Why????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why????

Why are so many on here so critical of KL and DD, but JV is talked about as the next great Center in the NBA? The Raps set a team record for wins , in consecutive seasons, and did it on the backs of the 2 guys that most of you want to ship out of town! And JV has proven very little to date other than he is not quick enough and not strong enough to go up against the other centers in the league. He was schooled by Gortat in the playoffs.

Just seems funny to throw KL and DD under the bus while giving JV a free pass ...

oh boy here comes another 50 pages of arguments.

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Because JV is a "young" player with a lot of "potential"

Raptors fans loves "potential" and "young players" and "draft picks" they all think of their young players/draft picks as future stars or all stars.

Once they realized that JV is no star, and he is no star, you can quote me on that(he's an NBA starter but not a star). They're going to turn on him real quick. Just like how they turned on Bargnani and now Ross.

I was right about Bargnani, i was right about Graham, i was definitely right about Ross(right guys?!) and i'm pretty confident about this one.

I'm going to give it 2 years.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

DD/Lowry are the "stars" and "leaders" of this team - which means that they deserve a larger slice of the blame when things go poorly as they were often the larger beneficiaries of the Raptors success over the past two seasons.

Having said that, I do agree that JV is overrated on these boards by some.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post

Raptors fans loves "potential" and "young players" and "draft picks" they all think of their young players/draft picks as future stars or all stars.

Once they realized that JV is no star, and he is no star, you can quote me on that(he's an NBA starter but not a star). They're going to turn on him real quick. Just like how they turned on Bargnani and now Ross.

I was right about Bargnani, i was right about Graham, i was definitely right about Ross(right guys?!) and i'm pretty confident about this one.

What else do you see oh wise one?
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Before i go, i forgot the 2 words that Raptors fans loves the most: Rebuild and Tank. Every year. They kinda developed a losers mentality.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

why? cause raptors fans are bi-polar and jaded.

Comment

Before i go, i forgot the 2 words that Raptors fans loves the most: Rebuild and Tank. Every year. They kinda developed a losers mentality.
                I think this mentality spread from the Leafs ...

Comment

BAM ... This is the answer. This is not something new here.

Comment

I think the answer is in every thread over the last few years.

This is such a troll thread.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

danno wrote: View Post
                      Why are so many on here so critical of KL and DD, but JV is talked about as the next great Center in the NBA? The Raps set a team record for wins , in consecutive seasons, and did it on the backs of the 2 guys that most of you want to ship out of town! And JV has proven very little to date other than he is not quick enough and not strong enough to go up against the other centers in the league. He was schooled by Gortat in the playoffs.

Just seems funny to throw KL and DD under the bus while giving JV a free pass ...

"Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Well, this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

I think Casey makes up for the amount of free passes JV gets around here

Comment

Why????

JV can do no wrong around here. Anytime someone points out the obvious, posters pull out a bunch of advanced stats showing why he's a superstar in the making.

No one says anything about him being 34th in blocks per game.....behind such awesome players as Ed Davis (#31), Steven Adams (#29), Alex Len (#20), Mozgov (#33)....Drummond was 8th.

He's 26th in total blocks behind those same players (Drummond was 5th).....except Steven Adams (#30).

The problem I have with JV is that our guards couldn't keep anyone in front of them..... There were a lot of opportunities for him to have more blocks.

Somehow he gets a pass around here. He's the last line of defence and nobody was scared to drive to the rim against him. How many layups did you see get by him (he was always a split second too late). It's always everyone else's fault...The sad part is TRex is right. If he doesn't improve and fast.....Watch the fans turn on him within the next couple years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

blocks do not necessarily equal good defense

Comment

Working...
                              X