• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BreakingBradStevens
    replied
    RepTdot wrote: View Post
    ...would love to see Orlando's fans response to the Idea of getting DeRozan
    I am a Magic fan. Lived there for a while before moving to CAN. I would definitely do #5 for DeRozan. We need an established player who can score. We have a very good defensive squad and a couple spot up guys but we need someone who can create their own shots. A backcourt of Elfrid, Oladipo defense and DeMar on the wing shooting mid range would be deadly.

How about #5 and Nicholson for DeRozan (if were getting greedy also Patrick Patterson)? Nicholson comes home and we get the headcase off of our backs.

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    To what was essentially a one year deal to soak up bench minutes.

Hey if Orlando wants to do something dumb go ahead. But that seems to be the basis for a lot of theoretical Raptor trades.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Mess wrote: View Post
    This also makes the case as to why Orlando shouldn't do it. Sure, they have 7-8 players on rookies deals. But there's no reason they couldn't trade away the 3-4 who they think aren't keepers (Fournier, Harkless, Nicholson) packaged with 2nd rounders or something and get a player similar to DD (who isn't due a raise after 1 season) and keep the #5 pick.

I just think it would be a stupid trade for them.
    But is Orlando a team that might do something stupid? I mean, they did sign Ben Gordon as a free agent last year

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post
    Also key is the #5 pick is locked up on a cheap deal for 4 years, so even if Derozan is better, the fact he would cost $15M-$20M more than #5 covers that difference in current abilities.
    This also makes the case as to why Orlando shouldn't do it. Sure, they have 7-8 players on rookies deals. But there's no reason they couldn't trade away the 3-4 who they think aren't keepers (Fournier, Harkless, Nicholson) packaged with 2nd rounders or something and get a player similar to DD (who isn't due a raise after 1 season) and keep the #5 pick.

I just think it would be a stupid trade for them.

Leave a comment:

• Liberal
    replied
    Also key is the #5 pick is locked up on a cheap deal for 4 years, so even if Derozan is better, the fact he would cost $15M-$20M more than #5 covers that difference in current abilities.
    :-) you damn right! Not too mention i really dont think DeRozan is worth more than $10M per even in the new cap. He needs a smaller role to be on a successful team.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Liberal wrote: View Post
    I would be stoked with the #5 as i think the group of Winslow, Porzingis, Cauley-Stein n Hezonja have similar ceilings to that of DeRozan with none of them being anywhere near as ball dominant as DeMar.

Leave a comment:

• Liberal
    replied
    Kevin Love was on a whole other level than Demar though. Love had the 6th best WAR (wins above replacement) in the entire NBA when that trade was made. Demar's best ever WAR was in 2013-14 where he ranked 98th in the NBA. You shouldn't expect Love-like returns for Derozan. The #5 pick and filler seems like a reasonable return, but I'd be stoked if Masai could do better than that.
    I would be stoked with the #5 as i think the group of Winslow, Porzingis, Cauley-Stein n Hezonja have similar ceilings to that of DeRozan with none of them being anywhere near as ball dominant as DeMar.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    I really think a lot of people are undervaluing DeMar in terms of the return you can get for him.

Cleveland gave up 2 1st round picks for Kevin Love, one of them being the best bet at a superstar we've seen in some time.

The #5 pick and some throw ins to match salary isn't enough for DeMar.
    Kevin Love was on a whole other level than Demar though. Love had the 6th best WAR (wins above replacement) in the entire NBA when that trade was made. Demar's best ever WAR was in 2013-14 where he ranked 98th in the NBA. You shouldn't expect Love-like returns for Derozan. The #5 pick and filler seems like a reasonable return, but I'd be stoked if Masai could do better than that.

Leave a comment:

• Liberal
    replied
    DeRozan for the #5 would be spectacular for the Raps. I could actually see the Magic doing it as well, as mentioned they already have a ton of guys on rookie deals and look like they wanna fight for a playoff spot

Leave a comment:

• Uncle_Si
    replied
    I really think a lot of people are undervaluing DeMar in terms of the return you can get for him.

Cleveland gave up 2 1st round picks for Kevin Love, one of them being the best bet at a superstar we've seen in some time.

The #5 pick and some throw ins to match salary isn't enough for DeMar.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    Magic would rather have 2Pats and dump Fry. Dipo is more combo 2 than a 1 and Payton is a 1 and Fournier a 2. They need a stretch 4 but don't know if it is worth #5

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    McRealistic wrote: View Post
    Me too. I don't think Magic which is still rebuilding will be willing to give away that many young talents for DD. It just does not make sense to them.
    Also, I don't think DD will agree to sign with them. This will be his first big FA in 2016 and he would be excited to test the market. Also, I think where he is in his career now and after being in 2 play off series, he would rather be somewhere that he can compete and not in a rebuild team like Magic.

So as much as it looks great for Toronto, I don't think it is possible.
    It's all predicated on the Magic wanting to deal their pick. If they do, Derozan would be a nice return. They have 8 players on rookie deals so adding a seasoned vet with playoff experience is probably a higher priority than yet another rookie. On the flip side, I'd take Winslow over DD so maybe they just keep it.

Leave a comment:

• McRealistic
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    Yeah i woudl do that trade. Draft Winslow or Hezonja #5.

I don't think the Magic would do it though.
    Me too. I don't think Magic which is still rebuilding will be willing to give away that many young talents for DD. It just does not make sense to them.
    Also, I don't think DD will agree to sign with them. This will be his first big FA in 2016 and he would be excited to test the market. Also, I think where he is in his career now and after being in 2 play off series, he would rather be somewhere that he can compete and not in a rebuild team like Magic.

So as much as it looks great for Toronto, I don't think it is possible.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    JoeG15 wrote: View Post
    Recently saw BleacherReport post a hypothetical trade between the Raps and Magic, DeRozan for #5 pick.
    Thoughts? I personally don't think the Magic would since they have no 3pt shooting and DeMar is hardly a sharpshooter.
    That said, I would be all for it and any other trade that nets a top 10 pick for Lowry or DeRozan.
    Any other potential trades anyone has seen floating around that intrigue them?

Btw, if you're one of those posted that is completely against trading Lowry or DeRozan, please don't post here.
    Yeah i woudl do that trade. Draft Winslow or Hezonja #5.

I don't think the Magic would do it though.

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    I dunno I don't think they're TOO nuts.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X