Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why????

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Last year JV was a bad defender. This year I would argue he is above average considering the position he was put in.

He has shown enough that in a system like Portlands, he could be a game changer defensively.

For example, I distinctly remember a houston game where Harden was 1/4 at the rim with JV on the floor and 7/9 with him off (in less PT) (can't remember exacts). That sort of stuff isn't counted in the box score.
    You can't say he was above average considering the position he was put in.....lol

PPat and an injured/hobbled Amir were put in the same situations. All of the bigs were! Did you even watch the games? Did you watch the playoffs? Kyle and JV could not be trusted. They kept fouling!

That is all off memory? That's also a small sample size and doesn't mean much. Nobody is scared of driving to the rim when JV is there. He's too slow. If Harden didn't miss 2 bunnies the percentage would be nearly identical anyways. It's very possible that Harden just missed those shots, or maybe JV did a good job that day. Who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Last year JV was a bad defender. This year I would argue he is above average considering the position he was put in.

He has shown enough that in a system like Portlands, he could be a game changer defensively.

For example, I distinctly remember a houston game where Harden was 1/4 at the rim with JV on the floor and 7/9 with him off (in less PT) (can't remember exacts). That sort of stuff isn't counted in the box score.
      Above average?
      Name 15 starting centers who jv plays better defense then.
      Actually wait screw that obviously you cant, so name 10
      Good luck lol

82games>1game
      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
        Above average?
        Good luck lol

82games>1game
        Zaza Pachulia
        Pau Gasol
        Al Jefferson
        Nikolas Vucevic
        Kendrick Perkins
        Enes Kanter
        Gorgui Dieng
        Samuel Dalembert
        Nikola Pekovic
        Brook Lopez

And yes, when healthy, these centres did start the majority of the games.
        Last edited by Mindlessness; Sat May 30, 2015, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Above average?
          Good luck lol

82games>1game
          Jordan Hill
          Olynyk/Tyler Zeller
          Henry Sims
          Pekovic
          Al Jefferson
          Brooke Lopez
          Pau Gasol
          Vucevic
          Zaza
          Jason Thompson

That's ten

+ Whoever started for the Knicks
          + Drummond
          + Miles Plumlee (when he started for the Suns), though Alex Len isn't much better atm
          + Enes Kanter (when he started for the Jazz)
          + Hickson

That's 15 pretty obvious ones. Then I could probably argue a few more without too much trouble.

Comment

danno wrote: View Post
            Why are so many on here so critical of KL and DD, but JV is talked about as the next great Center in the NBA? The Raps set a team record for wins , in consecutive seasons, and did it on the backs of the 2 guys that most of you want to ship out of town! And JV has proven very little to date other than he is not quick enough and not strong enough to go up against the other centers in the league. He was schooled by Gortat in the playoffs.

Just seems funny to throw KL and DD under the bus while giving JV a free pass ...
            Yes I certainly remember all those Gortat vs JV postups...

wait a minute.
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

"Raptors fans are bipolar and overreact to poor performance in the playoffs. This team won 49 regular season games!"

- Excuse to stay a mediocre team in a mediocre conference for years to come

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                Yes I certainly remember all those Gortat vs JV postups...

wait a minute.
                So you are suggesting JV outplayed Gortat in the series?

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                  "Raptors fans are bipolar and overreact to poor performance in the playoffs. This team won 49 regular season games!"

- Excuse to stay a mediocre team in a mediocre conference for years to come
                  Please shoot me

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                    You can't say he was above average considering the position he was put in.....lol

PPat and an injured/hobbled Amir were put in the same situations. All of the bigs were! Did you even watch the games? Did you watch the playoffs? Kyle and JV could not be trusted. They kept fouling!

That is all off memory? That's also a small sample size and doesn't mean much. Nobody is scared of driving to the rim when JV is there. He's too slow. If Harden didn't miss 2 bunnies the percentage would be nearly identical anyways. It's very possible that Harden just missed those shots, or maybe JV did a good job that day. Who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Why can't that be said? It's easy to look bad when trying to guard a 7 foot centre and 6 3 PG at the same, which is what JV did far too often this year.

Do you agree that our defensive system is not suited for a 260 pound 7 footer?

Amir is a seasoned vet and a pretty great defender, when his ankles work, and Pat wasn't put in situations to protect the rim.

Comment

So you are suggesting JV outplayed Gortat in the series?
                      No. I'm suggesting the games were 5 on 5 and that collectively the Wizards schooled the Raptors. But if you're going to single out players there are much more egregious examples you could mention.
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Oh Danno, you have made a horrible mistake.
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Jordan Hill
                          Olynyk/Tyler Zeller
                          Henry Sims
                          Pekovic
                          Al Jefferson
                          Brooke Lopez
                          Pau Gasol
                          Vucevic
                          Zaza
                          Jason Thompson

That's ten

+ Whoever started for the Knicks
                          + Drummond
                          + Miles Plumlee (when he started for the Suns), though Alex Len isn't much better atm
                          + Enes Kanter (when he started for the Jazz)
                          + Hickson

That's 15 pretty obvious ones. Then I could probably argue a few more without too much trouble.
                          lmfao half those centers are better
                          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

lmfao half those centers are better
                            Defensively? No

Comment

I think this mentality spread from the Leafs ...
                              It's a Toronto sports fans disease.

How do you cure it? WIN. Raptors fanbase though are so used to losing that even if they're winning games they still want to lose and tank and rebuild.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                                It's a Toronto sports fans disease.

How do you cure it? WIN. Raptors fanbase though are so used to losing that even if they're winning games they still want to lose and tank and rebuild.
                                This team as presently constructed has not given me much hope for playoff success. Ultimately nobody cares about how many games you can win in November or December, if you don't produce when it matters. This core has not shown that they can produce when it matters. Two playoff opportunities against pretty mediocre teams and nothing to show for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X