Everything WNBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Great One wrote: View Post

But you follow NBA basketball right? when you're the 1st overall pick in the NBA, you know you're most likely going to a bad team. It's the same thing here.

Obviously there are some exceptions like Duncan/Spurs. But that was rare.
    The level of bad was something I wasn't ready for.

The Detroit Pistons are a billion times better than what I watched.

As are every other bad NBA team.

It was atrocious. Like JV high school level.
    ?????? Super basic basketball seemed beyond them. They should contract the WNBA to less teams not expand it. The talent clearly isn't there yet to field so many teams.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      It's official! Toronto is getting a new WNBA team (for 2026).

uno online

What's the new name?

Comment

I really have a problem with the way opposing players are treating Clark. They are cheap shotting her like crazy in pretty much every games.

These players the last several years keeps bitching and whining about their salary. How the 15th man in the NBA is making more money than WNBA stars blah blah blah. It's not hard to figure out why. They're not getting paid like NBA players because nobody watches their games. It's not rocket science.

But then this girl Caitlin Clark arrived, she's bringing eyes to your league and your treating her like this? also what's up with Angel Reese? she has to be the most insecure person in the world.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Flop
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Clark is coming in hailed as the face of the league. Perfectly fine with the existing members of the league having something to say about that.

And Clark TALKS. She initiates, she throws shots herself, and she flops. She's inviting a lot of this. And good for her! If she's the star everyone expects her to be, she'll win out in the end.

But the Pistons creating the Jordan rules wasn't some sort of disrespect - quite the opposite. The women are competitors - you wouldn't ask NBA players to lay out the red carpet for any incoming star who might raise the profile of the league. You'd expect that new star to go through hell to prove they deserve that title.

If anyone wanted to be upset at anything, I could see some complaints directed to her teammates for not retaliating on her behalf. But that would be the end of it.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                Clark is coming in hailed as the face of the league. Perfectly fine with the existing members of the league having something to say about that.

And Clark TALKS. She initiates, she throws shots herself, and she flops. She's inviting a lot of this. And good for her! If she's the star everyone expects her to be, she'll win out in the end.

But the Pistons creating the Jordan rules wasn't some sort of disrespect - quite the opposite. The women are competitors - you wouldn't ask NBA players to lay out the red carpet for any incoming star who might raise the profile of the league. You'd expect that new star to go through hell to prove they deserve that title.

If anyone wanted to be upset at anything, I could see some complaints directed to her teammates for not retaliating on her behalf. But that would be the end of it.
                There was no retaliation because it was a flop. If you go to the X post and scroll down, there is a another angle of the play where it's clear no elbow was involved. Reese did a basic boxout with her left arm and Caitlin went tumbling.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post

There was no retaliation because it was a flop. If you go to the X post and scroll down, there is a another angle of the play where it's clear no elbow was involved. Reese did a basic boxout with her left arm and Caitlin went tumbling.
                  I agree that play was a flop (I even indicated as much in my post).

All I'm saying is IF you want to levy any criticism amongst the players in regards to Clark's maybe-a-little-rough welcome to the league, I would direct it at her teammates. You don't have to levy any criticism at all. That's just the first place I would look if anyone decides there is too much rough stuff happening.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post

What about the Carter one? that was a cheap shot, no?

These players are jealous of Clark. It's that simple. As for Reese, actions speak louder than words. She doesn't like her. She made another dumb comment today how the reason people watch WNBA games is not because of one person it's because of her too. Can't speak for any of you here but I don't watch Chicago Sky games. I watch some Chicago Bulls draft stuff, I hope Holland falls to us at 11. But Chicago Sky? nah.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

What about the Carter one? that was a cheap shot, no?

These players are jealous of Clark. It's that simple. As for Reese, actions speak louder than words. She doesn't like her. She made another dumb comment today how the reason people watch WNBA games is not because of one person it's because of her too. Can't speak for any of you here but I don't watch Chicago Sky games. I watch some Chicago Bulls draft stuff, I hope Holland falls to us at 11. But Chicago Sky? nah.
                      Huh, maybe she wasn't talking about you, but about the many people who watch a lot of WNBA games, and which audience was already rapidly increasing before Clark got there.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Huh, maybe she wasn't talking about you, but about the many people who watch a lot of WNBA games, and which audience was already rapidly increasing before Clark got there.
                        Huh, so you're telling me, the NEW fans like me who are tuning into WNBA is because we want to watch Angel Reese? hell no.

This league has seen MASSIVE growth this year because of Caitlin Clark. That's who we want to watch. Indiana Fever games. I don't care about any of these teams. Again, I'm talking about NEW fans here.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Huh, so you're telling me, the NEW fans like me who are tuning into WNBA is because we want to watch Angel Reese? hell no.

This league has seen MASSIVE growth this year because of Caitlin Clark. That's who we want to watch. Indiana Fever games. I don't care about any of these teams. Again, I'm talking about NEW fans here.

You have numbers to back that up?

The WNBA saw something like a 25% spike in viewership LAST year. Nothing to do with Clark. It's a rapidly growing product. Those new fans don't count, though, right?

That's the point the existing players are making. Yes, Clark has brought a good deal of attention to the league. No, it is not growing just because of her, and treating the rest of the players like they haven't contributed to the significant increase in success of late is silly.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

You have numbers to back that up?

The WNBA saw something like a 25% spike in viewership LAST year. Nothing to do with Clark. It's a rapidly growing product. Those new fans don't count, though, right?

That's the point the existing players are making. Yes, Clark has brought a good deal of attention to the league. No, it is not growing just because of her, and treating the rest of the players like they haven't contributed to the significant increase in success of late is silly.
                            I mean, I'm not saying that this is the reason why but this forum has never had a WNBA thread before. There's one now in Clark's rookie year. Coincidence?

Viewership this year has spiked over 200% from last year. This year's draft was the most watched draft in history. Indiana Fever games are massive even though they're HISTORICALLY bad.

You think this is all a coincidence huh?

I call it the Caitlin Clark effect.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Mamba Mentality

Comment

The reason we have a thread is the new team

Comment

Working...
                                X