Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Yep.
    Thanks for the confirmation. Huh...that will make things interesting but I'm guessing he knocks off Leonard or Green. I think Durant and Griffin get voted in.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      Not sure what your trying to say with this rambling incoherent statement...which I will post about as opposed to throwing veiled insults at you yourself, unlike you yourself, Lou Williams should have been retained. What is it your trying to blurt out ?

Those advanced metrics worked well helping Hinkie eval talent eh ? What a powerhouse he puts on the floor using players he picked using those advanced stats. I have often wondered what the outcome would be if an analytics only guy ran a team and now we get an idea with Philly. What a miserable failure of epic proportions its been with Philly eh? 38 wins and 150 losses. Its so bad that Hinkies ass (regardless of corp speak of him getting help from an advisor ) got fired last week.

Trying to see what "veiled" insults I have put your way. Could you specify please.
      If its insulting to you to have the temerity to challenge your view that Demar is not some stumblebum then I guess I am guilty insulting you.
      try not being insulting.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
        Thanks for the confirmation. Huh...that will make things interesting but I'm guessing he knocks off Leonard or Green. I think Durant and Griffin get voted in.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
        The Warriors have a huge fan base. I think Green will get voted in as a starter along w/ the Splash Brothers. Durant is in for sure.

Griffin i think is the odd man out.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          You'd have a point if Hinkie was the only analytics guy in the league. Bob Myers, Golden State's GM is a big analytics guy as well. Working out ok for him I think.
          Every team has some level of commitment to analytics. To me it would be a subjective comparison but valid none the less. Hard not to look at the road kill in Philly as being any kind of a beacon to 100% analytics though. The Philly lab experiment became too dogmatic and thats how groupthink usually works out when you become a single minded slave to the process and pretty much ignore any other aspects of building a team
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Dec 13, 2015, 06:56 PM.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            Not sure what your trying to say with this rambling incoherent statement
            Unnecessary.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              Everything SuperJudge says is definitive. Pretty sure it's a rule from the 10 commandments or something.
              this is actually fairly true

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                try not being insulting.
                hahahahahaaaaaa

says Snooch

this, by all logic, is a fallacy

Comment

• All Things Considered: Should Toronto Fans Vote DeMar DeRozan Into the 2016 A...

Credit has to go to our new member Barolt for this link

http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/pla...ER_TOUCH&dir=1

Demar is second on our team in points per touch (behind only Lucas Nogueira)

Interesting fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                    Credit has to go to our new member Barolt for this link

http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/pla...ER_TOUCH&dir=1

Demar is second on our team in points per touch (behind only Lucas Nogueira)

Interesting fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I guess. But 90%+ of his touches are on the offensive end.

For example, Jonas has 45 touches per game and a 0.28 points per touch. But 24 of those touches are in the backcourt, as a defensive rebounder, or as an outlet on an inbounds. So his points per front court touch are about 0.6. While DeMar's are about 0.4.

DeMar's been doing great but that ratio (points per touch) would be much more meaningful if it a) was in points per front court touch and b) included something about touch time - DD has an average touch time of almost 4 seconds per touch, and outside of Lowry and Joseph who dribble the ball up court most of the time, no one else breaks 2 seconds per touch.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• In addition to being named "Eastern Conference Player of the Week", DeMar has passed Butler in PER (up to 20.46) and closed the WS gap (Butler 3.2, DD at 3.0).

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                        In addition to being named "Eastern Conference Player of the Week", DeMar has passed Butler in PER (up to 20.46) and closed the WS gap (Butler 3.2, DD at 3.0).
                        DeMar has been excellent this week. I'd still take Butler over DeMar given my choice, but I like the way he's playing a lot better lately.
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Yeah, DeMar has been amazing the past several games, good shot selection, good passing, getting to the line by getting into the paint rather than getting lucky with fouls called on jump shots. His defence is still nothing to write home about, but with all the other stuff there I'm not as worried about that.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Hey new reason to vote DeRozan into the ASG alongside Lowry.

We'd probably be the only team that can pitch 2 all-star starters to KD.

Comment

• NBA All-Star Vote results thus far

4/5's of our standard starting lineup are at least on the board. demars voting numbers is looking pretty sad though, with butler, rose and wall getting past him by name recognition alone, seeing as none of them are playing particularly well. doesn't demar have some sort of name recognition by now though?? at least he'll be coach-voted in.

how is blake griffin ahead of kawhi leonard?? and damn, no one seems to give a shit about anthony davis anymore.

Comment

• Kyrie Irving number two? what the fuck? smh. He's played 2 games this year. TWO.

And yeah Kawhi Leonard deserves to start this year.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X