No announcement yet.

Everything Playoffs 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That pick ended up being Koloko. I thought they would've drafted him with 20 anyway
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      That pick ended up being Koloko. I thought they would've drafted him with 20 anyway
      Nah. They might’ve reached for Nembhard, or still traded down to avoid the guaranteed 1st rounder salary.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Nah. They might’ve reached for Nembhard, or still traded down to avoid the guaranteed 1st rounder salary.
        My god man just stop it, we did not do anything to avoid guaranteed 1st rounder salary. The pick we traded starts at $2.9M and there is an opt out after year 2. Kolko started at $1.5M and had a fully guaranteed 3 years. So we ended up with more guaranteed years and money by trading down and saved a whopping $1.4M the first season of the deal.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

How does not trading for Thad equal tank? Trading for him made our pick worse we dropped to 2nd round. Not trading for him keeps it in the 1st round.

Okay so you wanted to stand pat then? You weren't hoping the team added anyone good at the deadline that year? I don't understand your take, when you also later on pointed out that Koloko was a fine pick anyway and we saved some guaranteed money on that deal by taking him in the 2nd round.

The Raptors needed to do much better than taking Thad. And they should have went into the tax to help the core that year. Or trade multiple firsts if they had to to help that team out.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Big time cherry picking there. Raps were always a fools gold core that was going to get exposed in the playoffs. We all knew it. We all said it. And it happened & worse. Nurse had to massively run guys into the ground to even squeeze out that one winning regular season.

Our cores were never “neck & neck” as far as being a playoff championship contender, and that’s what really matters. Like, not even close.
            How can you assume that having a pretty decent player like Porzingis not help that core out? You get a floor spacer that also protects the rim. OG and Scottie can go to the wings and someone like Scottie could come off the bench bolstering it more. Our perimeter defense would have help under the rim. We could funnel guys to Porzingis.

You only need 7-8 guys in the playoffs anyway. Look at the Knicks this year and what they did. They ultimately just ran out of bodies.

Comment

• If the Mavs win Game 5? then this series is going 7. Game 5 is a massive game for Boston.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Scott Foster "The Extender" putting in work

Comment

Scott Foster "The Extender" putting in work
                  Each finals game must be worth double-digit millions in revenue for the NBA, so you can’t blame them.

Comment

• Celtics time to be on the wrong side of history.

If Mavs win the next game somehow, things get real interesting.

Comment

• Damn

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Our era of NBA is really ending

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Okay so you wanted to stand pat then? You weren't hoping the team added anyone good at the deadline that year? I don't understand your take, when you also later on pointed out that Koloko was a fine pick anyway and we saved some guaranteed money on that deal by taking him in the 2nd round.

The Raptors needed to do much better than taking Thad. And they should have went into the tax to help the core that year. Or trade multiple firsts if they had to to help that team out.
                          Yeah stand pat was the right move. You don't go all in on a flawed team. If a great deal presented itself then fine but the Thad deal wasn't it so stand pat and don't make a trade for the sake of making a trade which is what we did.

Koloko was a fine pick but considering several good players went between our original pick and the one we got in the trade I think we would have been better off with the original pick.

The Raptors did not need to do more than Thad. They should have done nothing because the roster wasn't close enough.

So glad you're not in charge and we didn't waste multiple 1sts trying to bolster that mediocre roster. What a freaking disaster that would have been.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Yeah stand pat was the right move. You don't go all in on a flawed team. If a great deal presented itself then fine but the Thad deal wasn't it so stand pat and don't make a trade for the sake of making a trade which is what we did.

Koloko was a fine pick but considering several good players went between our original pick and the one we got in the trade I think we would have been better off with the original pick.

The Raptors did not need to do more than Thad. They should have done nothing because the roster wasn't close enough.

So glad you're not in charge and we didn't waste multiple 1sts trying to bolster that mediocre roster. What a freaking disaster that would have been.
                            I would have respected your post a hell of a lot more if you said I would have traded Fred, Pascal and/or OG.. but stand pat is your decision, and you repeated that in a second post. And you think I would be a terrible GM.

So we came off a Tampa tank year. Started the season with Pascal on the shelf because he had off season surgery and was rehabbing. And were playing without a home crowd while every other team in the NBA had one. We had the rookie of the year in a great draft class. We had an allstar PG. And we had a 30-23 record (6th in the East) at the deadline.

Yet we had holes on the roster. We did not really have a proper backup PG as Flynn wasn't great. We had no center other than Precious who wasn't that great and was pretty green at that time (well unfortunately for him is still that way). And we were 7 games above .500. We finished that year where Pascal got All-NBA as well.

We had a large expiring contract in Dragic who was not playing. And some teams were willing to take him (specifically Dallas). And you would just not do anything. Besides Porzingis wasn't traded for a pick. Washington got him for Dinwiddie and Bertrans.

And who was it that you loved so much in the draft? I hope you have receipts. Koloko was still a great choice, and we likely would have drafted him anyway. Did you know he was going to have blood clots a couple of years later when we drafted him too?

Yes I would have helped the core out. I think they deserved that one chance. We did it way too late. And if it costed us 2 first round picks, back in 2022 well that's what we lost anyway. We gave our 2024 pick for Jak and the 2022 pick ended going to Thad (sort of). But we would have had a core center for the second half of 2022 and the playoffs, and all of 2023. Maybe, just maybe that 2023 team looks like the 50 win pace team we had when Jak came in.. and maybe just maybe we actual end up in the playoffs instead of in the play-in.

But again if you said you wanted to tank I would have respected that. Like tear the core apart in 2022 and run with Flynn/Precious/Scottie, I would have been cool with that too as it would have been a real decision. But you told me you would not have done that either. And either way I don't really remember you pining to trade everyone back in 2022 or felt the core was super flawed. I remember it in 2023 when the team was pretty bad... but not in 2022. Unless you can find the receipts for that as well.

Comment

• Celtics just wanted to celebrate championship on their home court

Comment

Celtics just wanted to celebrate championship on their home court
                                Plus the millions in revenue

Comment

Working...
                                X