No announcement yet.

What will be MU's next move?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the new system involves 4 point guards...
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      I hope you were knocking on wood when you typed that. I'm a bit scared of next season atm.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

[
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

vet off the bench, new starting 2 + 4, maybe a trade or 2... nothing special.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            The scary thing about this is that I don't even think it's outside the realm of possibility.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

"Evaluating" ...

Immediatley followed by some "seeing what we did good, and what we did not so good"

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                I would rather them trade derozan because I think hes worth the most. While I see him improving I just dont see him developing as true 3 point shot. Unless the last month was a true indication of his ability.
                I think this is likely to be the smartest move.

I don't think we are well served to give DD max money next year, and someone else may want to give it to him, so let's just trade him to that team this year.

The short term pain we feel from this would also let us move a surgically repaired TRoss to the 2, making JJ more logical at the 3, and giving us a more balanced team.

Comment

Reboc wrote: View Post
                  vet off the bench, new starting 2 + 4, maybe a trade or 2... nothing special.
                  Kinda amazing that you consider 2 new starters nothing special, even though it would appear you are predicting both via free agency (big deal) or with our draft pick (no small feat at 20th).
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Draft night dream:

JV/Ross/Fields/NYK-DEN pick/2016 pick for DMC

JV probably has the highest trade value on the team right now. I don't think there is a better Center prospect that Sac-town could get back in a trade.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I see us doing this:

Let Amir and Lou go.

Sign Hansborough back.

Sign either a bench SF or PF, either RFA or UFA with left over cap space after TH signing.

Pick up another 3/4 at the Draft.

And that's it.... The People's Lineup becomes the new starting 5: (KL, DD, JJ, PP, JV). Our bench becomes this: (GV, TR, ??, ??, LN, DD (Rookie), BC)
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

I propose a tank of sorts, but rather call it "stashing assets". Boston is very open to trading James Young and a few of their 50 million picks, something we could go after with DD. We could potentially trade Lowry to the Kings (something that is brought up a lot) and get back Stauskas and picks. Anyway the point of stashing assets is to make a trade similar to how Boston traded for the "big 3" and Houston traded for Harden. Either that or after a flurry of trades we suck so bad we land the 1st pick nxt year and draft a franchise talent

Comment

Masai's next move is to trade our pick and Terrence Ross for Faried.
                          -Then throw some money at Aaron Afflalo.
                          Lowry/Demar/Afflalo/Faried/JV
                          The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                            Masai's next move is to trade our pick and Terrence Ross for Faried.
                            -Then throw some money at Aaron Afflalo.
                            Lowry/Demar/Afflalo/Faried/JV
                            If JV improves and they have a better offensive and defensive scheme, this team can actually beat anyone in the east except for Cavs.

Comment

milesbudokai wrote: View Post
                              I propose a tank of sorts, but rather call it "stashing assets". Boston is very open to trading James Young and a few of their 50 million picks, something we could go after with DD. We could potentially trade Lowry to the Kings (something that is brought up a lot) and get back Stauskas and picks. Anyway the point of stashing assets is to make a trade similar to how Boston traded for the "big 3" and Houston traded for Harden. Either that or after a flurry of trades we suck so bad we land the 1st pick nxt year and draft a franchise talent
                              Part of the problem with your example (not the strategy itself) is trying to get picks from Boston. They're stashing to do the exact kind of thing you want the Raps to do. Can't imagine DD is the type of player they want. Gotta think they want a true star just like when they traded for Garnett. Then maybe they'd want DD after they already have that star lined up...but I can't imagine he'd be a priority.

Comment

Sort of surprised that there's enough here to create a thread.

There's really only 2 options:

1/ Fill the clear holes in the line up -- Find a starting SF, PF and vets for the bench

or

2/ Rebuild -- Trade DD, KL, or both to truly get young and have a group of players grow together (likely around JV)

Not sure there are other options. Masai didn't fire the coach. That would have created more options, or at least waiting to make a decision on his coach would have.

My guess? He goes with option 1. Why? Because the Raps are hosting All-Star week. They would rather be mediocre and have at least 1 player playing in the All-Star game than be bad and have none. Clearly this team has a history of trying to reach small goals rather than big ones (Or whatever the podcast on the main page was saying).

Comment

Working...
                                X