Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All-NBA team is out... Are Derozon (top 25) and Lowry (top 40) viewed upon correctly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-NBA team is out... Are Derozon (top 25) and Lowry (top 40) viewed upon correctly?

The All-NBA votes are out. Both DeRozon (3 votes) and Lowry (1 vote) got votes. Rudy Gay got three votes!

I suppose that it is a story that has been well written many times, but Lowry really was having an all-NBA season til the calender flipped. It shows here...

I was also surprised to see that DeRozan got some love but not sure that I would prefer him over any of the other guards there.

No bradley beal so perhaps "Best Backcourt in the East" still stands?

Thoughts?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2014-15 ALL-NBA FIRST TEAM
    Position Player / Team / 1st Team Votes Points
    Forward LeBron James, Cleveland (129) 645
    Forward/Center Anthony Davis, New Orleans (119) 625
    Center Marc Gasol, Memphis (65) 453
    Guard Stephen Curry, Golden State (129) 645
    Guard James Harden, Houston (125) 637

2014-15 ALL-NBA SECOND TEAM
    Position Player / Team / 1st Team Votes Points
    Forward/Center LaMarcus Aldridge, Portland (13) 390
    Center/Forward DeMarcus Cousins, Sacramento (18) 220
    Center Pau Gasol, Chicago (15) 242
    Guard Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City (10) 397
    Guard Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers (1) 335

2014-15 ALL-NBA THIRD TEAM
    Position Player / Team / First Team Votes Points
    Forward Blake Griffin, L.A. Clippers (2) 189
    Forward/Center Tim Duncan, San Antonio (6) 167
    Center DeAndre Jordan, L.A. Clippers (12) 175
    Guard Klay Thompson, Golden State 122
    Guard Kyrie Irving, Cleveland 112

Other players receiving votes, with point totals (First Team votes in parentheses): Kawhi Leonard, San Antonio, 155; Paul Millsap, Atlanta, 70; Al Horford, Atlanta, 64 (1); John Wall, Washington, 50; Jimmy Butler, Chicago, 32; Damian Lillard, Portland, 22; Draymond Green, Golden State, 9; Zach Randolph, Memphis, 7; Jeff Teague, Atlanta, 7; Andrew Bogut, Golden State, 6; Nikola Vucevic, Orlando, 6; DeMar DeRozan, Toronto, 3; Rudy Gay, Sacramento, 3; Andre Drummond, Detroit, 2; Gordon Hayward, Utah, 2; Kyle Korver, Atlanta, 2; Joakim Noah, Chicago, 2; Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas, 2; Dwyane Wade, Miami, 2; Carmelo Anthony, New York, 1; Tyson Chandler, Dallas, 1; Mike Conley, Memphis, 1; Brook Lopez, Brooklyn, 1; Kevin Love, Cleveland, 1; Kyle Lowry, Toronto, 1; Khris Middleton, Milwaukee, 1.

~~~~~~~~~

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/05/21/2...ase/index.html

Lebron is entering the MJ zone where everyone is so used to how good he is, they completely take him for granted. Same number of votes as Curry? Curry has had a great season, but imagine Lebron playing point-forward on that GSW team. They would have had an even better year, I've no doubt. Probably could have chased the 72 win mark.

Also, I've got a feeling those 3rd team bigs would take the 2nd team bigs to school.
    Last edited by S.R.; Fri May 22, 2015, 04:39 PM.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Their positions are meaningless because they didn't make any of the teams. Getting some votes is a given if you're the face of a playoff team.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
        Their positions are meaningless because they didn't make any of the teams. Getting some votes is a given if you're the face of a playoff team.
        Doesn't getting votes mean that someone thought that Lowry and Derozon are top six guards in the League?

Maybe the votes came from someone who only watched the first half of the year...

Or maybe the votes came from Canadians.... lol...

Comment

Was not dd eastern player of the month in march. In the early season he was productive but clearly playing second fiddle to kyle who then as stated above went from 3rd team all NBA consideration to obscurity

Comment

I know Durant got injured but why isnt he on there somewhere...or are there rules? And who votes for these positions?

Comment

LOL. 3 Eastern Conference players in total. And one is Lebron.

Comment

Lot of recency bias there, and outlier votes make the results noisy. Can't really take DeMar and Lowry's placement seriously, though the overall teams are decent enough.

We're still so far away, unfortunately.

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
                  Was not dd eastern player of the month in march. In the early season he was productive but clearly playing second fiddle to kyle who then as stated above went from 3rd team all NBA consideration to obscurity
                  He was not. It was April. It was 11 games.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                    He was not. It was April. It was 11 games.
                    thanks was not sure

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                      I know Durant got injured but why isnt he on there somewhere...or are there rules? And who votes for these positions?
                      It's based on the overall season performance. Durant's season was garbage (through no fault of his own). It would be a joke if someone thought 27 games by KD was better than the seasons by the players that did make it.
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Lebron is entering the MJ zone where everyone is so used to how good he is, they completely take him for granted. Same number of votes as Curry? Curry has had a great season, but imagine Lebron playing point-forward on that GSW team. They would have had an even better year, I've no doubt. Probably could have chased the 72 win mark.

Also, I've got a feeling those 3rd team bigs would take the 2nd team bigs to school.
                        If he wasn't sulking and playing like relative trash at the start of the year (hence the need for his 2 week sabbatical) he probably would have gotten a vote or two more.

I wonder where how the season would have went if Cleveland didn't make those trades. Guess we'll never know.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Both LeBron and Curry were unanimous selections with max votes possible.

Comment

Same number of votes as Curry?
                            Here's the headline of the original article "Warriors' Curry and Cavaliers' James unanimous picks for 2014-15 All-NBA First Team".

So it's a ceiling effect. Can't really fault anyone for voting the MVP to the first All Star team.

Comment

DD getting 3 votes is hilarious

pau being second team is even more hilarious
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                              X