Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything WNBA

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts



  • League has been around since 1997 and still hemmoraging money.

    Comment


    • Caitlin Clark just cooked Angel Reese and the Chicago Sky.
      Mamba Mentality

      Comment


      • The Great One wrote: View Post
        Caitlin Clark just cooked Angel Reese and the Chicago Sky.
        Angel clubs Clark across the head and gets called for a flagrant foul. After the games she complains that Clark gets a special whislte. Check out the contact.

        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

        Comment


        • WJF wrote: View Post

          Angel clubs Clark across the head and gets called for a flagrant foul. After the games she complains that Clark gets a special whislte. Check out the contact.

          Flagrant foul. Doesn't matter if it's the NBA or the WNBA. He hit her in the head.

          I'm not surprised that Reese is whining though. She's obviously jealous of the attention that Clark is getting. She made a name for herself trolling Clark during the National Championship game. And she's using Clark again to make a name for herself in the WNBA.
          Mamba Mentality

          Comment


          • This Bird/Magic narrative need to stop too. Bird and Magic became a rivalry because they're BOTH generational players. Reese isn't a generational talent. She's popular I give her that. But that's because of Caitlin Clark.
            Mamba Mentality

            Comment


            • Watched some of the Fever game last night. Clark is an excellent rookie, but a rookie nonetheless. One thing that stood out was her trying to thread passes into areas she shouldn't have. A few were stolen, a couple of others ended up in scrambles and jump balls, and her teammates managed to save a couple that were deflected away. So I looked up her stats this morning and it seems it's been an ongoing issue.

              The 3 players with the most assists also have the most turnovers. Thomas 113 AST/57 TO, Cloud 109 AST/55 TO, Caitlin 99 AST/88 TO.

              Her 88 TO's are 32 more than 2nd place Thomas.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

              Comment


              • Yeah, just like with the NBA, rookie learning curve is toughest because everyone is just bigger, longer, stronger and faster at this level. Gaps are smaller, error margins are none. The turnovers should come down as she gets reps at this game speed, but it could take some time.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                Comment


                • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  Watched some of the Fever game last night. Clark is an excellent rookie, but a rookie nonetheless. One thing that stood out was her trying to thread passes into areas she shouldn't have. A few were stolen, a couple of others ended up in scrambles and jump balls, and her teammates managed to save a couple that were deflected away. So I looked up her stats this morning and it seems it's been an ongoing issue.

                  The 3 players with the most assists also have the most turnovers. Thomas 113 AST/57 TO, Cloud 109 AST/55 TO, Caitlin 99 AST/88 TO.

                  Her 88 TO's are 32 more than 2nd place Thomas.
                  A good portion of her TOs are because her teammates suck and can't catch passes. I suspect she would be closer to 60 TOs if her teammates weren't garbage.

                  Comment


                  • I am slightly amazed that in like 3 pages of comments about the US Olympic team debate, the words 'Christian Laettner on '92 Dream Team' never came up.

                    But anyways, I like the WNBA. It's way better than NBA summer league and ideal fit into the TV season for me since I don't care about baseball. They had Ionescu shooting competition vs Steph last year, now they've added a ton of highly visible rookies like Cameron Brink, league expansion, the league is trending in the right direction. It will probably need NBA subsidies for another couple of years, but the outlook is good and the product will improve.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                    If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                    Comment


                    • Axel wrote: View Post
                      I am slightly amazed that in like 3 pages of comments about the US Olympic team debate, the words 'Christian Laettner on '92 Dream Team' never came up.

                      But anyways, I like the WNBA. It's way better than NBA summer league and ideal fit into the TV season for me since I don't care about baseball. They had Ionescu shooting competition vs Steph last year, now they've added a ton of highly visible rookies like Cameron Brink, league expansion, the league is trending in the right direction. It will probably need NBA subsidies for another couple of years, but the outlook is good and the product will improve.
                      The Laettner situation was unique because they reserved a spot for a college player and Laettner had stuck around and was an easy fit for them as opposed to Shaq. Yeah, in hindsight Shaq got snubbed but it's not even close to comparable. The comp would be the '92 team leaving Jordan off the team for Kevin McHale.

                      Comment


                      • slaw wrote: View Post

                        The Laettner situation was unique because they reserved a spot for a college player and Laettner had stuck around and was an easy fit for them as opposed to Shaq. Yeah, in hindsight Shaq got snubbed but it's not even close to comparable. The comp would be the '92 team leaving Jordan off the team for Kevin McHale.
                        how is that the comp? in 92 jordan was the undisputed best player in the world who had been in the league for 8 years and coming off back to back titles. i guess you're making a marketability comparison.

                        still think it's off, it would be more like this USAB men's team taking lebron over a young marketable (and currently overrated) star like ant edwards, were there only room for one of them

                        Comment


                        • chris wrote: View Post

                          how is that the comp? in 92 jordan was the undisputed best player in the world who had been in the league for 8 years and coming off back to back titles. i guess you're making a marketability comparison.

                          still think it's off, it would be more like this USAB men's team taking lebron over a young marketable (and currently overrated) star like ant edwards, were there only room for one of them
                          It's nothing like that at all.

                          Comment


                          • slaw wrote: View Post

                            It's nothing like that at all.
                            maybe not, but assuming you're talking about taurasi over clark then it's far closer than mchale over jordan, given the statures of all involved in their respective sports at the time

                            Comment


                            • No it would be like Scottie Pippen taking a spot in the 2004 Olympic team instead of Lebron James. Pippen was 39 that year and retired after that season.

                              The US went young'ish though that season and let Lebron play (along with guys like Wade, Melo, Okafor, Boozer and Stoudemire).

                              Comment


                              • planetmars wrote: View Post
                                No it would be like Scottie Pippen taking a spot in the 2004 Olympic team instead of Lebron James. Pippen was 39 that year and retired after that season.

                                The US went young'ish though that season and let Lebron play (along with guys like Wade, Melo, Okafor, Boozer and Stoudemire).
                                i don't ever recall pippen (or mchale) being in the GOAT conversation the way taurasi has been (whether one agrees with that or not)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X