Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trolling, trolling, Trolling... more evidence the Raptors were the worst team in the playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Who cares? How long are we going to sit and dwell on the negative. I get it, Raps got swept. It truly is a losers mentality around here. Now EVERY thread is back to tank tank tank. Every team needs to crawl before they can walk, and its not always the answer to kick the legs out and start crawling all over again.
    Exactly. Some of the most pointless topics, ever. You have to wonder what team(s) they're a fan of, really. This site is for fans, but you see 80%+ of straight bashing. It's so weak. Now talks of tanking. Defeatist mentality. smh
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

jerome wrote: View Post
      MJ was 1-3, 0-3, and 0-3 for his first three post seasons. Not saying we are MJ but we do need to move on from this
      #CoSign
      The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
      Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
      www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
      http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
      http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

if you guys want to experience the playoffs again
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

all statistics and reason aside...that just depressed the hell out of me...I think I'm just gonna watch our d-league team play this year
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Anyone who thinks a roster headed by the two headed monster of Lowry n DeRozan will do anything of significance is delusional and individual accolaides like making the all start game dont mean jackshit. Its time to rebuild because it just is. Everyone was delusional from last season, except for Masai, and now he has all the reasons in the world to truly make this his team seeing as how the majority of what we have is sill from Colangelo.

Comment

jerome wrote: View Post
              MJ was 1-3, 0-3, and 0-3 for his first three post seasons. Not saying we are MJ but we do need to move on from this
              Can't really use this argument considering the team he was on wasn't that good and they drafted Scottie Pippen soon after. They actually had foundational pieces to build around. We can go 3-4 0-4 and continue to go 2-4, 1-4...etc because we don't have a top 5 player to build around

Comment

Who cares? How long are we going to sit and dwell on the negative. I get it, Raps got swept. It truly is a losers mentality around here. Now EVERY thread is back to tank tank tank. Every team needs to crawl before they can walk, and its not always the answer to kick the legs out and start crawling all over again.
                The OP said nothing about the future of the team, or strategy. You're the one using the "T" word.

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
                Exactly. Some of the most pointless topics, ever. You have to wonder what team(s) they're a fan of, really. This site is for fans, but you see 80%+ of straight bashing. It's so weak. Now talks of tanking. Defeatist mentality. smh
                There's a reason why I put "trolling" (3 times!) in the thread title. It's pointless on purpose. This is the off season. Well, unless your playing in the Finals, anyway. It's a funny/anecdotal/throw away stat that doesn't have any real meaning.

Based on how we played I do believe that we are definitely in the bottom 3 though (with Pellies and Bucks) and actual stats don't do anything to discredit that evaluation.

What's wrong with a "Defeatist" attitude? We were defeated, in convincing fashion. We certainly didn't have a defeatist attitude going into the series (90%+ of posters thought we'd beat the Wizards), and that didn't really seem to have much of an impact, or maybe you think it did, and we would have lost more convincingly without the support of the rabid fan base, in either case, it's not like it changes anything. It's not our responsibility to have a positive attitude. It is the responsibility of the Raptors organization to field a quality playoff team (according the spokesperson of the org aka the GM). I'm happy to let Masai decide how to do that, but let's not pretend that our playoff performance was acceptable. It was not acceptable.

The only people I'm seeing using the "T" word are people complaining about other people using it.

thead wrote: View Post
                all statistics and reason aside...that just depressed the hell out of me...I think I'm just gonna watch our d-league team play this year
                Mission accomplished!
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Actually I think what we've gone all the way back to is not threads about tank tank tank but threads about the definition of tanking. Where's the archive on this forum, let's just bring back those threads again and have someone summarize so we can stop all this nonsense.
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

There is truth here, but what I find the funniest, is that many people still believe we just need to add one more piece to become true contenders. lol

And why is MJ being brought up?

Big difference between the eastern conference in the late 80s and the shit show it is now,

Comment

I remember on some Raptors cheerleader Facebook group, some clown argued with me that GS is nothing special and the Raptors could easily take them in the finals.

Comment

Season is about to end. Only 1 team wins it all. If all 29 other teams go into rebuild mode because they didn't win, the league is being run by idiots - fortunately, only some of the teams are run by idiots
                        The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

That is just a terribly useless comment.

Of the 29 teams, 14 of them SHOULD be rebuilding.
                          Of the 16 teams that make the playoffs, 8 teams should be considering a rebuild if they were eliminated easily and have no particular areas where they can improve the roster.
                          Of the 8 teams that made the second round, 4 of those teams should be looking to add a starter to improve their flaws, or possibly look at a coaching change.
                          Of the 4 teams that reached the Conference Finals, 2 of them should be looking at possibly new 6th man or role players to shore up weaker areas.
                          Of the 2 teams that reach the NBA Finals, 1 team will probably stand pat and upgrade their bench.

We fit in that second area, a team that got swept in the playoffs and have no readily available methods of improving the team without a major shakeup.
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

Comment

brothersteve wrote: View Post
                            Season is about to end. Only 1 team wins it all. If all 29 other teams go into rebuild mode because they didn't win, the league is being run by idiots - fortunately, only some of the teams are run by idiots
                            ebrian wrote: View Post
                            That is just a terribly useless comment.

Of the 29 teams, 14 of them SHOULD be rebuilding.
                            Of the 16 teams that make the playoffs, 8 teams should be considering a rebuild if they were eliminated easily and have no particular areas where they can improve the roster.
                            Of the 8 teams that made the second round, 4 of those teams should be looking to add a starter to improve their flaws, or possibly look at a coaching change.
                            Of the 4 teams that reached the Conference Finals, 2 of them should be looking at possibly new 6th man or role players to shore up weaker areas.
                            Of the 2 teams that reach the NBA Finals, 1 team will probably stand pat and upgrade their bench.

We fit in that second area, a team that got swept in the playoffs and have no readily available methods of improving the team without a major shakeup.
                            Every year, there are max 8 teams that have a legit chance to win the title at the beginning of the year. Usually, even less.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

The max of 8 is generous - but if you're in the top 6 of your conference, you look to add talent, not blow it up. It takes too much effort to find the talent to get into the top 6.

Of course, teams could always go the 76ers route - the paying fans won't mind 5-6 years of sucking badly for the hope they'll finally get the draft right.
                              The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Exactly. It's all relative to me. Every franchise is trying to get better. Some may be playing a longer game than others, but the end goal is to build a contender; one of the top 8-10 teams. As far as playoff seedings goes, we were top 8 but that is largely a worthless marker. As far as reality goes, we were #16 and probably lower if discounted that hot start in the first part of the season.

As a #15-18 team, that is where the proverbial treadmill lies. We don't want to be there. So either you make some moves to get into that top 8-10 range and hope for some luck (season ending injuries, baby!), or you drop down in to the 19-30 range and extend your timeframe to 1-2 years instead of right away. The length of time it takes to get there is directly related to the current talent level of your roster, and ours is not high.

I simply do not see how we can jump to the #8-10 with what we have and what is available.
                                your pal,
                                ebrian

Comment

Working...
                                X