No announcement yet.

Rebuild ... What does it really mean ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now, the bigger problem maybe management and MLSE. If revenues are strong and profits are growing, they don't need to build a contender. They just need some form of relevance and more Atlantic division banners hanging. Seriously, the Raptors win a playoff round once every 20 years. Think about that level of excellence.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      1. The Clippers never tanked?? WOW! That's not true at all. There were a COUPLE of seasons back in the mid 2000's where they rode the treadmill. The Elton Brand/Corey Maggette era. But other than that, they were ALWAYS in the LOTTERY every single year(and i'm talking years and years here, DECADES) before they got Griffin back in 2009.

The Warriors are the same thing. They lucked out back in 2009 when Curry fell to them at 7th( or was it 8th?) i can't remember but whatever. They lucked out again in 2011 when Klay Thompson fell to them at 11th.

2. LAST THING on my mind is championships. You have to be REALISTIC, this team is not going to win a championship anytime soon. What i want is a competitive team. Build a WINNING CULTURE. Change the outsiders perception of the Raptors.
      When potential Free Agents thinks of the Raptors, i want them to think of a team that CARES ABOUT WINNING. Not a team that cares about ping pong balls.
      I will CAPITALIZE every IMPORTANT word to EMPHASIS my POINT

Seriously though the Clippers and Warriors never improved until the drafted well in the lottery. But they still were in the lottery, not like at 20 where we will be as first round cannon fodder.

Even though they didn't go full tank (except for Blake), they still needed some high draft picks to get better, and good drafting

Comment

Working...
      X