Backup point guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    What do you think it would take to have San Antonio not match on Joseph? 5M-6M?
    that's alot lol

i dont think we should go over 4.5
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
      that's alot lol

You're gonna have to overpay no matter what, he's an RFA

and setting the limit at 4.5 is way too low I feel

Comment

that's alot lol

EDIT: but then again he could be a pretty good starting PG for us in the next 3 years or so
        Abbas wrote:

Comment

You're gonna have to overpay no matter what, he's an RFA

and setting the limit at 4.5 is way too low I feel
          Thats true but i think we should overpay either Khris Middleton or Tobias Harris before offering anyone else a contact.

we need a starting PF and SF before a backup PG so i feel that sign or trade for a SF and PF then offer whats left to Joseph
          Abbas wrote:

Comment

Thats true but i think we should overpay either Khris Middleton or Tobias Harris before offering anyone else a contact.

we need a starting PF and SF before a backup PG so i feel that sign or trade for a SF and PF then offer whats left to Joseph
            there is nothing left if you offer them an offer that their teams won't match
            there's also no amir, lou, hans, chuck, steamer or landry (last 4 don't really matter)

By getting one of harris or middleton you're relying on trades to round out your roster and not many people on our roster have trade value other than Lowry, DD, JV and PPat

Comment

I think Middleton should be the top priority. If you sense MIL will match, then Harris doesn't interest me for the max.

I think it takes more than 5M for Joseph. I'd go up to 7 or 8 per for 4 years. That leaves about 10M to offer another free agent. If Milwaukee is open to a SnT for Middleton, you give him the max while sending them Lowry (PG is one place they could use an upgrade and a vet leader). That eats up about 4 more million. The final 6 million could be used in another lopsided trade, say DeMar and Vasquez to DEN for Faried and Gallo and their 1st 2016. They free up loads of 2016 cap room and get Bird Rights to an all-star. Probably reaching with that one. But some sort of DD for overpaid but good young PF (maybe a SnT for Tristan Thompson? Not the best option).
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Wouldn't do Lowry for Middleton unless all the locker room issues were confirmed his fault

Comment

there is nothing left if you offer them an offer that their teams won't match
                  there's also no amir, lou, hans, chuck, steamer or landry (last 4 don't really matter)

By getting one of harris or middleton you're relying on trades to round out your roster and not many people on our roster have trade value other than Lowry, DD, JV and PPat
                  We might just have to focus on fixing only one of either SF or PF this offseason, and fix the other one next offseason when the cap jumps. We're a bit hand tied because players will want contracts reflecting next off seasons cap, not this off seasons cap.

So give one max or near max deal to a SF or PF of our choosing, and next offseason we'll have the cap room to add another $16Mish guy at the other position.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                    We might just have to focus on fixing only one of either SF or PF this offseason, and fix the other one next offseason when the cap jumps. We're a bit hand tied because players will want contracts reflecting next off seasons cap, not this off seasons cap.

So give one max or near max deal to a SF or PF of our choosing, and next offseason we'll have the cap room to add another $16Mish guy at the other position.
                    I'm gonna assume it would be the SF position filled this summer since there aren't many PF's.

That leaves you with PPat and some min contracts at PF

Comment

I don't think GV is that bad if we maximized his skill set. Let him operate the pnr and don't play him at SG. He's an expiring contract so if he's shit you might be able to flip him at the trade deadline and get either another back up or some asset for him.

When your starting lineup is so fcked, spending 6million or more on Joseph before you fix the starting lineup is ridiculous
                      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                      Because its 2015

Comment

Brink back Roko Ukić!

Don't they need a starting 3? Bring back Linas Kleiza!

But seriously, I wouldn't mind seeing Joseph in Toronto. I imagine the Spurs will be making big moves this offseason. So if they've all got their money and attention caught up with Kawhi and Gasol/LA I think if MU makes a play at him at the right time he can be stolen away at a fair price. Just please don't overpay because he's a citizen. (though I trust MU to not do that)

Hard to say who they pursue and for how much yet. Even if it's a high pick hopefully they can find someone to contribute a little at SF/PF next season in the draft.
                        Last edited by Mess; Sun May 17, 2015, 10:32 PM.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                        X