Everything 2016 NBA All Star Game in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Demar is easily one of the best SG in the East simply because the competition after Butler is Korver, Fournier and Joe Johnson maybe.
    Which, if true ... and if Butler is elite ... no way we let that asset just walk, right?

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
      Which, if true ... and if Butler is elite ... no way we let that asset just walk, right?
      He is in a tier with Korver, Fournier, Joe, Reddick, Danny Green?, etc probably near the top. For 15-20M fine, anything more and its a huge overpay

Comment

Butler is elite, what are you implying?

Comment

He is in a tier with Korver, Fournier, Joe, Reddick, Danny Green?, etc probably near the top. For 15-20M fine, anything more and its a huge overpay
          that would be fine if we were not in dire need of a Power Forward.

The inherent cost added to a 15 million dollar contract makes it far less palatable.

Comment

Back-tracking now? Awwwwwwww

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
              that would be fine if we were not in dire need of a Power Forward.

The inherent cost added to a 15 million dollar contract makes it far less palatable.
              Depends on what direction the Raptor go in. If they follow this years Spurs team with a forward heavy slow pace team, a big ticket PF makes sense. If they continue being guard dominant then spending money on forwards ius a waste

Comment

• I put my votes where it will matter: KL, DD, and JV. Aside from Kyle Lowry, Jimmy Butler is my favorite player in the league, and it annoys that I had for vote for Demar over him (because I don't think Demar deserves to start), but hey, that's what you do for your home team right? Plus, it's in Toronto this year, so we gotta represent.

Comment

• Derozan and Lowry starting together would be good press for our ignored team, and would also piss off Wizards, Bulls and Cavs fans. Win win win scenario
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Kobe's gonna get in just like Mike with the Wiz. I hope he takes all the shots haha
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      Just did my first vote(nba.com):

East: Lowry, DeRozan, George, LeBron, Drummond
                      West: Curry, Klay, Kobe, Leonard, Nowitzki
                      Hang on; is Kobe listed as a forward? If so, I wonder who he knocks off...
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Demar is easily one of the best SG in the East simply because the competition after Butler is Korver, Fournier and Joe Johnson maybe.
                        The SG position is pretty weak league-wide. It's not just an East issue.
                        Last edited by Just Is; Fri Dec 11, 2015, 06:49 PM.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                          The SG position is pretty week league-wide. It's not just an East issue.
                          Which raises DD's asset value too, right? Don't mean to cross-examine. Just following on ....

Comment

Which raises DD's asset value too, right? Don't mean to cross-examine. Just following on ....
                            Again depend on whether SG is a really important position. On teams like GSW and Hawks the ball moves so a secondary ball handler isnt important. The Raptor dribble happy drive offense a second and third ball handler become important as the first guard draws pressure

Comment

• All Things Considered: Should Toronto Fans Vote DeMar DeRozan Into the 2016 A...

Snooch wrote: View Post
                              Wade is gonna get it for name recognition and nostalgia.

Butler, Wall, Jackson and Beal the the most derserving imo

Demar, Kemba, Teague,

Just going with the raw numbers....between, Demar, Beal, Wall, Butler, Teague and Jackson

Demar is 3rd in rebounds per
                              Demar is 4th in assists
                              Demar is 6th in steals
                              demar is 5th in blocks
                              demar is 1st in points (very narrow margin here....)
                              demar in 2nd in fgas
                              demar is 6th in eFG%
                              demar is 6th in 3pt%

But in the most exciting category of them all....the one people forget about when voting for allstars as it is indeed the most exciting play in basketball....demar is 1st in ftas Just barely ahead of Butler!
                              What about team record Snooch? Isn't that the most important?

It doesn't matter anyways.

Demar will probably be an all-star whether we vote him in or not.

That being said, we need to vote for Kyle and Demar as they both deserve it.

I wouldn't vote for Wall or Beal (based on their team record)

Washington is currently sitting in 11th place ... 5.5 games back! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by special1; Sat Dec 12, 2015, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                                What about team record Snooch? Isn't that the most important?

It doesn't matter anyways.

Demar will probably be an all-star whether we vote him in or not.

That being said, we need to vote for Kyle and Demar as they both deserve it.

I wouldn't vote for Wall or Beal (based on their team record)

Washington is currently sitting in 11th place ... 5.5 games back! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Charlotte is ahead of us in team record.

Chicago played 3 less games and has the same number of losses, so theoretically they could be tied in 3 games time.

Washington is currently in 11th, they will not stay there, and wall is certainly a more known commodity among voters/coaches and I really cannot see anyone arguing that demar is a better player than Wall.

and pistons are actually above 500. dont think many people thought that would happen and Reggie/Drummond have been young, and made the mistakes of younger players, but they have both been really damn good.

Comment

Working...
                                X