Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All-NBA team is out... Are Derozon (top 25) and Lowry (top 40) viewed upon correctly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    That people didn't want the Raps to acquire Pau from LA 2 years ago because he "was done" is even more hilarious.
    Acquring Pau and watching him "scramble" on defense and be either ignored or double teamed on offense would be even more hilarious. Not to mention sitting out 4th quarters. Actually, no, that would be more like sad and pathetic.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    DD getting 3 votes is hilarious

pau being second team is even more hilarious
    That people didn't want the Raps to acquire Pau from LA 2 years ago because he "was done" is even more hilarious.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    DD getting 3 votes is hilarious

pau being second team is even more hilarious

Leave a comment:

• Paradigm Shift
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Same number of votes as Curry?
    Here's the headline of the original article "Warriors' Curry and Cavaliers' James unanimous picks for 2014-15 All-NBA First Team".

So it's a ceiling effect. Can't really fault anyone for voting the MVP to the first All Star team.

Leave a comment:

• danno
    replied
    Lebron is entering the MJ zone where everyone is so used to how good he is, they completely take him for granted. Same number of votes as Curry? Curry has had a great season, but imagine Lebron playing point-forward on that GSW team. They would have had an even better year, I've no doubt. Probably could have chased the 72 win mark.

Also, I've got a feeling those 3rd team bigs would take the 2nd team bigs to school.
    Both LeBron and Curry were unanimous selections with max votes possible.

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    Lebron is entering the MJ zone where everyone is so used to how good he is, they completely take him for granted. Same number of votes as Curry? Curry has had a great season, but imagine Lebron playing point-forward on that GSW team. They would have had an even better year, I've no doubt. Probably could have chased the 72 win mark.

Also, I've got a feeling those 3rd team bigs would take the 2nd team bigs to school.
    If he wasn't sulking and playing like relative trash at the start of the year (hence the need for his 2 week sabbatical) he probably would have gotten a vote or two more.

I wonder where how the season would have went if Cleveland didn't make those trades. Guess we'll never know.

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    Bendit wrote: View Post
    I know Durant got injured but why isnt he on there somewhere...or are there rules? And who votes for these positions?
    It's based on the overall season performance. Durant's season was garbage (through no fault of his own). It would be a joke if someone thought 27 games by KD was better than the seasons by the players that did make it.

Leave a comment:

• rightsideup
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    He was not. It was April. It was 11 games.
    thanks was not sure

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    rightsideup wrote: View Post
    Was not dd eastern player of the month in march. In the early season he was productive but clearly playing second fiddle to kyle who then as stated above went from 3rd team all NBA consideration to obscurity
    He was not. It was April. It was 11 games.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    Lot of recency bias there, and outlier votes make the results noisy. Can't really take DeMar and Lowry's placement seriously, though the overall teams are decent enough.

We're still so far away, unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    LOL. 3 Eastern Conference players in total. And one is Lebron.

Leave a comment:

• Bendit
    replied
    I know Durant got injured but why isnt he on there somewhere...or are there rules? And who votes for these positions?

Leave a comment:

• rightsideup
    replied
    Was not dd eastern player of the month in march. In the early season he was productive but clearly playing second fiddle to kyle who then as stated above went from 3rd team all NBA consideration to obscurity

Leave a comment:

• canadafubuki
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post
    Their positions are meaningless because they didn't make any of the teams. Getting some votes is a given if you're the face of a playoff team.
    Doesn't getting votes mean that someone thought that Lowry and Derozon are top six guards in the League?

Maybe the votes came from someone who only watched the first half of the year...

Or maybe the votes came from Canadians.... lol...

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Their positions are meaningless because they didn't make any of the teams. Getting some votes is a given if you're the face of a playoff team.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X