Aaron Gordon thinks Scottie Barnes could be the next Aaron Gordon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Gordon thinks Scottie Barnes could be the next Aaron Gordon

Aaron Gordon has been a good story since coming to the Nuggets and he was asked who do you think
    will be the next Aaron Gordon ... the next Aaron Gordon means a guy miscast in a role as a star who might
    excell as the ultimate glue guy .. and he said Scottie Barnes ..

guyroch wrote: View Post
    Aaron Gordon has been a good story since coming to the Nuggets and he was asked who do you think
    will be the next Aaron Gordon ... the next Aaron Gordon means a guy miscast in a role as a star who might
    excell as the ultimate glue guy .. and he said Scottie Barnes ..
    Good, now we just need to find our Jokic and Murray.
    Easy.

Comment

Lol aaron gordon was never cast as a star. Thats ego. He was good at dunking and why he was popular.

Scottie has a ROY all star and just averaged 20 6 and 8 in year 3.

AG averaged 12 2 and 5 in year 3 and has never reached the height Scottie has. Dude is delusional to Think he was ever on the same level as scottie.
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
        Lol aaron gordon was never cast as a star. Thats ego. He was good at dunking and why he was popular.

AG averaged 12 2 and 5 in year 3 and has never reached the height Scottie has. Dude is delusional to Think he was ever on the same level as scottie.
        He was expected to be the star on Orlando because they were a crap team and didn't have anyone better. He knows he wasn't a star, if you read the Ringer article.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

This is the correct response. No other responses are necessary.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post

He was expected to be the star on Orlando because they were a crap team and didn't have anyone better. He knows he wasn't a star, if you read the Ringer article.
            He really wasn't expected to be the star though.

Vucevic was their star and it's not even close.
            Their 2nd star was Oladipo. Tobias Harris was 3rd, Fournier was 4th. Gordon played 17 mpg off the bench. Sorry but that's not a dude drafted to be a star that's a dude drafted to be a role player. He wasn't even moved into the starting lineup until his 3rd season.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

He really wasn't expected to be the star though.

Vucevic was their star and it's not even close.
              Their 2nd star was Oladipo. Tobias Harris was 3rd, Fournier was 4th. Gordon played 17 mpg off the bench. Sorry but that's not a dude drafted to be a star that's a dude drafted to be a role player. He wasn't even moved into the starting lineup until his 3rd season.
              No fan base expects a player drafted 4th overall not to be a star.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post

No fan base expects a player drafted 4th overall not to be a star.
                I did not think Scottie Barnes would be a star. Don't think most Raptor fans did at the time.

Had we drafted Suggs I wasn't expecting him to be a star either.

We at least played him like a future star, He started and played heavy minutes.

Gordon played 17 minutes off the bench.
                Last edited by Primer; Thu May 16, 2024, 05:16 PM.

Comment

I did not think Scottie Barnes would be a star. Don't think most Raptor fans did at the time.

Had we drafted Suggs I wasn't expecting him to be a star either.

We at least played him like a future star, He started and played heavy minutes.

Gordon played 17 minutes off the bench.
                  I did. Most Raps fans did. If you draft a player in the top 5 in any sports, hockey, basketball, football, baseball. You expect that player to be a star.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

I did. Most Raps fans did. If you draft a player in the top 5 in any sports, hockey, basketball, football, baseball. You expect that player to be a star.
                    I really do not think this is the case at all. 1st overall sure. By pick 4 I don't think so. Playing real fast and loose with the term "star". Most fans don't expect the 4th pick to be a star.

Also you must have amnesia because more than half the fan base had a meltdown that we didn't draft Suggs.

Comment

Beyond 1st or 2nd, perhaps "expect" is not the right word, but you hope that every pick has that slim chance of being the diamond in the rough.
                      Every fan does. And every fan knows how much they are lying to themselves depending on the specific player/prospect.

Specifically with Scottie, I'm on the record, here in the forum, the night we drafted him, saying he was our next All-Star Point Guard. Whether that's "hope" or "expectation" is semantics really. Lol

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                        Beyond 1st or 2nd, perhaps "expect" is not the right word, but you hope that every pick has that slim chance of being the diamond in the rough.
                        Every fan does. And every fan knows how much they are lying to themselves depending on the specific player/prospect.

Specifically with Scottie, I'm on the record, here in the forum, the night we drafted him, saying he was our next All-Star Point Guard. Whether that's "hope" or "expectation" is semantics really. Lol
                        I'm questioning whether anyone ever thought Gordon was gonna be a star. If they did, they should have been disabused of that notion in his first season. We're talking about him because he claimed he was being treated like a star on Scotties level who has done better since being recast as a glue guy and he thinks Scottie is the same.

Comment

Gordon doesn't seem like a complicated guy. He's probably looking at young guys on rookie contracts in the NBA that are 6'7/6'8 like him that are the "star" or "face" of their team. And Scottie was the guy that matched that the best.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Gordon doesn't seem like a complicated guy. He's probably looking at young guys on rookie contracts in the NBA that are 6'7/6'8 like him that are the "star" or "face" of their team. And Scottie was the guy that matched that the best.
                            My contention is Gordon was never the star or the face of the Magic. Vucevic was quite clearly the star and the face of the franchise the entire time Gordon was there.

Comment

My contention is Gordon was never the star or the face of the Magic. Vucevic was quite clearly the star and the face of the franchise the entire time Gordon was there.
                              Whether that's true or not, he likely didn't see it that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X