Clashing around the league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

caccia wrote: View Post
    Well sure, but no one believes that Chicago will let Butler get away. If anyone could do it, it would be Masai Ujiri, but it would take more than DeMar DeRozan.
    Of all the RFA names that get thrown around, Butler seems the least likely to move. Chicago would have to be pretty dumb to not match anything.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
      Of all the RFA names that get thrown around, Butler seems the least likely to move. Chicago would have to be pretty dumb to not match anything.
      I think Chicago already came out during the season and outright said they would pay him the max.

Only way to Butler is via trade and, given they've already stated they intent to max him, they probably don't want to trade the guy.

Axel wrote: View Post
      yes, acquiring #4 pick is absolutely better than hoping they (and Denver) fail next year too.
      This is also true but I'm pretty sure there's a very strong chance that both teams are going to be bad next season.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        i don't really know why Butler isn't talked about more as a target around here

dude is one of if not the best wing defender in the league, become a versatile scorer and is only 25. to me, he's well worth the max. i'm not sure how many years Thibodeau ball has taken off his nba life but he's as bonafide a star as there is and he's about to hit the open market. if the bulls know there isn't a great chance of bringing him back doesn't a s/t for DD make a ton of sense? at least they don't walk away with nothing.

i'm not a casey fan by any means but he's exactly the kind of player that would fit into his system.
        No one talks about Butler for the same reason we aren't talking about Kawhi Leonard, there is zero chance his team doesn't match. Might as well focus on the guys where there is a chance, albeit a small one.

Comment

What about Lowry & DeRozan for Rose & Snell or McDermitt type deal? Im all in for it lol

Comment

Working...
          X