What will be MU's next move?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thead wrote: View Post
    I think the existing roster can work with a few additions....I think it could work better with

Dragic, Affalo, Middleton, D. Green.... in fact I dream of this lineup often...its my current barely a hope in hell but still possible lineup
    Possible if you trade DeMar, Lowry and JV maybe. Actually even then it seems impossible.

Pick one of those guys and maybe there's a chance.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Trade Ross, JV and a first rounder for Demarcus cousins
      Sign Tristan Thompson at PF
      Pick up Khris Middleton to slide in at shooting guard
      Pay Amir Johnson 4 million a year to come off the bench.

Comment

I think he should target Kostas Popinikalau and Mirza Teletovic in the offseason, one through trade, and straight up sign the other. Kostas reminds me of Garbs, and Mirza is that guy you scream at your team mate for sagging off because he shoot the god damn lights out
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
          I think he should target Kostas Popinikalau and Mirza Teletovic in the offseason, one through trade, and straight up sign the other. Kostas reminds me of Garbs, and Mirza is that guy you scream at your team mate for sagging off because he shoot the god damn lights out
          Might have been due to injuries, but Teletovics stats were down across the board last year, to the point where he was kinda shit. He didn't even shoot 3s well, only .320. His FG% was a meager .382 and his TS% was only .500. Add in the fact he's not a good defender, and he's not young, and you have a guy who I do not want to sign. We're better off with Ross.

Same thing with Kostas, he shot terribly this season and isn't a good defender. If these are the kind of guys we go after in free agency then we're really fucked.

Comment

not really sure what teletovic brings that PP doesn't
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
              Might have been due to injuries, but Teletovics stats were down across the board last year, to the point where he was kinda shit. He didn't even shoot 3s well, only .320. His FG% was a meager .382 and his TS% was only .500. Add in the fact he's not a good defender, and he's not young, and you have a guy who I do not want to sign. We're better off with Ross.

Same thing with Kostas, he shot terribly this season and isn't a good defender. If these are the kind of guys we go after in free agency then we're really fucked.
              I wonder if trading for Matt Barnes would be an option.

Comment

I see Masai taking a run after guys like Middleton, Tristan Thompson, Wes Matthews, Noris Cole, Corey Joseph.

All of these guys would be considered upgrades in their respective positions and all of them are realistic options for this team.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Cole as a backup PG. He's young and has some rings, would be able to step into a starter role if required due to a KL trade (obviously depending on what we got back).
                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                Because its 2015

Comment

Selling his Blackberry stock.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I can see Masai will only making a few moves including major FA..

1. Only one of Amir J and Lou W will be back - whichever one decides $8 million per year is enough
                    2. Trade Ross - most likly candidate i see is OKC - has they are all in now with this being Durant last year. - Possible deal
                    Ross - for SF Perry Jones + PF Mitch McCreary - two young guys who's draft stock dropped.
                    3. Go after Corey Joseph - the Cdn he desperately wants for $6 million
                    4. Trade Vasquez + 2nd rounder after Pan AM games to LA Lakers for Jordan Hill + Wesley Johnson..they will have no need for him after OKahor

Roster afterwards
                    C - JV,Hill,Bebe
                    PF - 2Pat,McCreary, Amir??
                    SF - PJones,JJ,WJ
                    SG - DD,WJ,Lou W???
                    PG - KL, CJ

Bruno is D league.. 15th man should be a vet..

Comment

15strong wrote: View Post
                      I can see Masai will only making a few moves including major FA..

1. Only one of Amir J and Lou W will be back - whichever one decides $8 million per year is enough
                      2. Trade Ross - most likly candidate i see is OKC - has they are all in now with this being Durant last year. - Possible deal
                      Ross - for SF Perry Jones + PF Mitch McCreary - two young guys who's draft stock dropped.
                      3. Go after Corey Joseph - the Cdn he desperately wants for $6 million
                      4. Trade Vasquez + 2nd rounder after Pan AM games to LA Lakers for Jordan Hill + Wesley Johnson..they will have no need for him after OKahor

Roster afterwards
                      C - JV,Hill,Bebe
                      PF - 2Pat,McCreary, Amir??
                      SF - PJones,JJ,WJ
                      SG - DD,WJ,Lou W???
                      PG - KL, CJ

Bruno is D league.. 15th man should be a vet..
                      "Mitch McCreary", I can't stop laughing hahahaha. Not bad at all though.

Comment

Raptors need a defensive sf who shots at least 35 from three, a pf that is fast enough to switch onto some perimeter players and is a great rebounder, JV to become a better defender, dd learning to shoot threes and Lowry returning to firm. 4 of 5 would do lol
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
                          I wonder if trading for Matt Barnes would be an option.
                          Please no. This guy is one of the biggest whiners in the league.

Comment

If I was a gambling man i would say that Masai's next move will be to draft the 20th pick in this years draft ;-) lol but in all reality he just might make a deal at the draft so for now i cant look to July 1st or later till i see what takes place draft night.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

Mirza reminds me of Kleiza... I hated Kleiza...

Comment

You dont get Teletovic when you have Patterson period. If we sign/trade for a pf it should be for a starter, we already have Amir that we can re-sign to backup the backups (pf & c) and be 3rd big off the bench. And i see a scenario or two where Amir might sign back pretty cheaply as his health has been dwindling n i dont know if many teams are gonna come calling for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X