal amount of minutes at the point position.

TL/DR your stats don't make much sense. He's a solid backup point and yes Casey does suck

Comment

Yea 16% of total sg minutes isn't that much tbh. And from what I gathered is that he's a plus 2 at PG and a plus .7 at SG.

And it's kinda hard to play him 49% of total pg minutes because that would mean lowry gets the other 51%. By your logic, it seems you want lowry and Vasquez to play equal amount of minutes at the point position.

TL/DR your stats don't make much sense. He's a solid backup point and yes Casey does suck
                  16% of ALL the SG minutes is a LOT for someone that should be playing ZERO minutes at SG. They don't need an even split, GV probably just needs less minutes, like 20 or so, exclusively at PG. I was also saying he's a solid backup PG, so your reading comprehension needs some work. The problem is he's a terrible SG, yet he got a third of his minutes at SG.

Also, my stats are straight from 82games. Not sure what site you're using, but I listed mine in my post.

Comment

16% of ALL the SG minutes is a LOT for someone that should be playing ZERO minutes at SG. They don't need an even split, GV probably just needs less minutes, like 20 or so, exclusively at PG. I was also saying he's a solid backup PG, so your reading comprehension needs some work. The problem is he's a terrible SG, yet he got a third of his minutes at SG.

Also, my stats are straight from 82games. Not sure what site you're using, but I listed mine in my post.
                    First of all your the one that orginallys aid 49% of gv's should be at the pg position. That implies lowry gets the other 51%. It's math buddy.

My stats are also from YOUR site. Read the site again.

At least we agree that he's a good backup pg.

Comment

16% is basically 8 minutes a night. 8 minutes is an eternity for a terrible defender at the 2 guard. Lowry 30 min a night, vasquez 18 min a night. Plus or minus 8 minutes each if one or the other is red hot that day. Problem solved. Fucking casey.

Comment

First of all your the one that orginallys aid 49% of gv's should be at the pg position. That implies lowry gets the other 51%. It's math buddy.

Yes, the team had a net rating of 0.7 with Vasquez at SG, but individually he was getting destroyed, as Primer pointed out.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Holy shit man, I didn't write those percentages in stone. I was just saying that if GV was played exclusively at PG, he would be better, and I moved his SG minutes to PG minutes for convenience sake.

If you want individual stats, you need to click on the player. Go to the stats by position, and you'll see how shitty he was at SG.

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
                            I dont understand why Raptor fans are so stuck on old raptor players who used to play for this team.
                            I know. Its mind boggling.

On that note, Patrick Beverley. Get rid of Grevis, somehow. Patrick Beverly is on his last year in Houston, while injured, making 915k/year.

He's due for a bump.

Dump Landry and Chuck and we should have room and some for him. Great addition to a defensive set and he'd be great behind Lowry (assuming he's back).

Comment

Jesus Christ . How did that line manage to get ANY STOPS ?
                              No wait, they didn't.

Comment

What do you think it would take to have San Antonio not match on Joseph? 5M-6M?

Comment

Working...
                                X