X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mess
    replied
    RepTdot wrote: View Post
    considering Harris is open about leaving Orlando, getting a young All-Star in DD & a young starter in Ross for a departing RFA, a bench scrub in their current lineup and a lottery pick is something they should consider at least...but yea thats a good idea...would love to see Orlando's fans response to the Idea of getting DeRozan
    Getting DoRozan instead of drafting a true SF stud like Winslow? I'd be super pissed if I were them.

Leave a comment:

• RepTdot
    replied
    McRealistic wrote: View Post
    Is it ? Is DD agreeing to sign long term with Orlando. I love for someone to post this in Orlando fan page and see what they say
    considering Harris is open about leaving Orlando, getting a young All-Star in DD & a young starter in Ross for a departing RFA, a bench scrub in their current lineup and a lottery pick is something they should consider at least...but yea thats a good idea...would love to see Orlando's fans response to the Idea of getting DeRozan
    Last edited by RepTdot; Sun May 31st, 2015, 12:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    McRealistic wrote: View Post
    Is it ? Is DD agreeing to sign long term with Orlando. I love for someone to post this in Orlando fan page and see what they say
    Just assume DD would agree to stay long term wherever we send him. He seems like a loyal guy and if that team tells him they really want him and will pay him the money he wants, I don't see any reason he would leave. Orlando would be a great situation for Derozan, pairing up with Vucevic and Frye and leading a bunch of talented young guys. It would be fun to hear some Orlando fans thoughts on trading the pick.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Derozan & Ross for #5, Nicholson and S &T Harris....Thats a fair deal with Orlando..
    So basically same as what I was thinking, but throw in Ross and go for the sign and trade for Harris. There are a few possible options with Orlando, not a bad trade partner.

Leave a comment:

• McRealistic
    replied
    Derozan & Ross for #5, Nicholson and S &T Harris....Thats a fair deal with Orlando..

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Mess wrote: View Post
    All of the imaginary trades in that article are pretty ridiculous.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...a-draft/page/6

Trade #2) #2 & J. Randle for Melo
    Trade #3) #3 for Ty Lawson & Chandler
    Trade #4) #4 for Embiid
    Trade #5) #5 for DeRozan

I mean, the DeRozan one might actually be the least crazy imaginary trade of the lot which is saying something.

My point is that I would not label that a potential trade just because someone blogged about it. There are plenty of those types of trades on the forums here already. And some are more carefully thought-out than that one.
    Eh, forgot that article, it served its purpose of providing another possible suitor for a Derozan trade. Does it make sense for both sides? I'd say it does, and that's more important than how crappy a site bleacher report is.

Leave a comment:

• RepTdot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    All of the imaginary trades in that article are pretty ridiculous.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...a-draft/page/6

Trade #2) #2 & J. Randle for Melo
    Trade #3) #3 for Ty Lawson & Chandler
    Trade #4) #4 for Embiid
    Trade #5) #5 for DeRozan

I mean, the DeRozan one might actually be the least crazy imaginary trade of the lot which is saying something. Their rationale is playing him at SF and not having to overpay to keep Tobias Harris - which is decent logic - except like we all know here, you'll need to pay DD soon enough.

My point is that I would not label that a potential trade just because someone blogged about it. There are plenty of those types of trades on the forums here already. And some are more carefully thought-out than that one.
    Last edited by Mess; Sun May 31st, 2015, 12:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    JoeG15 wrote: View Post
    Recently saw BleacherReport post a hypothetical trade between the Raps and Magic, DeRozan for #5 pick.
    Thoughts? I personally don't think the Magic would since they have no 3pt shooting and DeMar is hardly a sharpshooter.
    That said, I would be all for it and any other trade that nets a top 10 pick for Lowry or DeRozan.
    Any other potential trades anyone has seen floating around that intrigue them?

Btw, if you're one of those posted that is completely against trading Lowry or DeRozan, please don't post here.
    I could definitely see Orlando wanting to deal the #5 pick for a more established player. They have an astounding 8 players still on their rookie deals next year, so I don't think they need to add yet another rookie, there isn't enough development time to go around. They could also use a vet whose got playoff and all star experience to help the rookies along. Frye and Vucevic are the only "vets" under contract with Orlando for next season, so adding a wing with some leadership would give them some more balance.

As for why they'd want Derozan, they don't have a true starting SG. Oladipo is a combo guard that leans more PG, and Fournier is a bench talent with bad defense(much worse than Derozan). Derozan's ability to play some SF gives Orlando the versatility to go with a Payton, Oladipo, Derozan lineup, assuming they let Harris go (possible). A lot of the SG minutes in Orlando were taken up by Willie Green and Ben Gordon, who will both be gone, and Derozan is a big upgrade over either of those guys.

We could probably get them to throw in Nicholson since he's buried on their depth chart behind Frye and Gordon, though he doesn't really move the needle for me, I'm just assuming Orlando would want to send out some salary.

Would I do Derozan for #5 and Nicholson? Yes, that is absolutely the kind of deal I'd want for Derozan.

Leave a comment:

• JoeG15
    started a topic DeRozan for #5

DeRozan for #5

Recently saw BleacherReport post a hypothetical trade between the Raps and Magic, DeRozan for #5 pick.
    Thoughts? I personally don't think the Magic would since they have no 3pt shooting and DeMar is hardly a sharpshooter.
    That said, I would be all for it and any other trade that nets a top 10 pick for Lowry or DeRozan.
    Any other potential trades anyone has seen floating around that intrigue them?

Btw, if you're one of those posted that is completely against trading Lowry or DeRozan, please don't post here.
Working...
X