Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else is totally bummed by this offseason already?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm pretty irritated. kind of checked out of having any interest in raptors stuff since the news of Casey staying. Guy is a walking disaster as a coach and i have almost zero hope for any positive future as long as he's staying on. Only way I see myself actually tuning in much next season is if the roster gets blown up or majorly changed this summer, and even then, if iso jumpshits remain the norm I will go back to not watching.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
      i'm pretty irritated. kind of checked out of having any interest in raptors stuff since the news of Casey staying. Guy is a walking disaster as a coach and i have almost zero hope for any positive future as long as he's staying on. Only way I see myself actually tuning in much next season is if the roster gets blown up or majorly changed this summer, and even then, if iso jumpshits remain the norm I will go back to not watching.
      If that DLeague happens next year I will likely follow them more without significant roster changes

Comment

I think everyone should hold judgment on the new jerseys until we actually see them. All we have right now is an MS Paint quality mock-up from a guy with a logo website, who has released several quite different looking mock-ups prior to the latest ones. So I don't think it's really fair to judge them yet.

Bummed Casey is staying, but optimistic we can improve the team at SF and PF. Time for Masai to go to work.

Comment

"Who else is totally bummed by this offseason already?"

Not me. I'm lovin it.

C'mon, it's summer. You gotta enjoy the weather,. It's barbecue season. Beaches and sun. Doesn't get any better/.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

I equate such extreme emotional highs/lows with girls... and RR forum posters. The team wasnt that good to begin with this year. They were mediocre, with a crappy division, a bit of luck and a lot of heart. Leos interview (posted somewhere on here recently) painted a good picture about where we stand. And Masai has a lot of room to maneuver; I trust Masai.

Its cool though, those who are all for disbanding this team will be super ecstatic when the team cracks 50 wins and makes it past the first round (again with the extreme highs/lows), just like they were devastated when they didn't crack 50 and got swept in the first.

A retweeking of the team now that we can dump the salaries of landry (8.5M), hayes, (6M), CAMBY (4M) and the other free agents whom may go or stay allows for some signings now that we know where we stand and what we need. The all star game is in toronto next year, the fan base (minus some..) are hype about the raptors again, new training facility and potentially a d leauge team give me a TON of reasons to be excited looking forward (but not too excited ).

All in all, the world isnt over, casey isnt the worst and the raptors arent a write off. Lets support the team now like we did when they didnt stand a damn chance. We got a lot of positives here and some solid people in the organization,

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
              "Who else is totally bummed by this offseason already?"

Not me. I'm lovin it.

C'mon, it's summer. You gotta enjoy the weather,. It's barbecue season. Beaches and sun. Doesn't get any better/.
              Amen brotha
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Reboc wrote: View Post
                I equate such extreme emotional highs/lows with girls... and RR forum posters. The team wasnt that good to begin with this year. They were mediocre, with a crappy division, a bit of luck and a lot of heart. Leos interview (posted somewhere on here recently) painted a good picture about where we stand. And Masai has a lot of room to maneuver; I trust Masai.

Its cool though, those who are all for disbanding this team will be super ecstatic when the team cracks 50 wins and makes it past the first round (again with the extreme highs/lows), just like they were devastated when they didn't crack 50 and got swept in the first.

A retweeking of the team now that we can dump the salaries of landry (8.5M), hayes, (6M), CAMBY (4M) and the other free agents whom may go or stay allows for some signings now that we know where we stand and what we need. The all star game is in toronto next year, the fan base (minus some..) are hype about the raptors again, new training facility and potentially a d leauge team give me a TON of reasons to be excited looking forward (but not too excited ).

All in all, the world isnt over, casey isnt the worst and the raptors arent a write off. Lets support the team now like we did when they didnt stand a damn chance. We got a lot of positives here and some solid people in the organization,
                I heard this exact same thing last summer.

"The world isn't over, Casey isn't that bad, we took Brooklyn to 7 games, we won a franchise record 48 games, Masai's got a lot of room to maneuver...."

If we're going to make dumb ad hominems, then anyone who isn't emotional that we're bringing back our disaster of a coach probably isn't a real fan. If you've watched four years of Casey night in and night out, then you would understand, but if you're a casual fan you probably don't see any problems.

See? Easy and inflammatory.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

"The world isn't over, Casey isn't that bad, we took Brooklyn to 7 games, we won a franchise record 48 games, Masai's got a lot of room to maneuver...."

If we're going to make dumb ad hominems, then anyone who isn't emotional that we're bringing back our disaster of a coach probably isn't a real fan. If you've watched four years of Casey night in and night out, then you would understand, but if you're a casual fan you probably don't see any problems.

Masai had lots of room to maneuver last summer?.. news to me.

Comment

I guess I must be missing a tonne of back and forth, because this here, is one of the more disrespectful post i have read in a while. Who are we to tell to tell some guy on the internet who he is or isn't based upon what seems like a fairly stable and respectable post. What, he isn't a fan if he doesn't think like you do? Really??

Again, unless I'm missing something, you might think about apologizing. Fora couple reasons, not the least....because his post was pretty much bang on.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                      I guess I must be missing a tonne of back and forth, because this here, is one of the more disrespectful post i have read in a while. Who are we to tell to tell some guy on the internet who he is or isn't based upon what seems like a fairly stable and respectable post. What, he isn't a fan if he doesn't think like you do? Really??

Again, unless I'm missing something, you might think about apologizing. Fora couple reasons, not the least....because his post was pretty much bang on.
                      You did miss his point. Unfortunately forums like this favour CAPS LOCK over a smart post with a twist.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                      X