X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Oh I was just being glib. It was either joke about being swept or upgrading to the 22nd best defense.

Williams has definitely been on the chopping block for a while. I actually have read a couple really positive stories about Williams as a person and as a teacher, but I don't know if this change would be anything more than cosmetic.
    Fair enough.

I wonder why Williams would even be interested. Surely he'll get a crack at another head coaching job at some point and he's still under contract so NOLA has to pay him. Why not just take a vacation for a year?

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    There's a lot more to the Williams/NOLA situation, though. Williams and Demps have had a rocky relationship and there are rumors that Mickey Loomis is the one actually calling the shots down there now. Not to mention that Dumars has apparently had his hand in some things. Williams being fired may have had more to do with office politics and power struggles than actual basketball-related reasons.

Context and circumstances matter.
    Oh I was just being glib. It was either joke about being swept or upgrading to the 22nd best defense.

Williams has definitely been on the chopping block for a while. I actually have read a couple really positive stories about Williams as a person and as a teacher, but I don't know if this change would be anything more than cosmetic.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Pelicans get swept by higher seed: fire coach, target Tom Thibodeau
    Raptors get swept by lower seed: keep coach, target fired Pelicans coach
    There's a lot more to the Williams/NOLA situation, though. Williams and Demps have had a rocky relationship and there are rumors that Mickey Loomis is the one actually calling the shots down there now. Not to mention that Dumars has apparently had his hand in some things. Williams being fired may have had more to do with office politics and power struggles than actual basketball-related reasons.

Context and circumstances matter.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    Pelicans get swept by higher seed: fire coach, target Tom Thibodeau
    Raptors get swept by lower seed: keep coach, target fired Pelicans coach

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    I've never really watched New Orleans so I have no idea if he's a good coach or not. He is the kind of big name assistant hire that could take over on an interim basis if we fire the shit out of Casey during next season, so that's the main plus. Casey would basically be back on the hot seat.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    tDotted wrote: View Post
    For those saying Monty is worse than Casey; something to consider:

In their series against the GSW (with Norris Cole getting significant minutes), the 67 win Warriors only won by a margin of victory of 8 points. The Raptors on the other hand lost by a margin of 14 to the 46 win Wizards.
    Anthony Davis >>>> Toronto Raptors

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    For those saying Monty is worse than Casey; something to consider:

In their series against the GSW (with Norris Cole getting significant minutes), the 67 win Warriors only won by a margin of victory of 8 points. The Raptors on the other hand lost by a margin of 14 to the 46 win Wizards.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    He might have bonded with Demar there.
    Nevermind Demar, he is reputedly very bonded with Davis

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post
    So, Monty Williams is a dregs coach as well as managed to get selected as an asst. coach for team USA @ 2014 World's. There must have been a mistake.
    He might have bonded with Demar there.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    So, Monty Williams is a dregs coach as well as managed to get selected as an asst. coach for team USA @ 2014 World's. There must have been a mistake.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    NOLA was ranked 22nd in defense and they had Anthony Davis on their roster.... why would Monty Williams make a good addition to our coaching staff again?
    Because he is not Dwayne Casey.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    NOLA was ranked 22nd in defense and they had Anthony Davis on their roster.... why would Monty Williams make a good addition to our coaching staff again?

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    iblastoff wrote: View Post
    remember when the pelicans without davis still beat the raptors? so embarrassing.
    No. What are you talking about? That didn't happen!!!!

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    iblastoff wrote: View Post
    remember when the pelicans without davis still beat the raptors? so embarrassing.
    Twice.

Leave a comment:

• iblastoff
    replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post
    But Anthony Davis thoo!

The only reason they made the playoffs is because OKC was hit with the injury bug.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X