Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 007 wrote: View Post
    That's amazing
    Before my comp crashed I had a interesting pictogram developing in my paint program showing just how good Masai is at turning straw into gold. It showed what each move turned into. I was very proud of it. Just imagine it since there is no way I am doing that work again
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      You can troll as much as you want but, Casey has a big part in this team being successful while being young.
      I actually agree with you.

My concern or question would be, is he the guy to take it beyond round 1 of the playoffs. I really don't know the answer to that, but since he wasn't extended I'm sure we will see what happens this year
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
        I actually agree with you.

My concern or question would be, is he the guy to take it beyond round 1 of the playoffs. I really don't know the answer to that, but since he wasn't extended I'm sure we will see what happens this year
        I think he has the personnel now to do it.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

You can troll as much as you want but, Casey has a big part in this team being successful while being young.
          Haha not a troll comment, really an indication of the quality of players that Masai has assembled.

Casey isn't a very good coach. There's a reason he has a career 27% winning % in the playoffs and that the Raptors did the unheard of, swept with home court advantage.

The team won despite him.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I think he has the personnel now to do it.
            I would agree. But he is also out of excuses if it doesn't happen this year.

Comment

I would agree. But he is also out of excuses if it doesn't happen this year.
              Agreed
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Oh and as the OP demonstrated, the team wasn't young during that time. We've since added youth.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• The thing I like most about Masai is that even when he makes a bad decision (e.g. sign GV to a contract extension) he's still able to correct himself and turn that choice around into something good/positive (trade for Powell + 1st round pick). Many GMs don't have that ability and aren't able to see where they went wrong-- unless its way way after the fact. Masai takes responsibility and doesn't complain. I think its one of his more admirable qualities as a GM and part of the reason why i find it difficult not to like the guy.
                  #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

Before my comp crashed I had a interesting pictogram developing in my paint program showing just how good Masai is at turning straw into gold. It showed what each move turned into. I was very proud of it. Just imagine it since there is no way I am doing that work again
                    C'mon.

That sounds awesome.

Next time you have a few hours to kill, do it?

Do it.

Comment

• They are perfectly divided between young and old players.

We have 9 players under 25 and only one over 30, while Carroll, Lowry, Patterson, DeRozan and Johnson are all at their peak years (DD and PPat are only 26).

Comment

• I think if we look at the guys who are actually going to play... our 9 or 10 rotation is still fairly experienced.

Lowry is 29 or 30, Carroll is 29 or 30, DeMar is 25, Scola is 58 (probably)

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          Oh and as the OP demonstrated, the team wasn't young during that time. We've since added youth.
                          Nor did DC rely on the youth that he did have.

Comment

I think if we look at the guys who are actually going to play... our 9 or 10 rotation is still fairly experienced.

Lowry is 29 or 30, Carroll is 29 or 30, DeMar is 25, Scola is 58 (probably)
                            Yep. And if you look at the Warriors core that just won the chip, its:

Curry (26), Klay (24), Green (24) & Barnes (22). Damn.

with Iggy (31) or Bogut (30), to play small or big.

"You need veterans to win in this league."

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              Where exactly did we "add youth"?
                              -Mostly at the deep end of the bench (Powel, AB...) and 2nd unit (Byombo, KJo... They replaced (mostly) vets that were of low usage (Hayes, Fields, TH, Stiemsma...), and yes a couple of usefulls vets (Lou & GV).
                              As for our starters DC replaces TRoss & likely (IMO) Scola replaces Amir.
                              Overall, I'd say we added experience (and durability) with starters , whereas 2nd unit is a massive improvement on D.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                                Where exactly did we "add youth"?
                                -Mostly at the deep end of the bench (Powel, AB...) and 2nd unit (Byombo, KJo... They replaced (mostly) vets that were of low usage (Hayes, Fields, TH, Stiemsma...), and yes a couple of usefulls vets (Lou & GV).
                                As for our starters DC replaces TRoss & likely (IMO) Scola replaces Amir.
                                Overall, I'd say we added experience (and durability) with starters , whereas 2nd unit is a massive improvement on D.
                                Sounds like the ideal composition. More established players in the starting 5, with young talented players on the bench trying to improve enough to take a starting spot.

If one of the vets play slips or if a young guy really explodes, then the youth works his way into the starting line up. Eventually the youth becomes the vet and new youth is added.

Comment

Working...
                                X