No announcement yet.

There has never been a better time to rebuild than right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the odds on signing Wesley Matthews? If Aldridge doesn't re-sign in Portland, it may be the start of a rebuild and hence Matthews maybe a good target. Due to his injury, it may scare teams. I think if there is anyway to sign him, that would be my #1 option. Id live with Ppat at the 4 if it means we can have matthews at the 3.

Comment

• but i cant live with ross starting, and with matthews' help, maybe he teaches ross how to defend and attack the basket. I know Casey can't.

Comment

• IwishIwasZachLowe wrote: View Post
        What are the odds on signing Wesley Matthews? If Aldridge doesn't re-sign in Portland, it may be the start of a rebuild and hence Matthews maybe a good target. Due to his injury, it may scare teams. I think if there is anyway to sign him, that would be my #1 option. Id live with Ppat at the 4 if it means we can have matthews at the 3.
        You do know Matthews is 6'5"?
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• so what?

Comment

• so was elgin baylor. lol.

Comment

• Signing Matthews does not make us a better team in the east

Keep dreaming of that treadmill going round and round

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                Signing Matthews does not make us a better team in the east

I agree, but the topic was signing FA's. So that would be my pick if need be. Also, my plan was to draft Winslow and have him learn from Matthews. I think its important to mentor your players with great players. It's not essential but just a theory, having a guy like Winslow beside Ross and GV, I dont know whats he going to learn, shoot the 3 at will and not play defense.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  Signing Matthews does not make us a better team in the east

Replacing Ross in the starting line up with Wes Matthews (assuming he's healthy) would definitely make the team better.

Does it make the team championship contenders? No. But I didn't realize we were ruling out any types of incremental improvements. Apparently any move that doesn't single handedly move us to the top of the NBA heap isn't worth doing (and therefore, we should blow it up).

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                    Replacing Ross in the starting line up with Wes Matthews (assuming he's healthy) would definitely make the team better.

Does it make the team championship contenders? No. But I didn't realize we were ruling out any types of incremental improvements. Apparently any move that doesn't single handedly move us to the top of the NBA heap isn't worth doing (and therefore, we should blow it up).
                    I think Matthews is a decent target because I feel like we could get him cheap due to coming off injury. If Matthews comes back the same from the injury, he's a nice starting SG who can also play some SF.

Comment

I agree, but the topic was signing FA's. So that would be my pick if need be. Also, my plan was to draft Winslow and have him learn from Matthews. I think its important to mentor your players with great players. It's not essential but just a theory, having a guy like Winslow beside Ross and GV, I dont know whats he going to learn, shoot the 3 at will and not play defense.
                      No it isn't. They need to get big minutes from a young age and learn for themselves. The coaching staff just needs to make sure they're focussed on playing basketball the right way and learning the right things along the way.

Having him backup Wesley Matthews is not going to make him a better basketball player. This is pure nonsense.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                        No it isn't. They need to get big minutes from a young age and learn for themselves. The coaching staff just needs to make sure they're focussed on playing basketball the right way and learning the right things along the way.

Having him backup Wesley Matthews is not going to make him a better basketball player. This is pure nonsense.
                        How can it be pure nonsense to learn from someone older than you? In every line of work having a mentor is a huge plus. What makes basketball different. Also, they could also play together, one as a SF and one as a SG.

Comment

How can it be pure nonsense to learn from someone older than you? In every line of work having a mentor is a huge plus. What makes basketball different. Also, they could also play together, one as a SF and one as a SG.
                          So when LeBron James was drafted, he should have been playing behind a vet so he could learn the game?

Or you could just play your most talented guys, age be damned.

Comment

• Since this is the "rebuilding" thread, this is probably relevant:

Chad Ford is reporting that Denver is trying to trade Ty Lawson to Sacramento for the #6, but it's breaking down because Sacramento wants more.

I'm just saying: Kyle Lowry is "more."

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                              Since this is the "rebuilding" thread, this is probably relevant:

Chad Ford is reporting that Denver is trying to trade Ty Lawson to Sacramento for the #6, but it's breaking down because Sacramento wants more.

I'm just saying: Kyle Lowry is "more."
                              Hope Denver does it just for the 2016 pick

Comment

• oof Lowry for #6 would be hot
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X